Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 13 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I don't really why people are surprised at our predicament. We have virtually the same squad/team as last season and look where they got us. Ripley for Long, Kennedy for Laing and Moult for Erwin are the only real changes. McManus, Hammell, Pearson, Lasley and McDonald are all a year older. Summer recruits Grimshaw, Taylor, Clarkson and Robinson moved on already. Something is very wrong at our club and I fear we will not survive if we get into the play off which on todays performance is the best we can hope for.

Nothing unusual for players to be vocal in the dressing room, or even showing dissent. Only ever gets mentioned when a team is losing. Total non story.

Not exactly vocal ON the park.

No leadership

No threat up front

Bad decision making

Another opponent allowed to waltz through the middle unopposed and get a shot away

Echoes of last season

You're the Motherwell version of Gordon Sawers.

I dont know who that is but I don't think it's meant to be a compliment!

Were you at the game today? What do you make of our utter collapse and free fall since we beat St Johnstone on December 30th?

Great contribution to the discussion otherwise.....

I don't really why people are surprised at our predicament. We have virtually the same squad/team as last season and look where they got us. Ripley for Long, Kennedy for Laing and Moult for Erwin are the only real changes. McManus, Hammell, Pearson, Lasley and McDonald are all a year older. Summer recruits Grimshaw, Taylor, Clarkson and Robinson moved on already. Something is very wrong at our club and I fear we will not survive if we get into the play off which on todays performance is the best we can hope for.

Good point. We essentially are heading for 11th spot with the same players that got us 11th last year. It really shouldn't come as a surprise. We shouldn't have re-signed the players that were out of contract, but after the euphoria of the play off victories our judgement became clouded.

And I include myself in that.

• Like 1

The transfer policy since Les Hutchinson took over has been abysmal. I think Baraclough brought in 18 players.

Utterly depressing afternoon, simply not good enough. Thank you for "explaining to the supporters" your thoughts Mark, in the post match interview... ya big condescending plank.

There's something wrong at our club and I cant pin the blame entirely on Mcghee. Needless to say we are in serious bother and I for one am fed up of spending money I don't have to watch non caring, no fight individuals pick up a good wage.

very close to hanging up the scarf for the season.

Where do we go from here ..........is it down to the lake I fear ?

That was absolutely shocking today......we looked clueless ......why ???

Mr McGhee

Ainsworth and Johnson are luxuries that can not play in the same team at the same time.......especially when you are trying to avoid slipping into the play off position

Why Mould never started to me was McGee saying GIRUY I pick the team

Some of our senior players had nightmares and unfortunately Father Time absence was glaringly oblivious as we were over ran in midfield

Why Faddy has signed till the end of the season is a mystery to me

Haven't read all the comments, but i take it the players are getting off with it, and it's all McGhee's fault?

These "professional" players are underperforming yet again, some of whom are on at least their 3rd manager. And yet some are moaning about tactics? Do me a favour.

There's some things you just can't coach. Desire, fight, will to win, pride in your performance. Some of these "senior" players and letting the club down, again, and are happy to stand back and the let the manager take the hit, again.

Still, good to see Louis Moult change the game when he came on. Imagine dropping him in the first place, eh?

• Like 1

if it wasn't for Ripley we would have been 3 or 4 goals down at halftime, I have supported Well for 50 odd years but today's performance was the one worst performances I have seen, absolutely gutless, as for Gomez, now I know why Hearts lent him out, as he creating more problems with his miss timing passes. The other grievance I have why is McFadden resigned again, to just sit on the bench, I can see why we are possibly going into administration if we are wasting club finances on players that will never start in the first eleven. A VERY pissed off Wel fan

I understand the effort McDonald puts in but I don't think he is effective, certainly not on his own up front. Both Cadden and Thomas made progress down the right and played the ball into McDonald who immediately played it back to the halfway line, it retains possession but loses all impetus. We know he can't pass, he kept himself onside mostly this week, he had no shots on goal. Maybe trying a formation without him may give us something different. Maybe I am clutching at straws.

• Like 1

Go on, someone break it down for me. Whose fault is it this time..? I can't bear to listen to the guy...

Hopefully he tells the truth and pins on the players. Who've bombed. Again!

Let's not bother about that eh, let's all jump on the bandwagon to hate McGhee. That's working out well.