Society Board Vacancy

Kmcalpin

Just checked my emails David, I don't see anything from them, other than a news letter dated 30th saying they'd hoped to have the voting out in a week or so.

Wondered if it was to do with my level of payment but when I went to check though, they are advising they are reviewing their benefit structure. SO I cannae tell if I should've got or not.

Not yet - saw it on Twitter. Can download the form and email it directly if your keen though.

It's open until 19th Jan so plenty of time.

Thanks, much appreciated - its ok though I'll download the form myself.

It was just that the Society site stated that voting had already opened and I thought it strange that I and perhaps others hadn't received any prior warning.

Thanks, much appreciated - its ok though I'll download the form myself.

It was just that the Society site stated that voting had already opened and I thought it strange that I and perhaps others hadn't received any prior warning.

Yeah I thought the same. Just downloaded and voted yesterday myself too. Keen as mustard me.

I had a wee discussion with (I'm presuming it would be Craig Hughes?) the WS on Twitter this morning about the same thing. I'm told there is an email due out today to members and communications to those without email addresses thereafter.

My own belief was that voting forms and notifications should have gone out to members first and then make use of the general release as a selling point to potential new members. That new members signing up now would have the chance to vote for the first new WS board member after the club became fan owned - an instant opportunity to use your influence as a WS member. That kind of thing.

I find it a little odd that you wouldn't consider releasing the info. to existing members first the natural thing to do.

Recollecting that at the AGM and Q&A about a week/ten days back it was conceded that an email released then about the new structure (which some felt was issued prematurely) was going to be clarified and a follow up released and now the voting information, I'm left with a slightly nagging feeling that each of these announcements and events haven't had the impact that they could or arguably should have. And this is the very point where we would want things to be spot on at the first time of asking to help build confidence.

That all said I still hope the prospect of being able to use ones influence in the appointment process of the new board member will prove attractive to some and will help add some more members to the WS. it is also worth also pointing out given some criticisms of communication that my tweet was picked up very early on upon start of business this morning so I can't complain at all at the speed of the reply.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a wee heads up on this - was speaking to a couple of folk yesterday who were completely unaware you can vote by e-mail, simply by sending the name of who you want to vote for (and presumably your date of birth or Society number) to the Society. Unfortunately, there seems to have been folk put off by what appeared to be a bit of a hassle involving either posting a voting form or printing it off, filling it out, and scanning it in before sending it by e-mail. I can see why that would be the perception because it's exactly what I thought before the Society corrected me on Twitter.

So aye, if anyone is considering voting before tomorrow's midnight deadline, then you can thankfully do so by e-mail - it just seems to be something that the Society haven't really explained very well...

I agree it might have been easier all around to make it as widely known as possible voting could be as simple as placing your vote by email.

In fairness though it does state under the list of candidates on the voting form you can vote by the email method by, as you state above, confirming WS membership number or dob.

I did that last night actually and first thing this morning received an email from the WS confirming my vote had been received.

I agree it might have been easier all around to make it as widely known as possible voting could be as simple as placing your vote by email.

In fairness though it does state under the list of candidates on the voting form you can vote by the email method by, as you state above, confirming WS membership number or dob.

I did that last night actually and first thing this morning received an email from the WS confirming my vote had been received.

Absolutely, although the voting form itself still just says you can deliver the form to the Society via e-mail. It's on the webpage with information about the ballot which states you can e-mail if you have problems with the form by including WS membership number or DOB. Not that it's too relevant now anyway, I'm sure anyone who actually wants to vote will know that they can do so by e-mail now - it was just something that came up a few times yesterday so thought it best to highlight!

• Like 1

Possibly a daft question, but where would someone find your membership number?

I don't think there's anywhere to get it other than on your membership card, if you got one. You don't need it to vote though, they accept date of birth instead (probably because they realise a lot of folk have no idea what their number is).

Possibly a daft question, but where would someone find your membership number?

I don't think there's anywhere to get it other than on your membership card, if you got one. You don't need it to vote though, they accept date of birth instead (probably because they realise a lot of folk have no idea what their number is).

FWIW: I got my number off the confirmation letter I'd received when I signed up,

FWIW: I got my number off the confirmation letter I'd received when I signed up,

With thanks to Craig Hughes, he's sending my letter and card through shortly, and I can vote via e-mail.

Good Luck with the vote Jay.

Cheers mate, we'll see how it pans out. Certainly a few impressive candidates standing, a number of whom tick the boxes I think are required at this stage, so the main thing IMO is getting someone on there that'll rock the boat a bit, offer some real creativity and enthusiasm, and hopefully make attempts to seriously improve the communications side of things. A couple there that I'd have considered voting for if I hadn't vote for myself!

Maybe too busy partying with their Rangers counterparts...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhglvXnsSio

They played it on the screens at half time to our bemusement.

Aye they played that shite and I have no idea what was going on. Our club being involved has annoyed me. What the fuck even was that?

Any public news yet? Surely its been possible to contact all of the candidates by now?

You'd have thought so, but nope.

Maybe too busy partying with their Rangers counterparts...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhglvXnsSio

I'd forgotten about this getting shown at half-time. Utterly bizarre. Tend to agree with Busta, should have told them to keep their creepy traditions to themselves.

• Like 1