Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

I'd like to see something like the 'Untouchables' faddy special - with a claret hoop!

That would be great.

Hopefully something that takes the traditional and merges it with all this L'oreal science mince will please everybody and make the change appeal to all.

I think some are being a bit harsh on the club tho.

if there're having problems with the contract that they have with the kit that they use day in day out then they need to change suppliers - and that I'm afraid means a new kit design for the supporters.

In terms of supporting Motherwell;the seat in the stand, the shirt, the programme, the pies are all optional. Do it, don't do it. It's definitely a choice thing.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, that's just a thing of life. My mate bought an ipod touch, next month the 2nd Generation one came out. I bought a tele, a week later it was £40 or so cheaper in the same shop.

Yes m8, I appreciate that and in the past, I have benefited from other retailers with similar things. The point I was trying to make was I purchased something with a "supposed" shelf life of 2 years, which will now end this summer. I spoke to my kids and told them about this new kit, and they said if they knew it was going to be replaced, then they would rather have waited until the summer to get the new one.

I can see both sides here, FWIW I believe the people responsible stated this kit was for 08-10 with all good intentions of that being the case but circumstances overtook them. I've spoken out against such kit changes before (typical we had to keep that fuckin' Zoom effort for the full term though eh?) and I would hope the JAXX contract is altered to take this irregular pattern into account now so that we don't face another change in 12 months time.

Now the good part, my kids birthdays are in the summer so I'd be spending that dosh anyroads, one pressie sorted :whistling:

Canterbury make good stuff, sure that they can do a football shirt. To be honest, there isn't much in it between football and rugby tops these days.

That said, I probably won't by the replica as I just don't tend to, apart from the '91.

I'll be interested to see what the leisure gear is like. I know for a fact Canterbury do very nice sunhats and think they should be back on the go.

Spoke to a guy in the shop there over the phone as I was buying some gear online and he didn't sound to pleased with Motherwell FC as they had heard nothing about Canterbury replacing Bukta until this week by the sound of things. Pretty good that you can buy the full kit for 08/09 for under £40 now.

Spoke to a guy in the shop there over the phone as I was buying some gear online and he didn't sound to pleased with Motherwell FC as they had heard nothing about Canterbury replacing Bukta until this week by the sound of things. Pretty good that you can buy the full kit for 08/09 for under £40 now.

Think you will have read this the wrong way WTD. I'm pretty sure that PRovan Sporst would have had a big say in this - and maybe even were involved in approaching Canteburry.

If you look on the official site there is a picture with the two guys - assuming Mr. Provan? - from the shop, Leeann Dempster, Hammell and I'm assuming a guy from Canteburry which says they were involved with the announcement.

Think you will have read this the wrong way WTD. I'm pretty sure that PRovan Sporst would have had a big say in this - and maybe even were involved in approaching Canteburry.

If you look on the official site there is a picture with the two guys - assuming Mr. Provan? - from the shop, Leeann Dempster, Hammell and I'm assuming a guy from Canteburry which says they were involved with the announcement.

You would imagine so with them producing merchandise such as training kits et al.

I don't know you could be right, am sure it is him in the picture showing the new kit suppliers. It was just the way that he sounded on the phone that the club had left them out the picture. He said it had came out the blue and they hadn't heard a whisper. A lot of hassle for them as well changing all the prices etc. You would imagine that they could be losing money on the the Bukta stock that they have in store if they've paid the normal rate to buy in on the first place.

Looks like that big fud Rhydian from X-Factor has signed for Hearts U19s in the preceding story as well :lol:

I don't know you could be right, am sure it is him in the picture showing the new kit suppliers. It was just the way that he sounded on the phone that the club had left them out the picture. He said it had came out the blue and they hadn't heard a whisper. A lot of hassle for them as well changing all the prices etc. You would imagine that they could be losing money on the the Bukta stock that they have in store if they've paid the normal rate to buy in on the first place.

Folk working in the shop maybe just found out. However, The higher ups were clearly in on it. A la picture.

While I think it will be a hassle for them, and it could have came out the blue as in the talks of a deal were very fast moving, it is an absolute cash cow for PSL. Two new strips rather than just one third strip will generate much greater sales. I'm sure PSL would love the club to have two new strips every year.

So I think they were maybe hassled with getting everything into place, and probably having to deal with constant calls from fans re the new strip, etc.

I'm sure they will cut their loses on Butka stock, especially given that they milked our Euro adventure with hundreds of merchandise.

All in all, a good year for PSL.

front.jpg

That with a Well Badge and a band/hoop.....

Where will we fit the band in?

I think that's horrendous, the current Scotland Rugby top, wjhich I believe is by Canterbury is bloody awful, there's more gray in it than there is blue.

The material and cut may make for good quality tops but the designs are god awful, what the fuck is that wavy line on the breast all about, and the big hoop that makes it look as if it's grinning at you.

Sorry, but I am certainly not impressed, in fact I'm totally horrified at the idea of Canterbury's designers working with our colours.

I think that's horrendous, the current Scotland Rugby top, wjhich I believe is by Canterbury is bloody awful, there's more gray in it than there is blue.

The material and cut may make for good quality tops but the designs are god awful, what the fuck is that wavy line on the breast all about, and the big hoop that makes it look as if it's grinning at you.

Sorry, but I am certainly not impressed, in fact I'm totally horrified at the idea of Canterbury's designers working with our colours.

I doubt it will be Canterbury's designers.

Maybe someone at Motherwell designed it and we asked Canterbury to make it :lol:

So it might end up nothing like that

PSL I'd expect to have had a very profitable time from the last few years association with MFC

What's the script with PSL? IS it a profit share (which would make sense for MFC) or do we just get a flat fee for the 'franchise' rights and get not a penny of every strip/football boot/mens earings :( sold?

Always wonder if my cash is actually going to MFC or a Ltd company!

Anyone know?

last time we did that tho was the Adidas disaster in the early 80's

The Adidas kit was a canary yellow colour nightmare. I remember at the time being shocked at how yellow that kit was. It also would have been much better with a bold claret hoop.

It probably was an off the shelf number with this being the main reason why it was so yellow.

post-292-1235678838_thumb.jpg