Scottish Premiership Ross County V Motherwell Tue 31 Jan 19:45

Yabba's Turd

We're going to lose our next 4 games. After that we'll be in the trenches. We sit 10th at the moment and I'll be jubilant we finish there at the end of the season. After which I want to see McGoo leave and take duds like Clay Chalmers and a few others with him. As for the Ross County game they're much stronger than us they're at home and they've got Boyce 2-0.

Samson (wanted him dropped but thought he was good today and has apparently done well last few games so stick for now)

Tait

Jules

Heneghan

One of the young ones

Cadden

Lucas

McHugh

Frear

Moult

Ainsworth

I can but dream.

If you are going for one of the young ones in defence i would pick Vivian he would add a bit of fight into them

• Like 5

Should we win on Tuesday we'll finish the midweek at least six ahead of one of Hamilton and Inverness since they meet and Killie and Dundee don't play so we'd jump above the three right above us - it's a huge psycholgical reward.

Also, lets not write off the HEarts game - they're at Parkhead today and at home to Rangers on Wednesday - likely they'll have a few battle scars and will spend quite a lot of time chasing the ball. If we can find a formation that allows us to attack (two attack minded midfielders for example) I think we have a chance.

However all that said Tuesday is a difficult game. They've played two games since the break against teams not dissimilar to us ability wise and have scored 8 conceded 5. Doesn't take a genius to work out where they're weak and that we'll have to defend well, and by that I mean not on the 18 yard box!

Should we win on Tuesday we'll finish the midweek at least six ahead of one of Hamilton and Inverness since they meet and Killie and Dundee don't play so we'd jump above the three right above us - it's a huge psycholgical reward.

Also, lets not write off the HEarts game - they're at Parkhead today and at home to Rangers on Wednesday - likely they'll have a few battle scars and will spend quite a lot of time chasing the ball. If we can find a formation that allows us to attack (two attack minded midfielders for example) I think we have a chance.

However all that said Tuesday is a difficult game. They've played two games since the break against teams not dissimilar to us ability wise and have scored 8 conceded 5. Doesn't take a genius to work out where they're weak and that we'll have to defend well, and by that I mean not on the 18 yard box!

If we don't line up with someone to run at Lenny Sowah I'll be raging. The guy makes Tony Straker look like Paolo Maldini.

• Like 1

Think it's 2 for violent conduct.

For Tuesday I'd make a couple of changes in an attempt to shake things up a bit in the absence of McDonald to get some creativity flowing. Wether the players we have could tactically cope with this with little to no prep time I don't know....

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

McHugh Lasley

Ainsworth Cadden Frear

Moult

McManus and Hammell are on a shoogly peg. But I wouldn't advocate wholesale changes.

Lasley in if fit.

Think it's 2 for violent conduct.

For Tuesday I'd make a couple of changes in an attempt to shake things up a bit in the absence of McDonald to get some creativity flowing. Wether the players we have could tactically cope with this with little to no prep time I don't know....

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

McHugh Lasley

Ainsworth Cadden Frear

Moult

McManus and Hammell are on a shoogly peg. But I wouldn't advocate wholesale changes.

Lasley in if fit.

That would be my team if they are all fit. McManus, Cadden and Moult were all carrying knocks by the end of the Rangers game though. Suspect Lucas will play.

Ross County are highly inconsistent so its difficult to make any predictions about this one except that we will have to keep an eye on Liam Boyce because he scores most of their goals.

To highlight their inconsistency they recently beat Aberdeen at home then followed it up with a 3-1 defeat to Partick Thistle. They haven't managed two home wins on the trot all season so perhaps that is a nice wee omen as their most recent home fixture was a 3-2 win vs Inverness.

They have 8 draws in 22 league matches so perhaps a point a piece wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Quite like the look of that team actually. No chance we'll play that though!

Chalmers (if fit) and Clay will start.

Aye - I can't quite see McGhee making changes like that and it would be a risk. But something needs to change. The team is just so flat, one paced and predictable without McDonald. Only slightly less so with him!

I'd go with

Samson

Tait

Heneghan

McManus

Chalmers (if fit)

Ainsworth

Lucas

McHugh

Frear (for 45 minutes maybe)

Bowman

Moult

Not my ideal starting 11 but we badly need pace, more than one outball, someone to support Moulty and players who can last 90 minutes.

I'd go with

Samson

Tait

Heneghan

McManus

Chalmers (if fit)

Ainsworth

Lucas

McHugh

Bowman

Moult

Not my ideal starting 11 but we badly need pace, more than one outball, someone to support Moulty and players who can last 90 minutes.

I wouldn't be opposed to that line up either.

Be very very surprised if Ainsworth starts though.

I'd go with

Samson

Tait

Heneghan

McManus

Chalmers (if fit)

Ainsworth

Lucas

McHugh

Bowman

Moult

With McDonald being free to play tomorrow, he'll start. However, I'd be amazed if he gets his sending off overturned.

The above is the team I'd like to see go up against Hearts on Saturday, and I think it would do well too.

In our last game against County at FP Cadden showed their likely LB van der Weg to be slow and vulnerable to pace, booked early on iirc, so I would consider Ainsworth on the right.

Yeah you're right, he got booked early on and Cadden absolutely tore him to shreds all afternoon. I'm sure he scored an OG too.

We should definitely target him again on Tuesday with Cadden or Ainsworth on the right.