Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Big Softie Philliben the last inductee into this year's Hall of fame. Delighted for him and my Dad would have been delighted as he was a big Philliben fan.

Felt so sorry for him missing out on 91 cup final squad but a legend scoring equaliser in 94 cup tie at Tannadice and classic post match comment....."gives us another crack of the Cherry" 🤣🤣

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Big Softie Philliben the last inductee into this year's Hall of fame. Delighted for him and my Dad would have been delighted as he was a big Philliben fan.

Felt so sorry for him missing out on 91 cup final squad but a legend scoring equaliser in 94 cup tie at Tannadice and classic post match comment....."gives us another crack of the Cherry" 🤣🤣

Well deserved. Missing the Cup Final must've been a hard one to take, but he stuck around, unlike a few others. He was also part of the best Motherwell team I've watched.   

And if VAR had been around to check our goals, the game would've finished 10 minutes ago.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Well deserved. Missing the Cup Final must've been a hard one to take, but he stuck around, unlike a few others. He was also part of the best Motherwell team I've watched.   

And if VAR had been around to check our goals, the game would've finished 10 minutes ago.

Yup pal, that team.one of the best I ever saw .  Big Buff and Cobra Coyne unbelievable but I was a massive Rab McKinnon fan

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Well deserved he was a great servant for the club was big Softie. 👍

• Like 4

Don't think so but he's a product of our academy and he seems to be making a decent career for himself in England. Certainly doing far better than anyone else that was released early.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

They are welcome to him.  Just my opinion but one of the poorest left backs I have seen at Fir Park 

When we finished 3rd in 19/20 he was part of a back 4 that were keeping loads of clean sheets and he chipped in with a few goals and assists. 

He's miles off being one of our worst left backs. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, steelboy said:

When we finished 3rd in 19/20 he was part of a back 4 that were keeping loads of clean sheets and he chipped in with a few goals and assists. 

He's miles off being one of our worst left backs. 

Fair do's pal. We all have different views on managers and players.  He just didn't cut it for me, defensively I thought he was terrible but yup could put in a peach of a cross at times

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

They do love an ex-Motherwell player.

Jake Carroll training with St Mirren

They really do - wonder if we could offload some of this years signings to them. 

First reaction was similar to @grizzlyg they're welcome to him. He wasn't great for us and suspect our current perm left back is far superior , wait...what..... ?

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Fair do's pal. We all have different views on managers and players.  He just didn't cut it for me, defensively I thought he was terrible but yup could put in a peach of a cross at times

Considering the circus we are watching the now a defence of Tait, Carroll, Hartley and Gallagher would be extremely welcome. 

15 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Considering the circus we are watching the now a defence of Tait, Carroll, Hartley and Gallagher would be extremely welcome. 

I was a big Tait fan and Hartley in his early days. Gallagher also before his head got full of nonsense.   Defensively we are not bad just now, it's up front that causes me more concern 

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I was a big Tait fan and Hartley in his early days. Gallagher also before his head got full of nonsense.   Defensively we are not bad just now, it's up front that causes me more concern 

Scored 3 against Ross County, 2 against St Johnstone, 2 against Aberdeen and 1 against Hearts. The goals we conceded in all of those games (and the one conceded against Killie) were nearly all down to comedy defending.

16 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

having a poor midfield doesn't help either our defence or attack. I'm less worried about defenders albeit concerned how we defend as a team. We need better protection from front to back.

17 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I’m afraid Gallagher’s head was always full of nonsense with a big scoop of sawdust in there as well. If you want his sponsored players shirt from his last season ,sorry last half season , with us they still have it under the counter or in a cupboard at Fir Park , you can have it. Could not bring myself to collect it.

18 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Gallagher looked excellent for us in his first season, the one that was curtailed by the pandemic. However his head was turned by being capped by Scotland and that along with the pressure of getting the captains armband and no doubt his agent in his ear meant that he was never the same for us in 20/21.

That said I’d take a half arsed Declan Gallagher over Bombscare Bevis in our defence any day of the week.

• Confused 1