Motherwell V Ross County 02/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Why does Baraclough refuse to put a 3rd man in midfield, particularly when the likes of Pearson looks to be carrying an injury?

Despite the lack of quality in the league, you can't go away from home with a 2 man midfield when your defence is less than competent. Back in January, he disrespected Dundee, a team who hammered us at FP previously, by going up to Dens with effectively a 424 formation and he's learned little since.

My thoughts exactly. It cost us big time last night.

I agree Vigurs was the biggest culprit tonight and has also been to blame for the last 5 months. He hasn't played for barraclough yet ffs

so is that because of his imaginary back injury ? or the fact he told some one at the club " all no fuckin kick another baw for this club" don't tell me you didn't hear that one , or is it just because he seen this comeing and didn't want to be part of a team that needs to dig inn and fight like fuck n scrap oh while he still takes wages ,,,, as I said before THE BOIS A FUCKIN WANKER , we will see who he starts the season with , and plays the first game #miraclerecovery

Got a feeling County's last minute equaliser in Baraclough's first game will come back to haunt us.

Perhaps. But in fairness despite the fact it was County who equalised in injury time that afternoon, we were the team fortunate to get a point that day.

Why would that bother you if he's an imposter. If he's as shite as people claim then why give a shit?

because the WANKER is an imposter , getting wages for fuck all while kiddin on hes injured and just being a general waste of space around fir park ,,, he will be back at ross county next season #homesicksogittaefuck
  • Like 1

because the WANKER is an imposter , getting wages for fuck all while kiddin on hes injured and just being a general waste of space around fir park ,,, he will be back at ross county next season #homesicksogittaefuck

Huge accusation. Evidence?

hes already refused an explority op to see what the problem is ???? if there is one ...

Aye is that right? so no back injury ? and now refusing an op'?

so is this your info? or as I asked, is it somebody who knows someone thats passing it on for you to sound stupid

Hashtags outside of Twitter are a total nonsense,like most of that post.

Got a feeling County's last minute equaliser in Baraclough's first game will come back to haunt us.

Thinking it was ok to piss about for 45 minutes and then pat ourselves on the back for getting a point against 10 man Killie is still the one thats niggling at the back of my mind as what might be the sickener. Whats gone before counts for fuck all though. It's down to the next 3/4 games and It's still in our hands IMO.

Need to win on Saturday though , over to you lads ... (with the now almost traditional post NDP rhetoric ringing in my ears for the third time in a year about knowing they let us down and being out to show us something about it next time)

As an ST holder i hope they open the gates and announce it early to try and get a crowd in .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpu5nYMuKI4

PS It's a cold day in hell before i'll ever be scared of Ross County coming to Motherwell

Yes another huge game for us and surely last chance saloon. Ross County may not be the best football side in the world but they have a ruthless win at all costs mentality and they do whatever it takes to grab the points. It won't be easy and the players and fans have to wise up if we are to take anything from the game. The one thing in our favour is that County will give us, the fans, some ammunition and we have to use that cynically as Dundee United fans have learned to do.

The first goal will be crucial.

I'm a hell of a lot more confident about winning at home than I am away and now we have 3 home games and possibly the easiest away match we could have. I never really believed we'd win the last two because, well I pay attention to the opposition, but I think it is very, very possible that we can actually get out of this now.

Partick are safe, only once in the history of the format has anyone finished 11th on 41 points. But if we can win the next two Kilmarnock and Ross County will be looking very nervously over their shoulder.

On Friday night we were dead and buried as far as the play offs were concerned. The teams above us must have thought they were safe. Now we are right back in it again and we have to use that unexpected chance to our favour. We are the chasers. We are the dogs, they are the stags. The pressure should be on them.

We've nothing to lose and everything to gain now and the opposite applies to County and Kilmarnock. We have to be motivated and believe and we've got to be fearless. Results didn't really go for us with County's run but now, here, finally, is the chance!

In terms of team selection every contracted player should play over every loan player even if the loan player is slightly better on paper. We need guys out there who will fight to preserve their Premiership status not guys who will be off doing something else next season.

I'm a hell of a lot more confident about winning at home than I am away and now we have 3 home games and possibly the easiest away match we could have......

In terms of team selection every contracted player should play over every loan player even if the loan player is slightly better on paper. We need guys out there who will fight to preserve their Premiership status not guys who will be off doing something else next season.

St Mirren away will a very very tough game unless by that time they are down and out. They pumped Killie 4-1 yesterday.

Not sure about loan players - fine in theory but don't forget a fair few contracted players' deals expire at the end of the season (Law, Ainsworth, Straker, MacDonald, Sutton, Erwin). Character is more important than employment status although the two may be related. We need scrappers and battlers irrespective of whether they're on loan or not.

I'm a hell of a lot more confident about winning at home than I am away and now we have 3 home games and possibly the easiest away match we could have. I never really believed we'd win the last two because, well I pay attention to the opposition, but I think it is very, very possible that we can actually get out of this now.

Partick are safe, only once in the history of the format has anyone finished 11th on 41 points. But if we can win the next two Kilmarnock and Ross County will be looking very nervously over their shoulder.

On Friday night we were dead and buried as far as the play offs were concerned. The teams above us must have thought they were safe. Now we are right back in it again and we have to use that unexpected chance to our favour. We are the chasers. We are the dogs, they are the stags. The pressure should be on them.

We've nothing to lose and everything to gain now and the opposite applies to County and Kilmarnock. We have to be motivated and believe and we've got to be fearless. Results didn't really go for us with County's run but now, here, finally, is the chance!

I normally think your posts are on the money but this ones out there for me.

Am not sure why you think we can get out of the play off spot based on our form???

Regardless of others not having much to play from there's nothing to suggest we can do enough to get the points required.

If we're in the play offs you wouldn't play any of the loan signings???

I normally think your posts are on the money but this ones out there for me.

Am not sure why you think we can get out of the play off spot based on our form???

Regardless of others not having much to play from there's nothing to suggest we can do enough to get the points required.

If we're in the play offs you wouldn't play any of the loan signings???

Our home form is actually pretty good and St. Mirren is one of the few away grounds we've gone to and won at. A big difference from say going to Firhill needing to win when we were comprehensively beaten last time out.

I'm not saying we will definately finish 10th now, but I think Ross County's defeat has opened up a real opportunity for us and Kilmarnock have lost, I think, 5 on the trot.

I like to think I'm not unrealistic about where we are BUT as long as there is a possible chance of escape you've got to have a steely belief. I don't want my club or our fans to throw in the towel in a matter as important as this when we maybe could have escaped it.

I think it should be compulsory for Motherwell fans to read about Operation Barbarosa. If the Soviet Union survied that, which seemed impossible, and then won, I don't see how Motherwell FC can't win a couple of football games on a ground were we've only lost once in the last six.

Let's show a bit of grit and a bit of perspective. The game is there to win, we might not win it, but it is there to win.

The main problem is the players appear to have chucked it and/or not up for it.

Do anyone think Long, Laing or Straker give a fuck they are taking this club down for the first time in 31 years?

There's more than a few out of contract in the summer who've barely broke sweat also.

And then there's McManus.

Our home form is actually pretty good and St. Mirren is one of the few away grounds we've gone to and won at. A big difference from say going to Firhill needing to win when we were comprehensively beaten last time out.

I'm not saying we will definately finish 10th now, but I think Ross County's defeat has opened up a real opportunity for us and Kilmarnock have lost, I think, 5 on the trot.

I like to think I'm not unrealistic about where we are BUT as long as there is a possible chance of escape you've got to have a steely belief. I don't want my club or our fans to throw in the towel in a matter as important as this when we maybe could have escaped it.

Ha ha yeah I'd say your post is down to steely belief but that's not a bad thing.

i went to the Partick game & didn't think we'd get anything but it was the manner of our defeat that was the biggest shock.

As others have said players just didn't give 100% after we went a goal down & the tactics just didn't work.

Having said that hamiltons form is shocking since Alex Neil went & there's no reason why we shouldn't have went there & took something.

We beat Kilmarnock away in a very spirited performance, we should have been able to do that at Hamilton.

I just don't see where we're pulling the points from.

Ross county have got both St Mirren & Hamilton at home & that's at least 4 point for them there I think.

Said this after the Partick game, rest of the season is just about trying to get some momentum for me & hope we can scrape through the play offs somehow

Last time we won a match Keith Lasley was by miles Man of the Match.

That's just not even true. There were many Man of the Match performances in that game. He wasn't MoM by a mile at all

I think we can still win this game. If we make the same chances we did on Friday and finish a couple then its a different story.

However, we need our experienced players to take it by the scruff of the neck, lead and and pull the rest of the team along...McManus, Lasley, Pearo, McDonald didn't show up the other night. For Lasley and McManus thats not the first time this season they have went into their shells either.

Team - I'd make a couple of changes. Wholesale changes isnt the answer at this time but we must be tactically correct. Hammell to come back in as he is surely fit now given he will have 2/3 U20 games under his belt. Also would drop Erwin and give Sutton a start. Law, as much as he has been good at right back has been posted missing a quite a few times and is on a shoogly peg. Wouldn't change anything else as I don't think the bench as anything better to offer other than maybe Thomas for one of the wingers.

Yeah, coz Hutch was shocking against Aberdeen last year!