Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 13 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

The atmosphere yesterday was flat as a pancake right from kick off. It seems that the apathy of the players on the pitch is starting to be replicated in the stands as well. It's maybe a good thing that the next couple of matches are away from home, as the atmosphere at Fir Park really can't be helping the players these days.

I've explained my thoughts further up mate. The Bois have got to take take the rough with the smooth and back the team/generate an atmosphere they rave about when we need it, not just when they feel like it!

How much rough do people 'have' to take before they are utterly scunnered?

It's a poor show when 3000 fans are sat on their arse waiting on someone else creating an atmosphere.

• Like 1

Don't think I once used the phrase that I was waiting for his "talent to appear" so not sure why you've picked that out. However, he seems to be an easy target for several in the Cooper stand at the moment. Sure, he can be frustrating - someone point out a winger of that ilk that isn't? - but I can't agree with your assessment that he's out his depth. As Welldaft says, he beat his man (sometimes men) several times yesterday and put the ball into dangerous places, something he does in most games. But because he doesn't make the right choice every time, or always get past his man, some seem to have written him off completely.

There's definitely room for improvement in his game (a lot, in some areas - e.g. his decision making and final ball, and he needs to score more), but I'd certainly rather have him in the team right now than not.

We will just need to agree to differ Id be pleased if he got the right choice 40% of the time. Anywhere inside the 18 yard box is in a dangerous area just because you;ve put the ball in there doesnt mean the ball is any use. Ill be happy to be proved wrong but am pretty confident hes cack. I thought McHugh was cack, Leitch was cack, Carswell was cack and plenty more besides that others were always asking us to give more time too and unsurprisingly they stayed cack. Ive seen hundreds of players like Jonhston, folk see a wee bit of pace and they are hooked. However Ill be delighted to hold my hands up at seasons end if my views on him have been harsh.

Edited by FirParkCornerExile

I was referring to us missing Grimshaw more than Lasley yesterday, and the past 6 weeks, no harm to Cadden but his reactions are still a fraction off the mark.

The problem in the 1st half yesterday was Ainsworth and Cadden both trying to play the same position and us ending up a man short because of it, the one break we had Cadden chose the wrong option in playing in Skippy and not Ainsworth.