Society Board Vacancy

Kmcalpin

I've taken a free drink at many events around the world for many a toast I've not agreed with, no issue

see the laughing and joking as inferiors visting the big club, that "we're here for a draw" , that's pathetic , I'm sure Warburton was pleased to hear our Director come out with that. Too many Glasgow firm surrender monkeys in Scottish Football, sadly plenty in our club.

• Like 4

I've taken a free drink at many events around the world for many a toast I've not agreed with, no issue

see the laughing and joking as inferiors visting the big club, that "we're here for a draw" , that's pathetic , I'm sure Warburton was pleased to hear our Director come out with that. Too many Glasgow firm surrender monkeys in Scottish Football, sadly plenty in our club.

Thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Society meeting debut tonight - probably not in the circumstances I was expecting right enough, safe to say the meeting itself probably has a completely different complexion now.

But in the coming months, I'll be looking to raise the issues, voice the concerns, tout the ideas & ask the questions I've been prattling on about on the podcast & social media for a couple of years now. A vast lack of transparency is my number one criticism of the Society and I'm hoping to make some sort of progress in the new few months in getting that across to my fellow Board members and hopefully working together towards rectifying it.

Also looking to add to my own criticisms with the issues, concerns, ideas, & questions of other ordinary punters like myself. If anyone wants to add to the ever-increasing scribblings in my newly dedicated notepad with "Well Society" written on the front, feel free to get in touch. Trying to be more active on here, but I'm also easy to get in touch with on Twitter at @jay_mfc

Anyway, if anyone is planning on coming along at 7.30pm (the Well Society has invited anyone interested in helping out along after tonight's Board meeting) then I'll see you there.

Hi Jay,

I'd like to know if the money being pledged to the society is still ring fenced and only being given to the club when required as a loan and being repayed to the society when available.

I was one of the original members but hadnt signed up to pledge any more money until Les' double your money offer.

Happy to do this short term as I see the benefit for the club. But it would be nice to have some re-assurance that our cash isnt disappearing into the club never to be seen again.

Prudent budgeting and accountability have to be part of the model going forward if fan ownership is to be sustainable.

All the best.

Hi Jay,

I'd like to know if the money being pledged to the society is still ring fenced and only being given to the club when required as a loan and being repayed to the society when available.

I was one of the original members but hadnt signed up to pledge any more money until Les' double your money offer.

Happy to do this short term as I see the benefit for the club. But it would be nice to have some re-assurance that our cash isnt disappearing into the club never to be seen again.

Prudent budgeting and accountability have to be part of the model going forward if fan ownership is to be sustainable.

All the best.

Cheers mate, Certainly happy to get an answer for you. Need to be honest and say that this week's events make me think tonight might not be where I get most answers & raise the majority of issues I have, simply because things have naturally changed over the last couple of days and will need discussed, but I'll be making sure to do so moving forward. In particular, questions like yours that deserve an answer, I can put forward without having to be at a monthly meeting anyway, so I'll give you a shout when I have some feedback for you.

Good luck.

I sincerely hope the (very likely) resistance you will face in trying to install real positive change isn't too severe.

Cheers mate. We'll see how it pans out. Happy to try in the hope that we can all move forward together but if I'm a lone voice then so be it!

• Like 1

Cheers Jay,

You are probably right about tonight. I would imagine there will only be one topic of discussion!

I really hope you dont turn out to be the lone voice for change, however, if you do, then you just need to keep us informed. Its our society and our club. If members wont represent us then we can always vote for ones that will!

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

#oneofus4allofus

I really hope you dont turn out to be the lone voice for change, however, if you do, then you just need to keep us informed. Its our society and our club. If members wont represent us then we can always vote for ones that will!

There's always the risk that might be the case - I work in politics so I know fine well how these things can often play out!

But you're right - at the very least, I want to try and use my time with the Well Society to at least attempt to provide a bit of transparency and honesty where there's been none before. Basically, if I'm not going to be able to get the answers people want, I hope I can at least use the opportunity to get them the answers in the first place.

Based on the club statement that the WS were consulted, I would be interested to know how many of the board were asked for their input prior to the club announcement. Unless its window dressing of course.

I would presume that they will have consulted the Society's representative on the clubs board rather than the whole Society Board. Hasnt really been time for anything else given how quickly they moved.

Well how can that representative convey the views of the majority of their board without consulting them? It then becomes that person(s) personal opinion.

If you are correct about the speed of things then fair enough, but don't validate a statement to the press by adding in the WS being another dissenting voice to give credibility to the decision.

Well how can that representative convey the views of the majority of their board without consulting them? It then becomes that person(s) personal opinion.

If you are correct about the speed of things then fair enough, but don't validate a statement to the press by adding in the WS being another dissenting voice to give credibility to the decision.

Not claiming it to be representative or even that I agree mate. Just offering an opinion. I dont have any inside knowledge so I could be totally wrong but if there had been a Well Society board meeting in advance of the club board meeting I dont suspect they would be having another one tonight?

As i understand it there is regular dialogue between the members of both boards via email.

In a situation like this, I wouldn't expect an email saying McGhee Out - Click Yes or No. For now, at least, I'm satisfied that our Board is working in the best interests of the club and with appropriate communication with the Society Board.

If that's ever not the case, I presume the Society Board members will let it be known and we can consider our options.