January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

Would he really? I'm not so sure, he spent a fair amount of time plying his trade down south, scoring goals and then joins us for (a quoted) £50k?

I tried to gather some evidence but found it virtually impossible; maybe I was looking on the wrong sites. What I did come across though was a vast number of "undisclosed" fees. I thought it was only us who tried to conceal this information from the fans!!

Going to be a massive rebuilding job in the summer.

Most likely Moult, McDonald & Ainsworth could be away. that's a lot of goals to be replaced.

For me Moult and McDonald will be missed but it depends on what Ainsworth you are talking about, the quick, effective and unplayable when he is in the mood Ainsworth we occasionally see, or the lazy B**t**d, cant be bothered, never tracks back Ainsworth that we are used too, if its the latter then no he wont be missed.

If stories are to be believed we could see Cadden, Moult, Heneghan and possibly Skippy depart this transfer window. I suspect one of Moult and Cadden will be off if the right offer comes in.

Paying off our creditors (Hutchison and Boyle) and securing our financial future is of paramount importance. My concern is they do not depart before the Scottish cup tie v Rangers. Having bought a ticket for that game I am positive we can give them a game with our best current team but not without Cadden and / or Moult..

I'm sorry, but why would Palace, who recently bought Christian Benteke for about £30m, be remotely interested in Moult?

Great player for us etc, but as otgers have said, Championship far more likely.

I think everyone agrees. But the more stories about our players going to the Premiership, or Championship for that matter, in the national press the better!

Nobody down south bats an eyelid at Scottish football other than Rangers and Celtic. So, if our players are linked in the national press it can only be a good thing to boost interest and, hopefully, fees.

If stories are to be believed we could see Cadden, Moult, Heneghan and possibly Skippy depart this transfer window. I suspect one of Moult and Cadden will be off if the right offer comes in.

Paying off our creditors (Hutchison and Boyle) and securing our financial future is of paramount importance. My concern is they do not depart before the Scottish cup tie v Rangers. Having bought a ticket for that game I am positive we can give them a game with our best current team but not without Cadden and / or Moult..

I think the only one of them who may go this window will be Moult. Even then, I dont think we will get a bid we will accept given current league position.

Anything is possible in a world where Grant Hanley is sold for 6 million. Anything. Off topic a bit...but I still can't believe that.

Hanley was a very good servant for Blackburn. Club captain, 180+ games and 20+ Scotland caps. Seems a reasonable price to me when you think Christian Dailly moved for the same money in 1998. Having said that, hope he gets out of Newcastle soon and returns to regular football.

Hanley was a very good servant for Blackburn. Club captain, 180+ games and 20+ Scotland caps. Seems a reasonable price to me when you think Christian Dailly moved for the same money in 1998. Having said that, hope he gets out of Newcastle soon and returns to regular football.

He's absolutely murder. Only place he should be is in a rugby strip. In my opinion of course ;-)

Jumped onto Pie and Bovril to see if there were details on Thomas's performance today. Looks like it's been a very strong debut which is great to hear. Hopefully it continues and he develops the way we all want him to. Far too early for this comment, but I hope for our sake it's not a case of a player finding his level.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:
Set up the second goal and was awarded MotM on the travel club coaches.
I'm sure the guys at the game will be able to provide further detail.
3 hours ago, Mr X said:
Did really well. Showed a real ability to run with the ball and beat men, something we've been badly missing. Final ball could have been better a couple of times but he played a fantastic pass to Dykes for the 3rd goal.
2 hours ago, NM_1919 said:
Very well. Constant threat maybe over done it a couple of times but first viewing was encouraging
2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:
Dom Thomas simply turned and ran at the opposition every time he got the ball. As we were warned, his final delivery is erratic but he got them turned and panicking all day. He had one excellent shot from which we ultimately scored too. Great debut from him.
2 hours ago, spacekid84 said:
Thomas played well, sometimes thought the wingers would have been better suited switching sides but can't really complain.
  • Like 7

Wee rumour doing the rounds up north. We are talking with Mark Reynolds with a view to pre-contract agreement

Still this cam from the same source that had Peter Pawlett joining us on loan in the summer !

In terms of Reynolds - he is certainly not getting a game at the moment...

He's started the last 3 and they've won them all (vs us, Accies and Hearts). In fact he's started 11 of 21 games in the league this season coming off the bench in 3. He's missed one because of suspension and 5 on the bench.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if we were in for him as our reliance on McManus as left sided centre half is notable.

• Like 1

Not Motherwell related but Hearts just signed the guy Lennard Sowah that played on the left for Accies against us the other week.

To be fair, it's only based on 1 performance but I thought he made Tony Straker look like Roberto Carlos.

• Like 1