Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

7 hours ago, David said:

True, he was likely under the impression that he was coming to Fir Park to play total football, with a wee bit of tika taka on the side, right? 

Sold a bill of goods for sure.

Even compared to bad teams we were playing awful football. He barely got a pass to feet over about half a dozen games. 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Even compared to bad teams we were playing awful football. He barely got a pass to feet over about half a dozen games. 

Nah, he knew exactly where he was coming to. 

He didn't leave us because he arrived at Fir Park to be dismayed at how we were playing. He left because he got a chance to test himself and get some more experience at a higher level.

1 hour ago, David said:

He didn't leave us because he arrived at Fir Park to be dismayed at how we were playing. He left because he got a chance to test himself and get some more experience at a higher level.

Well that and because Arsenal told him to go there.

I really liked the guy and would loved it if he'd stayed. He played like an old school centre forward though, so not sure he needs total football to be more productive.

9 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Ross County looking for a new manager now

Must admit if I had to choose between Neil Warnock’s positive attitude to our game and his banter and contrast it to Derek Adams recently I know which one I would pick 

David Martingale said he was gutted that Adams had been sacked - I really like his honesty. 

Adams staying in charge was a great opportunity for the rest of the bottom 6. 

Another classic example of a misleading clickbait headline in the Herald today.

Turnbull in 'other things' Celtic transfer exit suggestion

actual quote from DT in the article:

At the start of the season I was playing games and after that fell away a wee bit. Sometimes in football that happens. Whether it is down to other things I am not sure

22 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I watched a bit of Raith vs Dundee Utd last night. Really hope we avoid the playoff spot as both looked quick and decent. Moult got a goal and Watt missed a sitter inside the first couple of minutes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68144329

Not a hope in hell we beat either of them over two legs. That’s why we simply must avoid the playoffs as that would effectively mean straight relegation with the added agony of two games to draw it out.

13 minutes ago, MJC said:

Not a hope in hell we beat either of them over two legs. That’s why we simply must avoid the playoffs as that would effectively mean straight relegation with the added agony of two games to draw it out.

Don't think your right there. We're scoring 3 against Aberdeen. Beat county 5 . 0 so much pessimism here.

9 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Don't think your right there. We're scoring 3 against Aberdeen. Beat county 5 . 0 so much pessimism here.

And we also threw away a 3-0 lead at Pittodrie, conceded two at Morton and can’t defend to save ourselves. If we end up in a playoff against Raith Rovers or Dundee United with them having upward momentum then we will lose over two legs, nothing surer.

19 minutes ago, MJC said:

And we also threw away a 3-0 lead at Pittodrie, conceded two at Morton and can’t defend to save ourselves. If we end up in a playoff against Raith Rovers or Dundee United with them having upward momentum then we will lose over two legs, nothing surer.

Upward momentum.

You won't need to worry about a play-off.