Top Six The Facts

Ianc

Interesting, I'd imagine we budgeted for 10th and worst we can achieve is 6th, so £250k better off with another £200k to play for over the next few weeks.

Potentially, not far off half a million better than we would have anticipated (before costs).

Interesting to see how many German gems can be unearthed this summer with some of that extra wonga.

• Like 2

iirc We lost out on cash because the distribution was changed. The took a chunk from 2nd and split it out down the league.

There may have been some tinkering recently but we didn't lose out the season we finished second. A substantial redistribution was proposed but Aberdeen fought tooth and nail to veto it which they successfully did (we agreed to the change). Things then went badly wrong and Aberdeen finished in 3rd place after we stole their runners up spot at the death. :biggrin:

The draft fixtures will now have been sent to the TV companies and Police for them to write in red all over them. It could take them a day or two to come back to the SPFL.

Pretty sure we did lose out on prize money when we finished 2nd. Didn't alter the bonus structure so it was a double whammy.

This was in the directors statement:There was an agreement to alter the distribution of the SPL's commercial pot that included a substantial reduction in the prize money allocated to the runner up position but the club's bonus deal with the football staff is not mirror that change.

Aye, we voted to reduce the size of second place pay out. Which hurt us that year, but should benefit us most seasons.

I thought that was a one year only deal and it reverted to the usual lop-sided distribution after that. All very much in Aberdeen's favour.

I thought that was a one year only deal and it reverted to the usual lop-sided distribution after that. All very much in Aberdeen's favour.

Pretty sure it wasnt just a one year deal thing.

But Aberdeen did vote against the change to 11/1 voting.

It was 100% a one year adjustment of the league payments for league position

everyone seems to be overlooking the complete restructure of Scottish football that followed with the dissolution of the SPL and Scottish League, leading to the formation of the Scottish Professional football League

Gladly no one is forgetting that Aberdeen are right at the pinnacle of all that is wrong with Scottish Football, hanging onto the coattails of the Glasgow mobs

the voting structure is now much more complex - with 12 Ordinary A shares and 30 Ordinary B shareholders.

For major restructuring , the collaborators :spit: still retained 11-1 for significant votes, but those working for change managed to get some rules sections changed to 9-3 and the Ordinary B sections are at 75%

It was 100% a one year adjustment of the league payments for league position

everyone seems to be overlooking the complete restruture of Scottish football that followed with the dissolution of the SPL and Scottish League leading to the formation of the Scottish Professional football League

Gladly no one is forgetting Aberdeen are right at the pinnacle fo all that is wrong with Scottish Football, haging onto the coattails of the Glasgow mobs

the voting structure is now much more complex - with 12 Ordinary A shares and 30 Ordinary B shareholders for major restructuring , the collaborators :spit: still retained 11-1 for significant votes, but those working for change managed to get some rules sections changed to 9-3 and the Ordinary B sections are at 75%

Very good point!

Forgetting the whole setup changed.

Personally quite pleased with them.

Our homes games are Saturday at 3pm, we dont play St J or Ross County on the last day and the fact we play Celtic and are on the telly means I might get the chance to see it when I am in the USA on holiday (poor planning on my part, yes)

If I was being picky I would have preferred Aberdeen and St J to be switched so I could make both games but then the SPFL did not speak to me before releasing the fixtures. Poor.

• Like 1