2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Where you seeing this news? He signed a 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd year in 2014 and was a regular last season for Fulham and one of their few positives in an other wise dismal decision. Be very surprised if Fulham are letting him go, rather than him deciding to move on to bigger and better things.

He had a bit of a nightmare truth be told and was subbed at half time on a few occasions. Looked out of his depth. Shame was expecting him to go far.

He only played 11 times last season, hardly what I'd term as a regular.

He had a bit of a nightmare truth be told and was subbed at half time on a few occasions. Looked out of his depth. Shame was expecting him to go far.

Stand corrected. I saw 2 Fulham games last year and he played in both and looked solid in an otherwise lacklustre team. Shame for him, but imagine he will find another club easily enough.

Aye well, mild breakdown, huh? -

Young guy rocks up to his first day at your work -

"I was on the books at Motherwell."

"Really, I'm a big fan - in fact, I remember you - what happened?"

"Well, McGhee said he'd come in and train us with a view to advancing us to the first team - I didnae bother - I was entitled to my holidays, you see."

You'd be appalled -

However, on this forum you've all appointed yourselves union officials.

"Aye, yer right, son - I'd have done the same thing in yer shoes. Cannae be having experienced football managers trying their best to give you a career in football. Tea break is at 10.00, and ye can do a half shift on Saturday tae make up yer wages."

It's their job. If McGhee wanted to come in and train them, they'd be told to come in and they'd be there. Do you honestly think the manager would offer that as an option?

We could all make up scenarios and say if they were offered this or that and they didn't do it, it would be a bad thing. But the fact is that McGhee hasn't offered this, so no one is failing to take the opportunity. All you are doing is offering up a hypothetical scenario that doesn't exist, so what's the point???

"Well, McGhee said he'd come in and train us with a view to advancing us to the first team - I didnae bother - I was entitled to my holidays, you see."

You'd be appalled -

"Aye, yer right, son - I'd have done the same thing in yer shoes. Cannae be having experienced football managers trying their best to give you a career in football. Tea break is at 10.00, and ye can do a half shift on Saturday tae make up yer wages."

Yowza

Wonder what it's gonna be like when we actually sign a player....

There Will be a 50/50 splits on him being the next ( insert Galactico of your choice) dependant on his position or " Never a footballer. He looks like he's never seen a ball, irrespective of any information to the contrary. For this is the Motherwell way.

You'd be appalled -

I've gotta give it to you man, I haven't enjoyed reading an individual persons posts so much as these little beauties you have been shimmering us with.

This however has to be my personal favourite. You tickled me so much, I even spat my irn bru out. I keep having involuntary giggles to myself when I think of your "however on this forum you've all appointed yourselves union officials" ... and it's starting to piss the wife off LOL

You my friend are solid gold....keep up the good work!!!

• Like 1

You'd be appalled -

Who the fuck is this zoomer? You must be some laugh on a night out, eh?

McGhee said he was hopeful that out of contract veterans Keith Lasley and Stevie Hammell would follow the leads of Samson, David Ferguson, Craig Moore and Stephen McManus by signing new deals with Motherwell.

Read more: http://m.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/local-sport/mcghee-samson-to-be-number-one-next-season-1-4149564#ixzz4B2nHKr63

Strange that he doesn't mention any of the youngsters who we have offered extensions to so I suspect that they've said no and are moving on.

Does anyone actually put any stock in anything McGhee ever says in interviews?

He's not got a great track record of telling the truth.

aye that's very true,hopefully he's talking pish about saying samson is gonna be our number one next season

• Like 1

McGhee said he was hopeful that out of contract veterans Keith Lasley and Stevie Hammell would follow the leads of Samson, David Ferguson, Craig Moore and Stephen McManus by signing new deals with Motherwell.

Read more: http://m.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/local-sport/mcghee-samson-to-be-number-one-next-season-1-4149564#ixzz4B2nHKr63

Strange that he doesn't mention any of the youngsters who we have offered extensions to so I suspect that they've said no and are moving on.

Ross MacLean is going to stay apparently...