Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 7 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

It would take a very poor performance to rival Scott McDonalds level of shitness today he was horrendous. Take a bow joe charmers, you far exceeded it! Agree regarding Vigurs though that won't be popular on here

We can agree on the left back. Angol was better than this guy. Fletcher had no impact on the game whatsoever, at least McDonalds gets himself on the ball and doesn't hide, even though his performances have not been great this season we are poorer without him on the field most of the time.

Some of our play was flawed today but I really enjoyed it and at 3-0, still thought we had a chance.

McGhee got his tactics wrong in 1st half. Time after time Inverness have overrun us in midfield at Fir Park and that wasn't going to stop with Marvin playing as a 3rd midfielder. To be fair to McGhee, we don't have many options in midfield.

Inverness played 2 at the back today with full backs pushed right up into midfield, Tansey as anchor man, three across the middle and the supporting striker dropping back to give them basically 7 midfielders. Talk about flooding the middle of the park!

We really needed to get them down the wings but Ainsworth and Johnson were poor and Joe Chalmers was terrible.

An encroaching foot...clearly interfering with play. Jeez... Perversely, I actually enjoyed that, don't mind losing when you can see effort, dedication and intent. Hope Hammel recovers over the international break, that was a Danny Murphy-esque clusterf**k of a performance from Chalmers today.

A few thoughts.

Thoroughly enjoyable game, lit up by that screamer from Vigurs and a great shot from Grimshaw. Both sides looked dangerous going forward, and in all honesty, Inverness were just more clinical, and after they had the lead, were clever in protecting it.

Law had another excellent game, and the vitriol hurled at him for the 1 in 10 passes which he misplaces is beyond ridiculous. Grimshaw was also fairly impressive. Tenacious and up for the battle with their midfield. Moult...I still don't feel looks great, but he tries like hell, and is scoring when no-one else is. Love the guy, despite his flaws.

On the other hand, another moronic showing from McManus. Giving away a penalty, and then a 95th minute red card. Our defence has been shocking for a few years now, and he appears undroppable. I'm just glad he's stopped launching the ball at whoever he sets sight on up front. Chalmers looks woefully out of his depth. I appreciate he's a back-up for Hammell, and he may well develop into a good player, but for now, he looks rotten.

Subs had zero impact on the game.

And as for their time-wasting, and Craig Thompson's overall performance...fuck sake.

• Like 1

There's no quality in the team whatsoever and some of the players and Barracloughs signings are downright awful. I had left before McManus was sent off but I wouldn't be surprised if he just went "fuck it, I'm getting sent off so I don't have to play for a bit". I curse the day he signed for Motherwell. A total imposter.

14 games in and we've only scored more than 1 goal in a game once. Embarrassing.

35 years of of following Motherwell home and away have taught me three simple things

1. Our goalie has the he biggest set of tits ever seen on a man. It's maybe his excuse for not being able to move the length of himself, the hopeless prick
2. Our left back in less than half a season is already a fully fledged member of the worst footballers ever to play at fir park
3. If someone introduced to that cunt Grimshaw for the first time was told he was a professional footballer they would have every right to not believe you.

I'll be the first to say it (and the last probably) but I'd rather have straker in at left back than chalmers at the moment.

At least you were guaranteed at least one piece of jaw dropping skill in amongst the other 99.99% of dross from Tony, but it was 0.01% better than chalmers today.

Ok maybe not... but you get the idea. Hammell will hopefully make a difference to the team going forward, as I lost count of the times chalmers got it with a bit of space ahead of him only to stop and either pass it inside or back to mcmanus.

We've been much worse - and won.

Ripley- good pen save, bad luck with the deflection and the worldy from the enigmatic Vigurs.

Law- a great shift, confidence flooding back finally

Chalmers- turns like the Exon Valdiz. Painfully slow thought processes, too slow to interplay with Marv

Kennedy- assured and not seriously tested.

McManus- red card late on, harsh but he's too long in the tooth to be caught out. Not smart

Ainsworth - worked with Law and tracked back. But didn't do enough offensively , first half shot on for his left but pissed about trying to move it to his left . Great ball for the goal.

Grimshaw- MOTM by a mile. Aggressive, combative. Looked to pick a pass, composed enough to keep possession while looking for options. Unlucky almost broke the crossbar first half

Pearson - more positionally disciplined than of late. Drove forward and tried to "steal" the ball . Too much yapping after the goal, stupid booking.

Johnson - worked hard defensively, a few runs but not far enough up the park to matter. Switched wings second half, didn't work cos he just doesn't cut inside and shoot

Moult- 90 minutes graft, took his goal well. Slim pickings in terms of decent ball to him. Selfless and tireless work rate

McDonald- still off the pace, poor interplay. Bad decisions when passing

Fletcher an Robinson - too late to matter

Just not our day- but I see improvement

Hammell hopefully fit after the break,

McDonald needs benched for Robinson against Cpunty

Laing and Kennedy- no choice - thanks to McManus's red( not clever)

Biggest concern for me is the lack of player intelligence. The amount of times they'd make a pass and just stood there and not think to make a move to give another option. Then sometimes when they do make that pass, they panic and its the wrong pass, thus resulting in a broken down attack. The lack of concentration is a worry as well as they lose focus too often and miscontrol the ball or just slice it out of play. Maybe its just the level the Scottish game is at at the moment, decent talents just lacking the mentality.

I'd say Johnson and Chalmers are probably the worst for this, I'd say Moult is one of our more intelligent players, I just don't think some of the team are on his wavelength, as he'll always make a few runs a game which go completely unnoticed, which could have possibly been found had we had a creative type midfielder which we don't. Which I think kills us at times, because teams know every time It's going to come down the wings.

Seemed a lack of leadership today as well. Also think Pearson's booking for dissent didn't help as it meant he couldn't be his usual combative self.

A real sense of disappointment today. For some reason I went to the game a little excited and hopeful of taking the points. I don't think there was a lot between the teams. Yes, Motherwell were really poor to start with, but I felt that at 1-0 down they weren't really under any threat. The second was really poor defensively and seemed to take a massive deflection to take it beyond Ripley. Going in 2-0 down was harsh. When Vigurs got the third I thought there was danger that we'd cave, but they kept going and Moult's goal really seemed to give the team belief. A better rub of the green, better final ball, better finishing, and/or composure and we might have got a second and then the game would have been on.

Performance wasn't that bad. My biggest criticism of the team would be the lack of movement in front of the ball and lack of close support for the guy on the ball. Chalmers, who was poor today, was often left isolated with the only option being to hoof it or go backwards. Mostly he decided to go backward and keep the ball.

Still neednsome creativity in the team.

• Like 1

It's difficult to know what to say about that today. A whole mixture of ill fortune, some self-inflicted wounds, some utterly awful refereeing and it has to be said some decent stuff from Caley contributed to a result that I don't think reflected the pattern of the game at all.

I thought Caley started the brighter and it looked like they might have had a case for a penalty earlier than the one they did get. I'm totally convinced that there was a measure of righting wrongs going on in Thomson's head when he gave the handball. I've yet to see a replay of the goal so I don't know if there was any encroaching but even if there was it routinely goes on up and down the country week in, week out so for us to be picked up on it, feels like we've been hard done by, even if it may be the letter of the law.

Good response though. Thought Moult may have done better with the two headers but well on top even if we weren't creating a huge amount.

The second was a sickener given how much on top we'd been. Two up at the break with a re-taken penalty and a deflected goal. Very harsh but you look back earlier to when possession was given back to Caley and you wonder if the clearance could have been more decisive. Further bad luck with Grimshaw's effort that rebounded off the bar that could have changed the complexion of the second hald completely.

The curse of the former player worked its magic. Could Johnson have done more to put Vigurs off? Certainly at first glance it appeared a bit of a lazy attempt by Marvin to win the ball in the air. A special strike though all the same.

Again though a good response and I'm sure McGhee will take heart from a group of players who went to the end and didn't chuck it. The quality wasn't perhaps there on the day, we had a lot that went against us but they didn't throw in the towel.

It didn't go our way today and it's especially disappointing that it was a great opportunity passed up to move up the table and inflict a bit of misery on another side around us in the table but far from despondent. Not setting the bar particularly high possibly but more to take from that today than a number of games over the past season and a half.

And I'm not even touching Craig Thomson's overall display....

Chalmers. Fucking atrocious footballer but will be sitting mortgage free probably so who are the mugs. A fucking abomination of a full back.

Ripley. Probably spending all of this weeks wage on kebabs and wonder bras the fat turd.

Meanwhile Vigurs gets binned by that last prick in charge for the heinous crime of telling the last prick he was a useless prick.

as for the rest..........

Have actually seen us worse and won......last week v killi ,for example

Will need to see pen decision again,but it looked soft.....to order a retake just compounds matters.I am not one for blaming refs,its usually a deflection tactic,but today I thought the ref was very poor....knew the rules but doesn't know the game

We have a few problem positions,most notably left back

Have to agree, I thought that apart from 1st 10-15 mins we were the much better team, at times the final ball and composure in the final third let us down. Chalmers at left back isn't the answer but hopefully Hammell will be fit after the international break.

Up front not sure of our best pairing but I thought McDonald had a good game and we lost our way when he was replaced by Fletcher.

Eddie Catflap, on 07 Nov 2015 - 7:55 PM, said:Eddie Catflap, on 07 Nov 2015 - 7:55 PM, said:

35 years of of following Motherwell home and away have taught me three simple things

1. Our goalie has the he biggest set of tits ever seen on a man. It's maybe his excuse for not being able to move the length of himself, the hopeless prick

2. Our left back in less than half a season is already a fully fledged member of the worst footballers ever to play at fir park

3. If someone introduced to that cunt Grimshaw for the first time was told he was a professional footballer they would have every right to not believe you.

Ha,Tell me what drugs your on .I take it your having hallucination's .

Midfielders non existent today, best chances seen team make for a while,disagree with comments on Chalmers, had no options at times going forward therefore keeps the ball by going back, strange sub choice

Grimshaw had his best game today but I don't think there is much to his game. Don't see any goals or assists coming off this guy. Is he really a step up from Carswell?

Pearson was apparently carrying an injury today. The fact that he even played tells you something.

Eddie Catflap, on 07 Nov 2015 - 9:04 PM, said:Eddie Catflap, on 07 Nov 2015 - 9:04 PM, said:

you obviously think we've got Walter Zenga in goals and Lilium Thuram at full full back you spangle!

What the fuck is a spangle ?Btw I never rated Thuram .Spangle ha ha ,WTF ?