Jake Taylor

Even if that is a condition surely we just tell Reading to GTF?

What recourse can they have?

If it's specified in a contract, they can sue us for breach of contract.

I'd be very surprised if it was, though, as it doesn't make much sense in a professional sport..

Based on the Courtois case I don't think you can make those kind of stipulations in international loans.

Even if it was a valid clause I'd be absolutely amazed if Jake Taylor has a 'must play if fit' clause with us. If he were some sort of wonderkid then maybe but he's 23, out of contract at the end of the season and Clarke punted him out on loan to Leyton Orient last season where he played 3 games.

In fact the only loan that he's even made double figures in terms of appearances was his loan to Exeter City.

I honestly think Taylor was a major factor in the manager losing some of the fans, he lost my respect with never taking him off and starting him every week.

It wasn't the only factor but it was the fact every fan I spoke with had the same opinion yet Bara refused to act which lost my respect in him able to make correct decision

I honestly think Taylor was a major factor in the manager losing some of the fans, he lost my respect with never taking him off and starting him every week.

It wasn't the only factor but it was the fact every fan I spoke with had the same opinion yet Bara refused to act which lost my respect in him able to make correct decision

Maybe he did not have a choice and Taylor's loan agreement dictated he had to play if fit. Does not explain why he was not hooked every week though!!!

Got to agree. Stated on another thread and too a friend last week that Taylor will lose Bara his job. He's been a very very poor signing and playing him every game every week has lost a hell of a lot of points.

Got to agree. Stated on another thread and too a friend last week that Taylor will lose Bara his job. He's been a very very poor signing and playing him every game every week has lost a hell of a lot of points.

I was having a nose through some Reading forums last night and noticed that at the time there seemed to be a general consensus amongst their fans that Taylor's move was a good one for him and that he had more than enough about him to play for us.

Suggests to me that either Reading fans hugely underestimate our league or Bara brought in a player and had no idea what to do with him. On reflection both are probably true.

Either way he should be nowhere near our first team just now. Will actually be interesting to see if he gets any game time under Craigan and if he improves any (which wouldn't be hard).

The easiest way for Craigan to get fans onside from the start tomorrow is by him dropping Taylor.

• Like 1

I was having a nose through some Reading forums last night and noticed that at the time there seemed to be a general consensus amongst their fans that Taylor's move was a good one for him and that he had more than enough about him to play for us.

As I said previously, a Reading supporting mate of mine rated the boy very highly and I am not sure why it hasn’t worked out for him so far.