Scottish Cup - Fifth Round Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 6 Feb 15:00

prideoflanarkshire

I know it annoys everyone but really we're in a shit position in the league and last season it went to the wire. It will again this season . Thanks for all your compliments by the way but at the end of the season as longs as we stay up. :yahoo::scared:

Fuck sake.

I know it annoys everyone but really we're in a shit position in the league and last season it went to the wire. It will again this season . Thanks for all your compliments by the way but at the end of the season as longs as we stay up. :yahoo::scared:

while to a small degree I understand your point of view we've been good under McGhee and we won't go to the wire it will be bottom 6 I'm afraid but won't be a relegation battle so just enjoy the season

Accies have told the SFA to they don't want to host the green and grey hordes so the EK cup tie has no venue.

Hopefully playing on the Saturday will rule out Fir Park.

They will probably move the game to the Sunday for TV and then play it at Fir Park, if that happensi hope Motherwell tell them to GTF as well after the damage they caused a couple of seasons ago.

They will probably move the game to the Sunday for TV and then play it at Fir Park, if that happensi hope Motherwell tell them to GTF as well after the damage they caused a couple of seasons ago.

Its already on the Sunday. But the SFA statement didn't even list Fir Park as one of the 7 preferred venues so I can't see it happening. Assume that's because we are already playing.

The SFA statement didn't even list Fir Park as one of the 7 preferred venues so I can't see it happening. Assume that's because we are already playing.

I think it was SFA rules section 13 only states that if the home ground is unsuitable for whatever reason then it should be played at the nearest ground of similar capacity. The list they put out would probably have had Fir Park at no 3 behind Hampden and the San giro if we had been away from home v ICT

I hope we tell them to fuck off too if they try have it at ours.

Can it be moved to Parkhead? I had this discussion before but never got any definite answers.

I cannot see any rules against it so it could be moved to Celtics ground but would set a precedent for 'cashing in' on a cup draw, where any team could push for a ground move to split a bigger gate, its against the spirit? of the competition

I hope we tell them to fuck off too if they try have it at ours.

Can it be moved to Parkhead? I had this discussion before but never got any definite answers.

As I understand it I don't think there are any specific rules against it and if both teams are in agreement then yes it could be moved to Parkhead. Which to be honest if you are the EK board means more cash,they know they are going to get pumped so why not make a few quid, I personally think its wrong and against the spirit of the cup etc but for EK this is a one time deal so I can't argue against if that's what they decide to do.

I've a vague recollection of a similar situation where the "wee" home team played the tie at the away team's ground. But it might have been down in England.

So no help there from me.

So do I, I am sure they then added a rule to rule it out happening again, but like yerself I am sure it was in England

I'd make changes wherever we can as the current starting 11 have been appalling in 2016 taking a pathetic 2 points from 5 games, 4 of those games being against our direct rivals.

Whether the guys coming in are any better I'm not convinced but something has to be done as the current starting 11 aren't capable of winning games. I'd start Fletcher, Ainsworth, Gomis, Laing or Kennedy. Who drops out? That's for the manager to decide.

The next 3 games will define our season. A win in the cup could set us up nicely for the must win games v Killie and Utd. Taking anything less than 4 points from those games will convince me we're heading for the play offs again.

I think we'll lose this game by the odd (and probably very late) goal.

Whether the guys coming in are any better I'm not convinced but something has to be done as the current starting 11 aren't capable of winning games. I'd start Fletcher, Ainsworth, Gomis, Laing or Kennedy. Who drops out? That's for the manager to decide.

I agree that some change is required but I don't know that Hall has let us down. Macdonald and Moult are receiving very poor service from the midfield and I'd exempt them from too much criticism. Its the full backs and especially midfield thats causing up problems. Sadly, we have virtually no decent options for changes at full back right now and may have to go with what we've got but midfield could be shaken up.

If we get McFadden back on the books, I'd be tempted to try playing him a little deeper and add some creativity to our mid.

Ah but what if he loses his man for a goal? Would McGhee be willing to publicly criticise Faddy like he did with Ainsworth?

As for the game, we better be right up for this, no excuses. Defend well, create chances and score. Play to our potential and we'll win.

The whole Tansey affair adds an interesting dimension to the game from an Inverness perspective.

We're not creating right now. I've never been in the teary eyed Faddy fan club, but we could do with someone in midfield who can find a pass.

Our options there are limited to Faddy, Thomas and Skippy.

None of them are actually midfielders, but aye, why not give them a go...

May as well stick Wes Fletcher in the middle of the park for his height too.