Glasgow Branch-----Player Of The Year 2014-15.

livivoice

I'd always, perhaps wrongly and naively, thought the Mick nickname came from the old wrestler rather than being based on anything to do with Ireland/religion. I also thought his nickname was widely known and have certainly heard it used on several occasions.

Different people refer to different players in different ways and if someone wants to use a widely known nickname then I don't see a problem with that.

Still amazed he got player of the year but I can't think of any outstanding candidates for across the whole season.

I'd always, perhaps wrongly and naively, thought the Mick nickname came from the old wrestler rather than being based on anything to do with Ireland/religion. I also thought his nickname was widely known and have certainly heard it used on several occasions.

I think it is just a nickname. Mick-manus, nothing sinister I bet.

Scoring system seems pretty flawed, probably weights it towards keepers too, as in a normal season you'd hope to only play 1 keeper, whereas outfield players are more prone to suspensions or rotation.

Basically Mcmanus won it because he played the most games. Not because he was the most consistent performer.

Brazilian has showed that average rating is a flawed system too.

Perhaps a formula that combines the 2? Rewarding consistency and performance.

The Royal Brothers, Jackie Pallo, Kent Walton (Commentator) - defo a generation thing. Saturday afternoon World of Sport at 4.00 o'clock.

Definitely think that's where the nickname comes from.

Don't forget Kendo Nagasaki.

I saw a documentary last year on wrestling of that era and I think he still wouldn't reveal his identity and wore the mask during the interview. I still remember sitting with my grandparents and watching Dickie Davies introducing World of Sport before cheering for Big Daddy.

Can't get the theme tune out of my head now!

It has to be said, the wrestling being talked about here doesn't bear much resemblance to what the current generation consider as wrestling.

Certainly less choreographed, and of course less razzamatazz.

@weeyin - I had forgotten about Kendo (oh how could I).

• Like 1