Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 31 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

i think well win this i just have feeling that kilmarnock are ready to fall apart and we're on the up so I'm gong 3 - 1 motherwell win Always optimistically following my heart

We may well lose but our performance at Dens is the best I've seen us play in about 2 years.

2-1 flattered Dundee.

Interesting how you are on the up after managing a draw against struggling Aberdeen side yet we're ready to fall apart after drawing at Tynecastle,beating Caley and winning at Dens (where you recently lost)!

Interesting how you are on the up after managing a draw against struggling Aberdeen side yet we're ready to fall apart after drawing at Tynecastle,beating Caley and winning at Dens (where you recently lost)!

Squirrel, we have a long way to go before we can say that we have turned the corner, however, I am hopeful that a well drilled McGhee team can scrape a draw. Are the Killie fans back on side with Gary Locke?

We may well lose but our performance at Dens is the best I've seen us play in about 2 years.

2-1 flattered Dundee.

I was just expressing a point of view i look at the squads and don't think theres much in it

but motherwell will (hopefully) have that impact from a new appointment and I've never been sold on Gary Locke to be quite honest

Kilmarnock are in good form, 4 wins and a draw from the last 6 matches so I don't think we should be getting too cocky on the back of one decent display then losing the plot if we happen to lose. Kilmarnock will be the favourites on Saturday.

However it would be good to see another encouraging display. I'd be happy with a point and a good performance. In fact I'd be happy with just the good performance although obviously more would be better.

It's our home matches that need to become the 'must' win matches, we might even attract a few more fans to come back if we can put a string of results together there.

Can't argue with a point away from home at this stage, but we certainly have enough to win it. Based on McGhee's comments on giving folk a chance, and lasley being injured, I think we may see Jake Taylor make an appearance, or hopefully leitch.

I can see skippy and ainsworth starting this one too. Can't see where else he will make changes, unless he brings in Laing at the back.

Is Lasley definitely out? Has this been confirmed anywhere?

If he is, and we keep the same formation, surely it will be Leitch who comes in?

Good thing is we dont know what formation or players will be playing so neither will Killie.

If it was me I would go

Ripley

Law Kenned Mick Chalmers

Ainsworth Grimshaw Pearo Johnson

Skippy Fletcher

Robinson and Thomas to be given a good run out too.

Sad to hear Killie have gone the plastic route. Always thought their pitch was cracking, back in the day. Any reason for them going plastic?

They trained in Glasgow and the ground was only used on match days so plastic let them use the ground seven days a week.

The plastic pitch will be a big influence on team selection and it wouldn't surprise me to see Johnson sit this one out for example.

I thought that as well but at the same time Johnson's struggled that much for form this season that it'd be a boot in the baws for him to get bumped after finally putting in a decent showing up at Pittodrie. I suppose it depends just how much an injury risk on the surface he actually is.

Given this was the game that many identified as the "season starts here" fixture when McGhee got the job it'll be interesting to see if he looks to involve Ainsworth from the start. Also, given the amount that has been written here about how playing 2 wingers in a 442 leaves us exposed in the middle of the park it was noted that when McGhee floated the idea of playing with 2 wingers in his pre-game interview he tied it to playing 3 central midfielders.

For me Leitch is the obvious candidate to step in for Lasley. If he wants roughly a like for like replacement in Lasley's role then it's clearly not Taylor though from listening to McGhee I'd expect him to get minutes at some point on Saturday as well.

For me Leitch is the obvious candidate to step in for Lasley. If he wants roughly a like for like replacement in Lasley's role then it's clearly not Taylor though from listening to McGhee I'd expect him to get minutes at some point on Saturday as well.

Mark McGhee went on about plastic pitches and rightly so in my view; they are installed for financial reasons. He also said that he'd have to achieve a balance between testing players out to get to know them and getting a result. Its helpful that he's clarified that and it makes perfect sense to me now. Given that, I'd expect he will want to see what both Leitch and Taylor can do. Neither fits the bill, in my view, for different reasons, but he may be able to improve the game(s) of one or both. The exception to that approach would be if he has seen/learnt enough off the park to discount one or both lads. We have to remember that its not our views which count here - he hasn't seen either player in competitive action so far, and there are more in that category.

I think McGhee will play, more or less, the same team that finished up in Aberdeen.

Dont think we should read too much into the comments about giving players who havent played game time. If anything I think it will be 20/30mins time off the bench for the likes of Taylor, Leitch, Thomas etc. Would be very surprised to see Leitch right in to start when be wasnt even on the bench last game. Especially when Grimshaw and Pearson finished the last game in there well.

Most (sensible) people said the season starts here for McGhee. As the week has progressed, I'm looking for 3 points from this match. There is very little between the sides in this league and we are more than capable of winning against a rival away from home.

Skippy back in the side and a double for him today!