Scottish Cup - Fifth Round Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 6 Feb 15:00

prideoflanarkshire

Could have been a better draw but certainly could have been worse. A winnable home tie was what I was hoping for and we got that.

I'm presuming Inverness will prevail against Stirling and on current form I think we could take Inverness. However, they are looking to add to their squad this month and if they get Anthony Stokes in on loan they could prove an even tougher task.

If we can keep our form ticking over through Jan and Skippy, Moult and Pearo keep performing I'd fancy us to be in the hat for the quarters!

Nothing to fear from Vigurs, 4 goals in 11 games is not exactly prolific scoring. It will be a tough game but ICT are no better than us so if we play as we have done in recent weeks(i am ignoring the Hearts game ) we can beat them .

I take and agree with your second point about ICT in general but personally I wouldn't be so blase to dismiss a midfielder scoring 4 in 11 as "not exactly prolific". Particularly when he's popped one in from about 25 yards against us already and it's a record a few of the strikers currently on our books would be only too happy with.

• Like 1

From the Official Site:

Tickets for the match will go on sale Saturday, 23rd January 2016 at 10am with prices agreed at:
ADULTS: £15
CONCESSIONS: £10
JUVENILES: £5

Concessions are listed as Over 60s and Full Time Students with a valid matriculation card.
Juveniles are listed as Under 16s.

In addition, similar to the last round, both clubs have agreed a joint initiative whereby any fan that pre-purchases either an adult or concession ticket on or before 3rd February 2016 will qualify for an additional juvenile tickets free of charge.

For clarity, that is one free juvenile ticket per adult/concession ticket purchased on or before 3rd February 2016.

PATG will also be available.

Not interested in the cup again. It's marvellous if you're doing ok in the league but we aint. Time to blood some of our younger players ie Cadden Watt etc to see whose up for helping in our relegation battle. Feels awfull saying this again i can remember same thing last season. :alcoholic:

Utter nonsense on several levels.

For one thing it's a potential moneymaker for the club. OK a home tie with ICT isn't going to have the coffers overflowing but who knows who you might get, and who wants to show it, if you get past them. Not that I'd particularly fancy it but there's even the potential for live coverage of a replay for this round and MFC won't be dismissive of an unexpected £80k.

But even the finances aside a Cup run can keep your season alive and extend interest when there's little to play for in the League, which I hope will be the case for us. And even if not, a Cup run would be a great diversion from the tension and drudgery of a relegation battle.

Nah the Cup for me is right up there in terms of importance and excitement for me. Already looking forward to the tie with Inverness.

• Like 1

Not interested in the cup again. It's marvellous if you're doing ok in the league but we aint. Time to blood some of our younger players ie Cadden Watt etc to see whose up for helping in our relegation battle. Feels awfull saying this again i can remember same thing last season. :alcoholic:

Talking pish 2 seasons in a row at least you are consistent. The cup is great and a welcome distraction from the league bring it on.

• Like 1

You should have a wank or something.

We were struggling big time and in a worse position in January 91 before we went to Aberdeen. Imagine Tommy McLean, the players and fans had your attitude back then...

...Dick.

• Like 2