Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

TBF, the teams around us have played 8 or 9 homes games to our 5 - and we've only lost one.

As for Celtic, between their 8 games and Rangers not even wanting to compete in this league, it's perfect evidence for giving their Colt Team idea the instant rejection it deserves.

Awww bugger, thought we had a starlet there.

Our home form is questionable compared to those around us.

Looking at the league table, don't know how Celtic can get to this point in the season with 8 games played when the average is 15-16.

I think its to do with them playing in the youth version of the Champions League during midweek evenings when U20 fixtures are usually played.

There was a piece in The Scotsman about him.

Motherwell have taken India Under-17 goalkeeper Dheeraj Singh on trial.

Singh will spend three weeks training with the Fir Park side, but any potential transfer would have to wait until July, when the player turns 18.

The 17-year-old was a stand-out performer for his country at last year’s Under-17 World Cup with former India captain Bhaichung Bhutia claiming Singh was the ‘find of the tournament.’

According to India’s goalkeeping coach Paolo Grilo, scouts from teams ‘in Europe and around the world’ were taking an interest in the ‘keeper, who was most recently with the All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) development side India Arrows in the I-League.

Grilo, who also heads up goalkeeping coaching for MLS side Philadelphia Union, told the Indian Express that, while Singh has the potential to make it in Europe, he won’t progress if he ‘returns to the methodology of training in India’.

Manipur-born Singh, a product of the AIFF Elite Academy, is keen to try his luck in Europe.

As reported by the Times of India in November last year, Singh said: “I am feeling more confident than ever before about moving abroad.

“After the performance in the U-17 World Cup, my confidence is on a high. I feel this is the right move for me.”

Motherwell confirmed the 17-year-old would be arriving on trial, with a spokesperson saying: “Dheeraj will join us on trial this week. We are looking forward to welcoming him to Scotland.

“He will gain fantastic experience working with our goalkeeping coach Craig Hinchcliffe, as well as Trevor Carson and Russell Griffiths.”

Prior to the trial Singh spent time at Kerala Blasters with former England international goalkeeper David James. He is expected to train with Motherwell’s senior squad rather than the club’s development team.

Interrsting final paragraph ...'senior squad'

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Moot point really as pretty much every training video the club put out on the socials show the u20s training with the senior squad anyway. The clips featuring the goalkeepers have generally been Carson, Griffiths and Morrison (along with Ferguson on occasion).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I see Bowman, Hendrie and Sid all started for the u20's today , beaten 2-1 by Ross county so not a good result.

I hate to say that Sid and Hendrie were dire, Newall average, at least Bowman was proactive by holding up the ball,  but overall any first team player in the under 20's seam to upset the team, they certainly improved when Hendrie went off at half time. Unfortunately with three over age players playing Ross McLean not in the squad, which looks like he is not in SR plans

Also have to say that Ross County under 20's is the best team I have seen in the development league so far with Tony Dingwall and MacIver played well but the left wing back Melbourne was very impressive until he had to go off injured, it makes you wonder maybe we need to look at the Highlands for some youngsters.

17 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Also have to say that Ross County under 20's is the best team I have seen in the development league so far with Tony Dingwall and MacIver played well but the left wing back Melbourne was very impressive until he had to go off injured, it makes you wonder maybe we need to look at the Highlands for some youngsters.

He's on loan from West Brom u23s.

12 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I hate to say that Sid and Hendrie were dire, Newall average, at least Bowman was proactive by holding up the ball,  but overall any first team player in the under 20's seam to upset the team, they certainly improved when Hendrie went off at half time. Unfortunately with three over age players playing Ross McLean not in the squad, which looks like he is not in SR plans

You have to wonder what exactly Robinson sees in Petraviscius. He's absolutely brutal and it's a bad joke that he is blocking the development of players we have brought through the ranks.

Like any signing he's a gamble and was signed as a young long term prospect.  To date, I agree he hasn't set the heather on fire.  That said he's hardly been a first team regular and has been playing mostly in the Under 20s.  he could aslo take a few months to settle in to our club and the Scottish game.  i doubt too if he's on massive money. 

16 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Dingwall is an overage player as well. He's played a fair amount of first team games too I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, superward said:

Dingwall is an overage player as well. He's played a fair amount of first team games too I'm sure. 

County's team contained a few home grown players, but also contained first team squad players  such as Melbourne, Dingwall and Draper.  They picked up other youngsters from Highland League clubs and also from the likes of Bolton, Bury, WBA and Rangers.   Maybe not quite so inexperienced and raw as we first thought.