Scottish Premiership Ross County V Motherwell Sat 10 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Interested to see who's available and given the nod for this. Does Hammell come back in for Chalmers despite a couple of decent showings and his u21 call-up (regardless of whether it was just a case of him answering the phone first or not)? Will Moult and McHugh make the bench after having been out for prolonged periods. Out of curiosity what's the timeline for someone coming back from concussion anyway? I know there are specific guidelines for it.

I've noticed beyond the announcement of his loan there hasn't been any sort of coverage from the club's official channels about Belic. If we've brought him in from West Ham I'd imagine he's here to play but I'll be interested to see if he starts ahead of someone like Ainsworth straight away.

County seem to have been quite hit or miss this season, pumped out the League Cup at the group stage, Dundee took them apart in Dingwall but they've beaten both ICT and Killie hence they're sitting in 4th place just now. Boyce seems to be back on form for them having scored 5 of their 6 goals in the league.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Chalmers

Cadden Lasley Clay

Ainsworth Bowman McDonald

A win would be nice.

Moult has confirmed he is fit again, match sharpness probably lacking so i think its very likely we can see him off the bench on saturday, I believe McHugh is also fit and available again so its good to be back at near full strength, perhaps one positive about having the international break at this stage for us.

From the press conference: Moult is fit for Saturday. McHugh still out. Kennedy and Blyth training again but not ready.

For me:

Cadden Lasley Clay

Ainsworth Moult McDonald

Chalmers gets the nod for me. Hopefully he continues growing in confidence and turns the steady performances into good ones. Ainsworth up top, as I havent seen Bowman or Belic yet so a bit unfair to judge. But wouldn't be surprised to see one of them start

Ross County, Accies and Partick Thistle are the next 3 games. By hook or by crook we need to emerge from those with a minimum of 4 points. And I still think that's setting the bar pretty low.

We need to be looking at taking more than 4 points from these games. The minimum I would accept would be 5, however, we should be targeting 7. Ross County are never easy (as previous results have shown) but with Moult back in the frame I am hopeful we can take all three points. 2-1 Motherwell. :)

From the press conference: Moult is fit for Saturday. McHugh still out. Kennedy and Blyth training again but not ready.

For me:

Cadden Lasley Clay

Ainsworth Moult McDonald

Chalmers gets the nod for me. Hopefully he continues growing in confidence and turns the steady performances into good ones. Ainsworth up top, as I havent seen Bowman or Belic yet so a bit unfair to judge. But wouldn't be surprised to see one of them start

Its a big blow that McHugh isn't fit. I agree with your defence and perhaps midfield, but maybe drop Ainsworth for Belic if he's fit. Maybe Cadden and Chalmers will not play 90 minutes given their midweek outing. Ainsworth can't play on the left and if he's on the right he may well duplicate Cadden's role to some extent. We don't know how fit Belic is but we badly need to up our work rate off the ball and that seems to be one of Belic's strongpoints. I doubt if Moult will play anywhere near 90 minutes. Bowman of course is also an option up front.

We need to be looking at taking more than 4 points from these games. The minimum I would accept would be 5, however, we should be targeting 7. Ross County are never easy (as previous results have shown) but with Moult back in the frame I am hopeful we can take all three points. 2-1 Motherwell. :)

I agree 4 isn't really enough, especially considering the next 3 games are Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen, but it's rarely easy and/or straightforward!

Really bad news about McHugh also. Very worrying.

Cadden Lasley Clay

Ainsworth Moult McDonald

I'd probably stick someone in goals, just to be on the safe side. I know Samson isn't the best, but still...

• Like 3