• Chris Cadden
    • Lee Lucas
    • Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Allan Campbell
    • Ross MacLean
    • Null Vote

Lucas, Clay and Heneghan all had possibly their best games so far in claret & amber, Caddens & Ainsworth showed what they can do and Tait showed his attacking skills but for me McDonald just shaded it for motm. Rarely have I seen him put in such a shift, non stop running and closing down opponents - even ran the length of the park once!

The guys were up for it today - well done to them all.

McDonald was superb today and worked his socks off. At one point in the last ten minutes or so, I just someone sprint across the pitch to close down a County defender and immediately thought it was either Maclean or Campbell, only to realise on second glance that it was McDonald. I didn't know he could move that fast!

Moult had a great game too, it makes such a difference playing him up front with Skippy rather than out wide. This must continue.

I thought Cadden looked a bit out of sorts in the first half, and despite a few driving runs, his delivery was very poor. He kept trying and trying though, and turned it round in the second half, which was great to see. For such a young lad, his attitude in every match puts some of the senior players to shame.

Ainsworth was at his best today, and worked hard, too. Good to see him getting a goal as well, thoroughly deserved to top off an excellent performance.

Special mention to McMillan as well for an assured display at left back. Okay, not the toughest game as it turned out, but he didn't look out of place at all.

For me though, MOTM has to be Lee Lucas. To come back after so long out of the game, and only bit parts so far this season. He looked so calm and assured throughout the entire match, and his range of passing was impressive. If he can keep fit and play regularly, he could be a real find.

Very difficult choice.

Lucas was head and shoulders above everyone first half but unsurprisingly faded 2nd half as he ran out of steam.

Lionel was great 2nd half but quiet first half.

Cadden had his usual solid performance but feel he needs to back himself more when he is one one one with the opposing fullback.

Went for McDonald for motm as he was involved in just about everything good we did today. He was an absolute nuisance to their defence from start to finish in the way Dougie Arnott used to be. Brilliant.

Tait, Heneghan, Lucas, Ainsworth, Moult and McDonald were the pick of the bunch for me. But there were no failures today.

However MOM should go to the best player and the one who had the most influence on the out come. Nearly all of our good play involved Scott McDonald in some way. He scored one goal sent Moult through for the second and gave a dream pass to Lionel for the fourth.

Special mention to young McMillan who also played well.

Samson - did everything he needed to, don't think he had a chance with the goal.

Tait - excellent

McMillan - very encouraging, didn't do much wrong on Wednesday and played very well yesterday

Heneghan - one poor touch which cost him a booking apart, was excellent and the block just before half time was superb.

McManus - he had a shocker on Wednesday, he was very assured yesterday and actually passed it rather than lumped it.

Cadden - crossing was poorer than normal but his running caused all sorts of problems for their left back. Been better but still very good.

Ainsworth - Started slowly but the cross he put in for McDonald lifted the confidence and just got better and better.

Clay - nothing showy just got the job done.

Lucas - never wasted a ball, linked with the front two and the wingers. Clearly tired towards the end but better than anything Clay and Lasley have offered for weeks.

McDonald - Again excellent. Tracked back, tackling, making good choices (often the weakest aspect of his game) and took his goal well.

Moult - not scored since the four against Accies and maybe needs one but his work ethic and tracking back were very good as usual.

On all that, I'm plumping for Ainsworth but there are five or six with a good claim.

Louis Moult had a really good game on Saturday and has no votes - tells you how good we were.

He was only about 5th or 6th best player, but as you say, had a really good game. His best in quite some time. Benefited from being played through the middle right enough.....