Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

As others have said, it's possible that McDonald and Robinson don't see eye to eye. If there's any definite evidence of this I don't know, but that seems to be the chat.

Either way, he announced he wouldn't be taking up the option of his 1 year option as soon as we were safe last year and I'd say there's no chance of him signing again.

I would've loved him to still be a Motherwell player but here we are.

As others have said, it's possible that McDonald and Robinson don't see eye to eye. If there's any definite evidence of this I don't know, but that seems to be the chat.

McDonald said on radio Scotland a few weeks ago in a pretty candid interview that he clashed with Robinson and couldn't work with him as a player again.

Been McDonald is a funny one. We have proven to be such a good fit for him, and vice versa, and yet he seems to have been almost constantly on the look out to move for something "bigger". While I admire ambition you have to wonder if the desired move exists? At his age, he will do well to get a two year deal anywhere

, and are sides likely to want to change their set up to get the best out of a player in his mid thirties? I have thoroughly enjoyed what he has done for us, but any thoughts of him coming back would seem like a backward step.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see where McDonald ends up but it certainly won't be back at Motherwell.

Was just looking through the squads at the weekend and noticed Kilmarnock currently have one striker - Kris Boyd.

You'd imagine other teams in the league are on the look out for a striker too- Ross County, Dundee....and outwith the league but still in Scotland, Dundee Utd.

Was out at my local garden centre today and I was wearing a Motherwell polo shirt. A guy came up to me and asked if I played for Motherwell. Mightily flattered I told him that I was not good enough to play for Scotlands best team. He then introduced me to his friend who was Chic McClelland. Chic played for us I believe between 79-81? Unfortunately he now has dementia and could not remember much about his time with us, he could only remember Joe Wark. He is only 64 and looks fit but his mind has gone, extremely sad and another player from that era suffering this terrible condition.