Dundee V Motherwell Sat 30 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Its bad play no bad refs that's causing us problems ,2 point from the last 4 games when it really should be 6 from 12 could come back tae haunt us.

Not according to people who were at the match and have seen the highlights on SSN,it would appear it was bad refereeing decision.

Whilst I appreciate we have not taken many points from the last 4 games........McGhee has admitted poor substitutions against Accies possibly cost us points,the debacle at Tynecastle imho was also McGhee's fault down to his tactics/team selection and last week we deserved at least a point... If not more.......and agree these points lost could come back to haunt us

all i will say is why do we insist on trying to sit back and defend in our own box when trying to see games out its feckin nonsense. Push out and get the play away from the danger area we done the same v accies and got the same result -2 points

Absolutely. Sitting back by accident or design today cost us dearly. The midfield was largely anonymous in the second half although Cadden made some eyecatching but unsupported and ultimately sterile runs out of defence. Midfield still looks very unbalanced. It seemed as though the wide pitch caused us problems and we didn't work hard enough to cope with it. Penalty decision was baffling although I haven't seen a replay yet.

Think some people are being a bit harsh on the team, for me Dundee weren't scoring in that 2nd half until the ref got involved. They had plenty of the ball but Ripley literally never had a save to make for over 40 mins and we were heading for 3 points until an utterly bizarre penalty decision from the referee.

First half was great entertainment, end to end and both teams missed numerous good chances. Skippy in particular fluffed a great chance and some boy for Dundee managed to hit the bar when it looked easier to score. Both Bain and Ripley were in fine form as well making numerous good saves.

Both goals were really well worked, great chest and volley from Cadden to start of what was to be another impressive display. Pearson was much improved from last week and scored another well worked goal after combining with Moult, left the Dundee defender for dead and tucked it into the far corner. Less said about our defending for their goal the better.

Second half we had to weather the storm slightly but to me we always looked fairly comfortable. Dunno what happened in the 1st half but the defence was much improved in the 2nd with McManus having a brilliant game leading the line at the back. One gripe was that we ballsed up a great chance for a third when Pearson chose to square to the offside Moult rather than to take the shot himself when he was through on goal.

Still, much improved performance from ourselves and we once again showed that with our strongest 11 out on the park we're a match for most teams in this league. Stopped the rot and avoided 3 defeats on the bounce and we can certainly take confidence from today's display. Still a decent point against a team in decent form on a poor pitch in difficult conditions.

Slight concern today though was the lack of quality options on the bench, could really do with a couple of solid additions to strengthen the squad. Had hoped we'd avoid another deadline day scramble this year but it looks like that's exactly what we're heading for.

A draw is better than nothing. I would probably have taken it at 3pm. We need to stop giving away penalties though. Two soft ones have cost us four points. Who knows what difference they might make at the end of the season.

As for new players coming in, I'd be happier with a few good rather than a good few (did you see what I did there?) as we don't need to go through the messy process of trying to integrate four or five new players into the team, like we tried last season. We are by no means a decent side, but two or three experienced professionals who know what they are about will get us the points we need to survive for another season and then we can rebuild properly in the summer.

The Thistle game now takes on more significance. A win there will bring a couple of other sides back into the relegation/play off equation and that must work to our advantage. Much as I would love a cup run, three points on Tuesday may be of more importance, in the long run, than anything we get next Saturday. Being a little greedy, I would hope we can get results in both games.

the biggest problem we have is that refs arnt accountable. One murmurer from a manager about a refs mistake or bad decision and its the manager that gets hauled up. SPFL are too afraid of the refs striking again to do anything about it. The refs have all the power, no referees, no football. There should be a disciplinary procedure put in against the refs for these kinds of dreadful game changing decisions.

Just watched the highlights on youtube. First half there were plenty of chances for both teams and you can clearly see the wind played a big part in Dundee's goal and their best chances so I don't think we can be too critical.

Moult looked offside to make it 3 1, he has to be timing his run better and I don't think you can blame Pearo for not shooting.

That penalty though, the attacker definitely bought it with his theatrics. Abysmal from the ref.

Crushing blow to drop two points to another penalty.

However irritating it is, it had parallels of Moults penalty against Killie at Fir Park- defensive clearance interrupted by an opponent sticking a foot in the way in mid -clearance.

Sadly that's the way it works these days . We just have to get cuter and learn to earn more penalties than we concede.

More irritating was Pearo not just rattling the ball in for a second rather than squaring it to Moult. Incidentally, looked like the defender put it in, in which case , why was Moult offside. Is this the new interpretation in action? Gives me a headache

Well impressed by Caddens finish btw, the lad seems to be taking to this first team lark

Edit- sorry Moult finished it. Bad decision from Pearo, moult should've watched his position

First half was entertaining in difficult conditions but despite kicking uphill Dundee had the bulk of the pressure. Still we scored 2 good goals with Cadden and Pearo taking them well. We counterattacked very well on a shocking surface but defensively we allowed the home side far too much room and space. The second half was virtually all Dundee as we sat back / were forced back but although Dundee had a lot of pressure they rarely troubled Ripley thanks to sterling work by McManus and Hall. The central midfield all but disappeared and there was a lot of desperate defending on the six yard box. Worryingly, Dundee managed to hit the by line all too frequently. Both full backs had a difficult afternoon on the wide pitch. I thought Cadden made some good runs up the right but he ran out of steam when no-one went with him. When you defend as deeply as we did you invite trouble and all it takes is a defensive mistake/deflection/freak effort/wonder goal or a refereeing blunder to lose a goal. Very much a jekyll and hyde performance from us - good on the attack but poor in defence. We also have to work far harder in closing opponents down.

The referee had a shocker from start to finish and gave us nothing. An early very bad tackle on Lasley set the scene when the perpetrator escaped a card. Most teams steal yards at free kicks and throw ins but Dundee took it to extremes - all allowed to go unchecked. One player was pulled up for it - yes one of ours! Again I counted two handballs (outside the box) similar to Keith Lasley's penalty against Hamilton but no action was taken. The penalty baffled me completely and looking at on TV it was a shocking decision. It cost us 2 points and yet the ref will escape censure. Mark McGhee was clearly livid and with good reason. We've been on the end of a constant stream of bad penalty decisions and it never seems to end.

Positives today were the performances of McManus, Hall and Cadden. We really need to sort out the midfield though as the mix is not right. Pearo is not effective in a deep defensive role and he and Cadden are similar in style. Surely a first pick mobile defensive central midfielder will be brought in over the next few days.

Two nice goals for us ruined by the softest penalty I've ever seen, but that ref will be getting paid to officiate another game next week and his colleagues will close ranks around him and defend that awful decision. Fans would have been pissed if that was given as a foul anywhere else on he pitch, never mind a penalty. If that's what you can get a penalty/foul for now, then the game's up.

Penalty infuriating especially as he didn't consult his linesman, itching to give it by the look of it.

Pearson was impressive but showed distinct lack of awareness when squared the ball for Moult.

Skippy should be hauled over coals for that miss. Just can't help but feel we should be putting games to bed much better.

Penalty decision looks worse in the highlights than it did at the time! And as others have said, ref couldn't wait to give it! 2 games this month now victories have been snatched away by shocking last minute penalty shouts against us. It's not good enough from the officials point of view and it could be really costly for us.

January has been a really bad month for us and Tuesday is now (not that is wasn't already) absolutely "must not lose". Next 3 league games are absolutely massive.

Accies may well be rotten but are now 2 points ahead of us! I have the fear it's between us and Killie for the play off spot.

Penalty decision looks worse in the highlights than it did at the time! And as others have said, ref couldn't wait to give it! 2 games this month now victories have been snatched away by shocking last minute penalty shouts against us. It's not good enough from the officials point of view and it could be really costly for us.

January has been a really bad month for us and Tuesday is now (not that is wasn't already) absolutely "must not lose". Next 3 league games are absolutely massive.

Accies may well be rotten but are now 2 points ahead of us! I have the fear it's between us and Killie for the play off spot.

I agree that we are in danger of it becoming between us and Killie, and they don't appear to be waiting too long to fill their managerial vacancy -

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35452867