Colin O Neil

muffdiver91

He now has a petition on facebook asking SFA to help ex players ,definitely on a mission.

He has had that up for a while, In my opinion the SFA should be helping ex players who are out of the game due to injury anyway, the English FA do it.

He was obviously a player who gave his all for the club and now he has fallen on hard times.

Depression is a terrible illness, and alcoholism does not help. He also has problems with his knee which caused him to retire, so he could also be in chronic pain.

Medication for depression and pain killers taken with alcohol is not very good for his mental state either.

As for flute bands, he is from Northern Ireland, that is part of the culture there, (and here to some people).

We shouldn't give jobs to guys just because they are ex players but we should be helping ex players who have obvious problems.

A wee bit of understanding and compassion for the guy who scored THE BEST Motherwell goal I have ever seen (plus he elbowed Peter Grant in the mouth).

He will always be a hero to me.

Why is it a mental comparison?

SFA = Scottish Football Association.

English FA = English Football Association.

Same organisation, different country.

Because Scotland has too many clubs for a nation of its size, the SFA is spread far thinner than the FA?

Sorry, I didn't. Knowing there is no such thing as an orange band unless this wee fella bangs a drum or that in his spare time...

41vMvHoK0AL._SX342_.jpg

Apologies. Maybe you genuinely don't know what I mean. The vast majority of folk on here definitely do.

In case it's not clear, he and others are saying they think The Orange Order and its affiliates such as The Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland, perpetuate a sectarian divisiveness that has no place in a modern, 21st Century Scottish (or Irish) society.

• Like 4