2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Doesnt look great if our head of youth can't keep his own son at the club but fair play to Robbie if he's got a move to England, he looks a cracking prospect.

Still all rumours at the moment but are we starting to see a growing trend of our youth prospects getting picked up by English clubs before they've even made an impression in our first team.

Doesnt look great if our head of youth can't keep his own son at the club but fair play to Robbie if he's got a move to England, he looks a cracking prospect.

Still all rumours at the moment but are we starting to see a growing trend of our youth prospects getting picked up by English clubs before they've even made an impression in our first team.

I have to agree. If there is a youth player at our club deemed good enough to join a English premier league team on a 3yr deal, I think we need to ask questions as to why he's not been involved around the first team squad and benched in the youth cup final?

See if I have this right ?

Almost one full month since end of season and the only confirmed news is McManus on a 2 year deal. Happy about that.

But we have rumours of Ainsworth to Plymouth. Hall to Brighton and now Robbie Leitch to Burnley.

Flow to COO at the grand old age of 33....

Exciting times to be a Motherwell fan.......YAWN.....

PS - Happy for Flow. Like the guy, but not sure the Commercial side of the club has been addressed at all. In terms of sponsorship and hospitality income. If he can help turn that around I will be convinced he has what it takes...

You know that scene in Forrest Gump?

Pretty much sums this up ;)

Lt. Dan: They gave you the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Forrest: Now that's Lieutenant Dan. Lieutenant Dan!

Lt. Dan: They gave you the Congressional Medal of Honor!

Forrest: Yes sir, they sure did.

Lt. Dan: They gave you an imbecile, a moron who goes on television and makes a fool out himself in front of the whole damn country, the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Forrest: Yes, sir.

Lt. Dan: Well, then, that's just perfect! Yeah, well I just got one thing to say to that. Goddamn bless America.

• Like 5

I have to agree. If there is a youth player at our club deemed good enough to join a English premier league team on a 3yr deal, I think we need to ask questions as to why he's not been involved around the first team squad and benched in the youth cup final?

If he goes he'll be joining an English premier league team's youth set up. Same as we signed various other people like Ben Hall from others and they go into our youths. Premier League youth team players come up here on loan all the time and a lot of them aren't good enough.

Anyone remember the huge impact Riccardo Calder, Kyle Knoyle, Danny Bachmann and Luke Conlan made last season? Even the much vaunted Islam Feruz flopped at Hibs last term. And funnily enough we shot up the league when Grimshaw left to sign for Preston (never kicking a ball) and Cadden came in.

If it is Leitch then fair play.

Watched a fair bit of the U20s and like the look of him. But he wasn't ready for first team last year. That's why he wasn't around it or on the bench.

I cannae wait until we actually sign someone. That will be gid.

It's annoying to lose good young prospects but i suppose it's a no brainer for him.

If he's not getting a sniff of the first team and the youth manager doesnt rate him then moving to a bigger club with better facilities, better players, better opportunity to learn more and the added bonus of being paid the same as one of our higher earners then fair play and good luck to him.

Important player for us but we'd bite their hand off for that. He played there before so he would at least be known to clubs there.

If all these rumoured transfers go through we could be bringing in a decent sum without anyone going near Moult or Johnson (but I don't see it).

I wouldn't want to be losing Pearson and Lasley in the same season.

If all these players leave that are reportedly doing so that will be Law, Ainsworth, Johnson, Pearson, Hall, Hammell and Lasley. Think McGhee might need more than 4 players in....

Really?? The same Robbie Leitch that Craigan says isn't good enough? Makes sense!!

Good luck to the lad, annoying to lose them that young tho, hope we get a few bob.

I've heard there will be no fee as Motherwell didn't offer him a new contract before the required date - also heard fee would have been £240 000.

I've heard there will be no fee as Motherwell didn't offer him a new contract before the required date - also heard fee would have been £240 000.

F4 If a Club wishes to re-engage a Professional Player and/or preserve any right that it may wish to assert to Compensation, such Club must have sent to the Player, to his last known home address or delivered to him personally, and copied to the Secretary, not later than fourteen days prior to the expiry of the term of the Players Contract of Service, a written offer of re-engagement in accordance with Rule F5. http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Club announced squad update of those who had been released and those who they were discussing new deals with (of whom Robbie Leitch is one) on 16th of May. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/05/16/squad-update-may-2016/

Edit: Of course it'd be a different story if it was Jack Leitch we were talking about seeing as he wasn't offered a new deal.

Robbie is defo going to burnley. He was defo offered a new contract but burnleys was 3x more a week

Pretty depressing for Scottish football. Good luck to the boy but you can't expect Motherwell to pay over the odds for a player who is at least a season away from 1st team action.