Scottish Premiership Ross County V Motherwell Sat 10 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Barring any more serious injuries our season will start proper at the end of the month. By that time McHugh will hopefully be back to stiffen the midfield, Moult will be fully fit and Belic will be fit enough to start on the left side of midfield.

An ok point today which I would have taken before kick off but disappointing not to beat 10 men. A bit disappointing too that although we set ourselves up defensively we still managed to lose a goal, almost more. It'll be interesting to get the views of those who were there - safe journey home.

At the risk if upsetting some folks it sounds as though County were their usual physical self - even Mark McGhee anticipated that.

Really rough game, lucky to come away with a point, but in the end we really should've gone on and won. The first half was anti-football, both sides were minging. Second half was a bit more exciting, they deserved their goal and it was well worked. When they scored I looked round our team and everybody was just head down, slouching to the half way line; apart from a half hearted clap of the hands from Cadden there was nobody giving any sort of encouragement/instruction. Compare that with Paul Quinn for County, he was a superb leader today. Talked his team through the whole game, and just never shut up. They got a man sent off, not sure what for but he didn't seem to complain much. Moult on for Bowman changed the game. Only seen Moult a few times in the flesh but it's clear to see why he's a hero amongst the 'Well fans. Just after he scored he absolutely harried the County defence down the line, won us a throw in right up the park, nutted the ball into the stand while waiting for Tait to take it and started screaming "CAMOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN" at the 'Well fans. What a guy. Bowman looks like he'll offer something, but definitely a step up for him. He was walking around like he had shat himself before he got hooked, absolutely burst. Lionel very energetic off the bench. Chalmers again good on the ball, just a bit lacking in pace when the opportunity to bomb forwards was on. Cadds was excellent, a really good prospect, and Henegan was by far our best player.

I'm a big Stevie Hammell fan, but he was ganting today. As was Tait.

Think that just about covers it. Also the linesman in front of the 'Well fans was awful. When you can't keep up with Stephen McManus' gut busting forward runs to beat the offside trap, you know you're too old for it.

Also really good support, the encouragement to Ainsworth & Chalmers was great to hear.

• Like 2

I lost count of the number of times the ball came through and our defence headed it out under no pressure, when a shout from the goalie would have dealt with the situation. It's getting to the point when I start to have the fear again whenever the ball comes across the box.

Agree. Samson has been guilty of this in a few games this season leading to the loss of several avoidable corners. The defender does the right thing by clearing his lines when he doesn't know who is around him but a simple shout by Samson would avoid any problems.

• Like 1