Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 7 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Grimshaw had his best game today but I don't think there is much to his game. Don't see any goals or assists coming off this guy. Is he really a step up from Carswell?

Pearson was apparently carrying an injury today. The fact that he even played tells you something.

F ck me mate , Grimshaw almost broke the bar, won more challenges in the second half than Carswell has won since he was born, and he actually held the ball time after time looking for a pass rather than just offloading it anywhere.

He's not a step up from Crabswell, he's on another floor altogether ...

Pearson was clearly under orders to be more disciplined positionally, shame he just couldn't button his lip and earned a totally needless yellow

How much longer are the clubs in the SPL going to put up with Craig Thomson being allowed to retain Grade 1 Referee Status? His performance today was just the latest in a long, long series of inept and incompetent performances over a considerable period of time. He creates controversy in just about every game in which he officiates. Today's being the latest episode. Since the SFA are responsible for referees and the clubs ARE the SFA then I think it's high time they got together to get this guy off the Grade 1 List.

Incidentally, his refereeing performances in European games is of the same pathetic level!

• Like 1

agreed re-take every day of the week, the motherwell player was nearly in the 6 yard box when it was cleared ffs.

Was it a pen in first place?defender is jumping for header ,hands naturally go up for leverage,and hits him with his back to ball.....that's my recollection anyway.... Might look different when I see it again

Being a long standing Well fan - this had all the hallmarks of a (perhaps) surprising defeat.

Truth is we had the same shots on and off target and edged posessesion albeit narrowly.

We carried some luck last week and none this week. Thomson is a fucknugget. As far as I can remember he is seeking to fuck us over and today was no different. The penalty was soft and more often than not is not given.

I said before the game Vigurs would score a worldly and wish I had put money where my mouth is / was....

Overall I felt we were quite poor. Charmers and McManus were woeful. Skippy again struggles to pick the correct pass and execute.

Like the McGhee interview on club website. Maybe more positive than the reality, but no need to panic yet. We were in a relegation battle before he arrived and unless Les splashes cash in Jan window will be again. I would rather go into it with McGhee than Barra.

Finishing 10th is still the priority and today shows that is our sole aim.....

• Like 1

Just seen highlights. Thomson is a sad excuse.

Handball was no way deliberate and as soft as you will see. It did hit McManus on the hand but he was facing away and the ball traveled a yard at most. The retake ? There was encroachment but by both players and yet he penalises Motherwell.

Set the tone for the game.

Get him tae fuck away from any of our games in future.

Was sitting behind big Yogi in the POD. He was going tonto , gesticulating to his assistant and on the phone to the dugout all game. Ok so he is the manager but you've got to love he guy, he's all heart and a bit more

What a character he is - we had the pleasure, albeit very briefly, of a chat after the game and he's a hoot. I thought he was a terrible appointment for caley when he got the gig but he's done a great job there and they played some decent stuff the first half hour today

I know I've ranted about this before, but Motherwell fans applauding a goal against us, especially by a player that stole wages for a big chunk of his time here, really does my nut in.

He was an integral part of the joint highest placed Motherwell team in living memory and was one of the best a bad bunch in the next season before being dropped.

Sure, clapping opposition goals might be a tad cringeworthy -but not nearly as much as people abusing the guy for two years and then booing him for no apparent reason when he came back. Probably the same type that insist he "stole a wage" tbh.

• Like 2

I know I've ranted about this before, but Motherwell fans applauding a goal against us, especially by a player that stole wages for a big chunk of his time here, really does my nut in.

That wage thief you referred to had something like 12 assists the season we finished second. It was said often enough that he didn't fit into our rigid 442 formation and certainly wasn't a left winger but that was McCall fault for signing him and playing him there. Inverness play a system that suits him he's better playing centrally.

To order a retake of the penalty I'll grudgingly agree with as the main encroacher was first to the rebound and cleared the ball. Never a penalty in the first place though. Second goal should have been Ripley's ball when the aimless through-ball went into the box but he didn't move, put pressure on Law and he fluffed his clearance. Great goal by Vigurs but any reason why Ripley didn't even bother having a go at saving it? Wouldn't be surprised if we appeal the red again and win. First yellow was a great tackle but the second yellow is the one that matters and it certainly looked like the boy was feigning injury to me.