Motherwell V Dundee Sat 12 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I remember it as being Andy Harrow too.

When you think about it we ended up a with a few on the fringes of the successful Aberdeen and Dundee Utd teams of that era with mixed results. John Gardiner, Derek Murray, John Reilly, Stevie Cowan, Andy Harrow, Andy Dornan and a fair bit later Ian Angus come to mind.

Arguably both sides time had come and gone by the time we started getting hit with the likes of Paul Kinnaird and Joe McLeod mind you.

• Like 1

Yet when Hammell and Lasley were missing we got pumped twice by average sides in poor performances.

Correct, they are key players who do make the overall team tick and more solid. Very important.

But they are not...by far...currently our 2 best performing players.

Two different things.

I remember it as being Andy Harrow too.

When you think about it we ended up a with a few on the fringes of the successful Aberdeen and Dundee Utd teams of that era with mixed results. John Gardiner, Derek Murray, John Reilly, Stevie Cowan, Andy Harrow, Andy Dornan and a fair bit later Ian Angus come to mind.

Arguably both sides time had come and gone by the time we started getting hit with the likes of Paul Kinnaird and Joe McLeod mind you.

Harrow wasn't the worst....but certainly not the best. Dornan wasn't great, a sort of Tom Hately defender without the dead ball ability. I just recall being mostly miserable that season, some really poor stuff under Wallace, the back to back old firm games that cemented McLairs move to Celtic being about the only highlight.........and Shuggie Edvaldsson could barely run at the point we got him.

We Tommy didn't half get stung with his brother with the likes of Gardiner, Murray and Reilly....Jesus!!

Again I would like to echo all the previous points great 3 points and an excellent first half performance !!!!

I know this has been covered before and possibly someone has given the answer.......Yesterday there was 391 Dundee fans in the south stand ( if I heard the crowd anoucment correctly) which sits just under 5,000

Why was the full stand open ?

I don't go to many away games X 3-5 per season , where we are continually forced to sit in fenced off segregated areas in the stands and never allowed to roam all over the place !

Why does this happen at FP ????? meaning extra stewarding costs etc etc when we apparently struggling for money !!!!!

Again somebody will give a logical answer which will make me look like a pedantic tit.......but why the whole facking stand with stewards covering X double the vomitories upper and lower when they should be herded into one section with the minimum stewards ....rant over !!

Merry Christmas

• Like 1

we are continually forced to sit in fenced off segregated areas in the stands and never allowed to roam all over the place !

points out that as a visiting fan its not an enjoyable matchday experience to get forced into a cramped corner of a stand

Why was the full stand open ?

then asks why our club try and make the visting fans more welcome at the same time as not forcing POD regulars to share facilites with them

Merry Christmas

Indeed

points out that as a visiting fan its not an enjoyable matchday experience to get forced into a cramped corner of a standthen asks why our club try and make the visting fans more welcome at the same time as not forcing POD regulars to share facilites with themIndeed

Why don't we give them free pies a cuddle and a Christmas pressie

and their bus fare home as well !!!!!!!

That's the first time I've seen us since McGhee came back, and I was pretty impressed. Moult was fantastic, with a work rate that was second to none and some really intelligent play.

Fundamentally, we looked much more enterprising and positive, and whilst we're not at the level that we were at during his first term, you can tell that McGhee has had a big impact, with three or four folk breaking forward at a time.

We really should have been three or four up at the break - a few times we got into excellent positions but the final ball was missing. Dundee came back into it during the second half, and I wish we would have kept the pressing game up rather than trying to contain them. Ultimately, all minor things given the score line.

For all he's a hard worker, I was a bit disappointed with Skippy. I know he's a good bit older, but on a number of occasions Moult or Marv had broken forward but Skippy was a good few yards behind the play. If he's going to play like a ten, then the team needs to be set up accordingly. He's not quite right in a 4-4-2.

All told, a comprehensive victory that could have been double what the final score actually was. Pity we have Celtic next week but feeling pretty confident going into the Christmas period.

For all he's a hard worker, I was a bit disappointed with Skippy. I know he's a good bit older, but on a number of occasions Moult or Marv had broken forward but Skippy was a good few yards behind the play. If he's going to play like a ten, then the team needs to be set up accordingly. He's not quite right in a 4-4-2.

I take your point but I think it's really a question of what's expected of him. You can kind of flip it round and point to the fact that yesterday and previous games recently we've looked worse when McDonald has been subbed off. It's a small sample of games but it's enough to suggest that particular role is key to how McGhee's wanting to set up.

It's semantics but I'd say we're actually closer to 433 than 442, as McGhee put it in his post-match vs Aberdeen it's a 4,3.5,2.5 (with the winger as the 2x.5)

Why don't we give them free pies a cuddle and a Christmas pressie

and their bus fare home as well !!!!!!!

bus fare might work?

I'd just cut the advertised price of £23 down to £18-20 max, keep the stand open and contact the other clubs fans to make sure they know

Cuddles might work, if thats your thing

• Like 1

By all accounts he was hopeless at Ross county too

There's also the fact that this is his first season playing first team football. I was surprised Hall got the nod but equally Kennedy has had a decent run and has definitely looked the part more often than not but I don't see any harm in some rotation now and again.

By all accounts he was hopeless at Ross county too

If you are referring to Kennedy yes he was hopeless, hardly won a tackle all game too easily forced off the ball, was all over the place and dived in to concede the pen. I am not writing him off just yet but he needs to improve a bit. Hall had a solid debut and boosted his chances of more 1st team action, competition for places is a good thing for the team.

Surely the M9 M80 M73/4 ....etc etc quickest route ????

750 -1000 Which again would merit possibly two full sections either upper or lower ?????

Correct. A few of our group left from Perth and travelled down the A9, M80 and M73/74. That is the way they normally travel. We commented at the time on the entire South Stand being open and could only assume that Dundee had advised us to expect well in excess of 2,000 fans. We travellled via Kincardine Bridge yesterday and it was fine although it took us a good 30-40 minutes longer.

Arrived with Andy Harrow, Andy Dornan was probably the best of the pair.

I liked Dornan as well and there was no shame in being an Aberdeen 'reject' in 1983 when they were regularly winning silverware and impressing in Europe. He was nowhere near their level at that time but was pretty tidy for us.

Harrow was much more limited but had his moments - a lob from wide against Hibs springs to mind.

When is Kennedys loan up?

Are we preparing Hall for Kennedy returning in January?

I know we have Laing but we will need back up.

Kennedy has done pretty well for the most part but makes more sense to develop our own players than someone elses if they are of similar standard.

The only players we have on loan are;

Ripley (Boro - loan up in January)

Grimshaw (Man Utd - loan up in January)

Taylor (Reading - season loan with 'break' option in January)

Edit: For what it's worth both Ripley and Grimshaw have said they'd like to stay on until the end of the season, I've not heard anything about Taylor in the press but the fact he's (not unsurprisingly) barely featured says a lot. Reading have just binned Steve Clarke so it'd probably be in Taylor's interests to go back to his parent club if he's clearly not going to get game time here.

McGhee's already said he's decided what his plans are with regards extending their deals or not but needs to talk to clubs and players about it.