2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

As mentioned from others before, not sure of the legitimacy of this website but...apparently Marvin has handed a transfer in citing family/personal reasons. Pearson.....Law.....nearly McDonald....quite the trend we might need to nip in the bud.

May not be true, maybe it is.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/29/motherwell-winger-marvin-johnson-hands-in-transfer-request/?

As a selling club, it's trend we need to encourage and embrace. If we're not selling on a decent a player every year, then we're not following our financial plan.

The Sun running with the story now, http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/motherwell/7229917/Motherwell-star-Marvin-Johnson-hands-in-transfer-request.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160829-_-Sport-_-556280193

Seen a tweet from someone to say it was to force a move to Celtic through..

Dec.@DecRob94 19m

Marvin Johnson hands in transfer request to push move to Celtic through #ITK

0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
More

Hopefully that's just a wind up.......

Just seen this one form an Oxford United fan

George Fryer@georgefryer 3m

We're signing Marvin Johnson. #ITK #OUFC

If he goes to Celtic I'll will buy a hat and eat it.

My position hasn't really changed. If we get a good fee in then he should be offski. But we shouldn't be letting him go for peanuts or just because he wants to. Plenty of players have handed in transfer requests and been told to knuckle down until the club decides.

In other news, our ex right back is in the clear: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14710693.Former_Celtic_footballer_cleared_of_attacking_ex_girlfriend_at_his_flat_before_Christmas/?ref=mr&lp=2

All I see from that story is he played for Celtic and Dunfermline........ at least our club isn't tarnished with his name.... :)

• Like 1

Just about to post the same.

Interesting...could be in for a rocky ride with the fans if a deal does not go through in the next 48 hours.

By handing in the TR he's devalued himself as an asset for the club, as any bidders now know he wants to leave.

I'm hoping the club have the resolve to hold out for a decent sum/valuation of him, particularly considering how much players of his type have been going for of late.

By handing in the TR he's devalued himself as an asset for the club, as any bidders now know he wants to leave.

I'm hoping the club have the resolve to hold out for a decent sum/valuation of him, particularly considering how much players of his type have been going for of late.

Or there is an offer on the table and this just makes it a bit easier for the club to accept as its not the £1m we all hope for. Let's us accept move him on and bring in and ex player in his position

I note that Flow hasn't actually said the request has been accepted. In truth the club have actively been talking him up all summer and trying to sell him so it's hardly as if he's been "not for sale", it's been the complete opposite he's totally for sale. The whole "hands in a transfer request" thing is really just window dressing on the situation. Semantics really.

I can't really see the player/his representative going down that route unless he knows there are clubs interested. I'm curious to see who's in for him tbh. Forest looking to shift some of the cash they got for Burke maybe?

Chris Burke is a possibility as training at Killie as no club and before the comments come in I know he hasn't played with us just trying to be serious for once

Burke? Serious? Deary me...

Motherwell boss Mark McGhee has promised well fans he will spend any cash from the sale of marvin johnson wisely. Steven hammell, James McFadden, Scott McDonald , Keith Lasley and Stephen McManus have already been offered contract extensions till 2025. Bookmark it

• Like 2

He probably was told 18 months in Scotland tops when he signed, we're a few days away from that deadline so his agent wants a payday and he wants to play/test himself at what he thinks is a higher level.

Not sure if the club are involved in this or are dealing with it reactively. If we get a massive fee then I'm sure it will be described as part of a master plan. If not, "we were undermined".

If he doesn't move, it's down to McGhee to ensure his attitude and performances don't drop until the next window. To be fair, any future moves also depend on his form from now till Christmas.