2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Speaking to a Albion rovers fan on holiday who does inside work for them and updates their website, saying Ross Maclean is going on loan to them

Could be a good move for him.

I think he is great player who has a great chance of stepping up. Playing in a competitive league while bulking up a bit (like Cadden) could be the making of him.

The stuff being written in the Plymouth Press is crazy. You'd have thought that we'd kidnapped Carl McHugh against his will or that the player was a master conman.

Don't like it when Jocks get one up on them.

Encouraging though that they are so upset about losing him.

Good bit of business to get Josh Law off the books if we managed it without paying out for any of the remaining year of his contract.

Good luck to him also. An honest toiler who seemed to always give his all, but was probably not of a standard to take us forward.

Josh Law goes with my best wishes. As much as he wasn't the most dynamic or talented of footballers, you couldn't fault his effort - I don't think we could necessarily ask for much more than that.

I agree with that. Someone else said that during the darkest days of the Baraclough reign he never hid, and that's what I'll remember him for. All the best.

• Like 1

From the little we know I don't think Josh Law has actually left yet. The report is a bit vague but I interpret it as being he will be allowed to leave if he can find another club. Whether or not he'll be asked to pay up the remainder of his contract isn't clear, though I would doubt it.

Law goes with my best wishes. He was one of very few players to emerge from the 2014/15 season with any credit for me, not because he set the world alight with his talent, more because he showed great attitude and endeavour when others downed tools. I think he was a competent right back for us over the two seasons he was here. He made a few mistakes, but for me not on a different level from any other defenders. The criticism he has got at times on here and at games has been considerably over the top and he has been made an unfair scapegoat, but we all know the East Stand needs/loves a scapegoat. Also contributed well with six assists last season as well.

I don't think replacing him will be that tall an order, but he did do a good job for us when he was here.

• Like 6

From the little we know I don't think Josh Law has actually left yet. The report is a bit vague but I interpret it as being he will be allowed to leave if he can find another club. Whether or not he'll be asked to pay up the remainder of his contract isn't clear, though I would doubt it.

The Scotsman are running the story in their 'rumour mill' as well though again it simply says he's been allowed to leave (for 'family reasons') not that he has actually left which is a fairly key distinction.

Either way McGhee's stated that Tait's a replacement for Law and the fact that he's tried Laing, Kennedy, Cadden, Watt and McMillan at right back at various points recently is enough to suggest that it's an area that he was looking to address regardless.

If it is indeed the case that he's leaving then best wishes and all that.

Edit: Just noticed this bit tagged on to the end of the Herald's piece about Robinson: "Meanwhile, Josh Law also looks to be on his way out of the club after manager Mark McGhee let slip in a post-match interview that new signing Richard Tait had been brought in to replace him at right back.

Law brother of former Motherwell and Rangers midfielder Nicky, has made 63 appearances for the Fir Park side in a two-year spell at the club.

HeraldSport understands that Motherwell have reluctantly given him permission to look for a new club due to personal issues."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14602582.Motherwell_assistant_Robinson_to_step_out_on_his_own_at_Oldham/?ref=twtrec