Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the colour scheme, I actually liked that Adidas shirt.

I like the design of all the 70's 80's Adidas football shirts as well. It is purely the canary yellow colour that I hate. A change of colour and the addition of a hoop it would have been a Motherwell classic. A missed opportunity in my opinion.

Our 80's V neck Patrick number was a much better colour.

post-292-1235680197_thumb.jpg

Where will we fit the band in?

I think that's horrendous, the current Scotland Rugby top, wjhich I believe is by Canterbury is bloody awful, there's more gray in it than there is blue.

The material and cut may make for good quality tops but the designs are god awful, what the fuck is that wavy line on the breast all about, and the big hoop that makes it look as if it's grinning at you.

Sorry, but I am certainly not impressed, in fact I'm totally horrified at the idea of Canterbury's designers working with our colours.

That's a rugby top. The canterbury football tops are nowt like that. Completey different material and designs.

Don't wory, I'm sure it will be minted.

The Adidas kit was a canary yellow colour nightmare. I remember at the time being shocked at how yellow that kit was. It also would have been much better with a bold claret hoop.

It probably was an off the shelf number with this being the main reason why it was so yellow.

Currently on sale in Aspecto in Glasgae £27 notes......listed as cream/claret

post-759-1235686138_thumb.jpg

Minor detail in the grand scheme of things, Sports Direct in Wishaw have a few replica Deportivo La Coruna tops in stock. Whilst the top in itself is a step up in the quality we have had of late, the league and sponsor logos are of a material with a rubber feel to it which doesn't last too many washes as the bin lids' Sheffield United kit proved. That sorted, I'm looking forward to what our new partners are offering.

I hope, by posting on here, that I can clear a few things up. I obviously can't go into specifics of contractual arrangements or get involved in a debate online. I am however always available to talk to by phone or in the Club Shop. I will try to answer any questions as straightforwardly as I can.

To be clear, we at PSL were involved with contract talks with MFC and Canterbury from the outset. We did not however inform our staff of the potential change as we did not want any information in the public domain before things were set in stone. They have been as surprised as everyone else.

I would like to point out that MFC and ourselves always intended to make this announcement as soon as we could to minimise disruption and to keep supporters informed as early as possible. As soon as we had a contract in place we along with the club and Canterbury announced the deal straight away and subsequently cut the price of existing stock in store accordingly. I know this is frustrating for supporters but it is only in the last few days that we have been in the position to make any formal announcement.

The association with Canterbury is a four year deal initially so we hope to be in a position to give as much stability with kit launches over the next four years as we can.

I'm sure the fans will be very happy with the kits and trainingwear that Canterbury will provide and we can have a long and happy relationship with them.

I hope this answers a few of the issues on here from our point of view. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Alan Provan

Provan Sports Limited

Minor detail in the grand scheme of things, Sports Direct in Wishaw have a few replica Deportivo La Coruna tops in stock. Whilst the top in itself is a step up in the quality we have had of late, the league and sponsor logos are of a material with a rubber feel to it which doesn't last too many washes as the bin lids' Sheffield United kit proved. That sorted, I'm looking forward to what our new partners are offering.

Well, the league logo is nothing to do with the kit manufacturer AFAIK--all the clubs get the same ones to stick on. Sponsor logo is another matter, though.

I hope, by posting on here, that I can clear a few things up. I obviously can't go into specifics of contractual arrangements or get involved in a debate online. I am however always available to talk to by phone or in the Club Shop. I will try to answer any questions as straightforwardly as I can.

To be clear, we at PSL were involved with contract talks with MFC and Canterbury from the outset. We did not however inform our staff of the potential change as we did not want any information in the public domain before things were set in stone. They have been as surprised as everyone else.

I would like to point out that MFC and ourselves always intended to make this announcement as soon as we could to minimise disruption and to keep supporters informed as early as possible. As soon as we had a contract in place we along with the club and Canterbury announced the deal straight away and subsequently cut the price of existing stock in store accordingly. I know this is frustrating for supporters but it is only in the last few days that we have been in the position to make any formal announcement.

The association with Canterbury is a four year deal initially so we hope to be in a position to give as much stability with kit launches over the next four years as we can.

I'm sure the fans will be very happy with the kits and trainingwear that Canterbury will provide and we can have a long and happy relationship with them.

I hope this answers a few of the issues on here from our point of view. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Alan Provan

Provan Sports Limited

Alan

when will the strip/training gear be available..........and will it have a hoop/band ? :nod:

Edited by Wellfan1984
to add close quote tag