Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Sad to see animosity towards our young players.

I've heard he's a bit of a pain in the arse on twitter but if he is why follow him? People were slagging Blyth's picture from his gran's funeral which was obviously but who the fuck is sad to enough to friend a guy who hasn't kicked a ball for us?

Higginbotham also scored.

Saw last week that Brett Long made his pro debut (I believe) at Clyde. Some amount of former goalkeepers, especially U20s keepers, who are playing at senior level for other clubs now.

Ross Stewart, Max Currie, Brett Long, Jamie Ewings, Alan Martin.

I went to the Dunfermline v St Mirren game, Higginbotham played well and had a few diagonal passes that opened St Mirren up completely.

St Mirren were very poor Sutton actually looks slower and got no support. If Clarkson can't get into that team he must have gone badly downhill.

Saw last week that Brett Long made his pro debut (I believe) at Clyde. Some amount of former goalkeepers, especially U20s keepers, who are playing at senior level for other clubs now.

Ross Stewart, Max Currie, Brett Long, Jamie Ewings, Alan Martin.

Long, Currie and Stewart have all done well for themselves considering their limited experience with us and their age.

Would all 5 be under Gordon Marshalls training?

We got the best side of that deal when we sold him on.

Though he got a bit of a raw deal at Dundee Utd. Scored 3 goals in 6 starts for them but never got a run in the team.

Anyone with the pace he has will be a danger in this league. I think that's a potentially decent signing for Inverness.

I was the exact opposite. He scored a few goals in a good side but I never thought he was a player. Not at all saying I think he was bad at all, just that he never really caught my attention as being a talent. I thought he was your typical "come in, do a job for a bit, move on" kinda guy...was delighted when we actually got (relatively) decent money for him.

I was the exact opposite. He scored a few goals in a good side but I never thought he was a player. Not at all saying I think he was bad at all, just that he never really caught my attention as being a talent. I thought he was your typical "come in, do a job for a bit, move on" kinda guy...was delighted when we actually got (relatively) decent money for him.

Aye, I felt exactly the same. One of the few times I would actually praise us for how astute we were. He scored 7 of his 9 goals when he was on loan, once we brought him in he only added another two - within four days - in April.

So after we signed him, excluding that week he went from January to May without registering for us. For me, he wasn't the type of striker that had non-goalscoring attributes (like his pal Ojamaa) that were worth having him in the team for.

So, to get a guy on loan, where he has a purple patch, manage to sign him permanently for free whilst he's still under contract and get him to agree to a paycut, then sell him in the summer when the goals have dried up? Brilliant business.

Pretty much my view too Al. A modern day Stewart Rafferty if you like. Always busy, full of energy and running but didn't actually do very much when all was said and done.