Ross County V Motherwell Sat 21 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I like the people saying that you can't blame McGhee. Shocking team selection today. Asking for a defeat. Luke Watt performed admirably against Aberdeen last season at left back yet is ignored today. McDonald's not kicked a ball all season, McGhee makes him captain. Playing with two centre midfielders in a tough away game. Naive, bordering on idiotic...

The buck stops with McGhee...

• Like 1

I like the people saying that you can't blame McGhee. Shocking team selection today. Asking for a defeat. Luke Watt performed admirably against Aberdeen last season at left back yet is ignored today. McDonald's not kicked a ball all season, McGhee makes him captain. Playing with two centre midfielders in a tough away game. Naive, bordering on idiotic...

The buck stops with McGhee...

Injuries may be forcing his arm a little but I can't believe we go to Dingwall with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. Such naivety from Baraclough was why I never had any confidence in him.

Given McGhee's experience we are entitled to expect better. At the very least, we should be difficult to beat.

• Like 1

on way back from game we were feckin dire no threat the whole game, pearson had a nightmare as did kennedy and why mcghee thought Johnson could play at left back is beyond me. but to be fair 3-0 flattered county a bit they were nearly as bad as us niether keeper had a decent save to make

Shocking team selection today. Asking for a defeat. Luke Watt performed admirably against Aberdeen last season at left back yet is ignored today. McDonald's not kicked a ball all season, McGhee makes him captain. Playing with two centre midfielders in a tough away game. Naive, bordering on idiotic...

Presumably Chalmers was injured? That was the last thing we needed - 2 left backs out of action. As for Luke Watt - MMcG (note not MM) did not mention him on Monday evening when asked what young players might might the grade. If young Watt is not even on the bench that must be for a reason. You can't tell me that if he is playing well and has the right attitude then Craigan, Robinson and McGhee would all ignore him. They see him at first hand week in and week out and know more about him than we do.

As for Taylor, I have no problem with MMcG selecting him. Until today he had not seen him in action and understandably wanted to see what he could or could not do. I would be more worried if he picked his team based on comments on this forum. Whether he will pick him again is another matter entirely.

Clarkson is done. Absolutely done.

not enough people got to suffer the East Fife game.

few players got anywhere near pass marks that evening, for effort, fitness or capability.

Clarkson was far from the worst on any measure, and I'm not sure I'd label him absolutely done, but the hour he was given, showed that even against a lower league side, he isn't the weekly answer, much like Laing, Chalmers, Johnson* and Law that night, it was clear as day that they just aren't good enough for the level we are trying to play at.

I understand the club is in a position, and the new manager has to review players, systems etc all over again, but give me players who are known to have a level of ability and importantly give 100% like Kennedy, Moult & Lasley (Hammell) and some with youthful potential, drive and togetherness like Leitch,Thomas, Watt and Cadden have shown.

we've then got a few poor value players like Mcmanus, McDonald and Pearson, who can definitely return more than their average performance shows, for whatever reason the manager needs to figure out

add them to these computerised trump card signings, to fill gaps and get game time to develop and show the drive to take more playing time.

sure its simplified and injuries suspensions etc all throw challenges,

but I'm tired of watching the same failed selections deliver the same failings,

much like the admin' season, I'd much rather see a group fighting and growing than what we've had the last 18months

Injuries may be forcing his arm a little but I can't believe we go to Dingwall with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. Such naivety from Baraclough was why I never had any confidence in him.

Given McGhee's experience we are entitled to expect better. At the very least, we should be difficult to beat.

Why is it naievety? He trained them all week and obviously thought that formation could win. Lets not forget it was a team we were playing that we all thoughtvwe could win!

Why is it naievety? He trained them all week and obviously thought that formation could win. Lets not forget it was a team we were playing that we all thoughtvwe could win!

McGhee is naive if he thought that team had any hope of a result up there. Johnson at left back?? Really?? If Baraclough had pulled that stunt, this place would be full of people ridiculing him...

McGhee has had very little time so needs to be cut some slack. He has also proved to be a decent manager in the past so no reason to think that, given some resources, he won't be able to improve matters.

We are in a bit of a mess at present, because of the failings of our two previous managers. No point blaming McGhee over that. If he can't fix it, then the mess will be even worse than it is now, and harder to address, whoever inherits it, so probably best to give the guy some time and support rather than turning on him after less than half a dozen games. He is stuck with what he has until January at least, so I have no problems with him experimenting with what he has in the squad before then. He has to find out for himself what they can and cannot do. Blooding youngsters now, given the state of the team, could do more harm than good, so no point in throwing them in, to sink or swim, at this stage.

I have a damn sight more confidence that McGhee will be able to turn things around than Baraclough who has turned out to be a woeful appointment, so we are not in as bad a position as we might have been. Les will have to invest in the squad in January, so let's just hope that the three or four players we need are available and willing to join us. We could also do with getting rid of some of the dead wood.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll see wholesale changes in January. We should punt Robinson and Taylor for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ripley and Grimshaw move also, I'm not massively impressed with either anyway. We're stuck with everyone else as they're under contract.

I'd also suggest that. McGhee has been here long enough that we might see something. Anything! We're not. What concerns me is that apart from his magnificent first season with us he has done absolutely nothing of note in management since. He has been tasked with making a silk purse out a sows ear admittedly but surely we could at least be set up to be hard to beat?!?!

We will get nothing from Hearts next week but after that there are some absolute 6 pointers coming up. Thistle and Utd in particular.

We absolutely cannot lose either of those games.

Les will have to invest in the squad in January, so let's just hope that the three or four players we need are available and willing to join us. We could also do with getting rid of some of the dead wood.

Les doesn't invest, he lends.

One positive from today is McGhee's post match interview. Straight talking and well reasoned.