Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Our financial circumstances were very different last time she was at the club and I recall a few who were supposedly ITK not being too complimentary about some areas of her performance.

That all said, she presided over some pretty successful times and was integral in the transformation to fan ownership. She clearly loves football and has an affinity with the club.

We could do a lot worse and the fact we really need to fill the vacancy sooner rather than later makes the prospect interesting at least.

Wasn’t a huge fan of hers but I’d take her back right now. If nothing else it would be an experienced head running the club.

I’d be surprised if she came back though. Obviously the big stumbling block would be her salary which I doubt we could afford now, plus Tam Cowan on Off the Ball earlier said that he spoke to her during the week and one of the big reasons for her stepping down at Queens Park is because she was “knackered” with the workload and hours so I can’t see her jumping straight into a job straight away.

9 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

To put us in the poor house again?

Absolutely this.

LD is a perfect example of someone being promoted and positioned miles above what their talent merits. Like others at the club, she fell into a position of power and did very little, if anything, positive with it. In fact, she fostered a toxic environment (to the extent that a club legend will never set foot back in the place) and took the club to the brink. 

She became a bit of a media darling due, primarily, to the massive under-representation of females in football leadership. She was a novelty.

Her terrible stewardship has never been questioned either here or elsewhere, but her tenures tend to be fairly short lived. Fair play to her for making a shitload of cash from an industry renowned for rewarding failure.

A return to Fir Park? No. Fucking. Thanks.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MJC said:

Wasn’t a huge fan of hers but I’d take her back right now. If nothing else it would be an experienced head running the club.

I’d be surprised if she came back though. Obviously the big stumbling block would be her salary which I doubt we could afford now, plus Tam Cowan on Off the Ball earlier said that he spoke to her during the week and one of the big reasons for her stepping down at Queens Park is because she was “knackered” with the workload and hours so I can’t see her jumping straight into a job straight away.

I wouldn’t mind Leanne Dempster back , she did have her faults but do believe 💯 she did have the well’s best intentions 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Dempster left in 2014 and Craigan was involved in the youth set up for another four years after that?

I'd welcome her, although would be wondering why she has decided to switch to ourselves. As for the Craigan rumour, I think it was because he was involved with the physio whilst he was with us? Don't base that on anything except rumour and a poor memory though. 

46 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

I think it was because he was involved with the physio whilst he was with us? Don't base that on anything except rumour and a poor memory though. 

John Porteus? He ended up at Hibs at about the same time as Dempster - the plot thickens.

• Haha 5

I'll take a punt on Dougie Arnott, since he worked in the bar when Dempster was there, seemed to jack it pretty sharpish and I don't remember seeing him doing anything at Fir Park for a while. And now somebody'll point out they were sitting next to him at the Livi game.

23 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

The big man takes an absolute smash to the face and bounces straight back up as if he didn’t feel a thing, fucking class.

Collum and his moron colleagues would probably have sent Spencer off for that 'foul'. 

29 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Remember Liam Shaw? Played 8 games for us on loan from Celtic. 

Currently playing for Wigan against Man Utd in the FA Cup. 

I am not old enough to remember baldy Shaw but every Shaw I've seen in a well shirt has been honking.