Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic style, except for the last 30 odd years. For me the BAND is classic style.

30+ years from the last full hoop, you'd think you'd get over it eh? :P

MON THE BAND!

I wouldn't care if it was a hoops, many hoops, stripes, stars, diamonds, rhombus-ish, or covered in parallelograms. It's not about the strip, it's about the team. If it's claret and amber it'll do.

Exactly the kind of attitudes created by numerous arseing about by kit manufacturers. When you've got a tradition you should stick with it otherwise, as shown, you lose that identity which was previously considered exclusive.

Amber shirt, claret hoop, there's your template.

It wasn't 36 years ago - we wore a hoop all the way round in (I think) 1995-ish. Motorola sponsored it, Pony made it and guys like Tommy Coyne, Dougie Arnott, etc wore it. It wasn't the broad effort we had in the fifties, of course, but it did go all the way round. It had a wee thin one above and below it aswell to make it modern to the time. Was a decent strip. Much better than most that have followed it since.

Frazzle

It wasn't 36 years ago - we wore a hoop all the way round in (I think) 1995-ish. Motorola sponsored it, Pony made it and guys like Tommy Coyne, Dougie Arnott, etc wore it. It wasn't the broad effort we had in the fifties, of course, but it did go all the way round. It had a wee thin one above and below it aswell to make it modern to the time. Was a decent strip. Much better than most that have followed it since.

Frazzle

I've still got that shirt. In fact I was wearing it the other day. Definitely my favourite 'Well shirt.

A hoop would be good - but its too hard to do - you'd never get the number to stick oan the back.

Plus claret material is 30 times more expensive than amber stuff - so if we had claret right roon the XXL strip will be about £75.

I think it's about time we had a SteelmenOnline sponsored weight loss anyway.

I'm cringing at the thought of all us fat bassas in a Canterbury shirt.

The east stand will be like a jumbo water balloon convention

A hoop would be good - but its too hard to do - you'd never get the number to stick oan the back.

The hoop can be printed on the same material as the amber body. That's what the mid-nineties Pony shirt was like. And that's what all the teams' shirts are like who have hooped or striped designs (Celtic, Partick Thistle and so on). They don't have individual bits of material all stitched together to make stripes or hoops. I think our kit manufacturers have been quite cheap when it came to the hoop or band.

The hoop can be printed on the same material as the amber body. That's what the mid-nineties Pony shirt was like. And that's what all the teams' shirts are like who have hooped or striped designs (Celtic, Partick Thistle and so on). They don't have individual bits of material all stitched together to make stripes or hoops. I think our kit manufacturers have been quite cheap when it came to the hoop or band.

Yep! :P

Vaguely related, last few times we've trekked down for a game I've been very impressed with the number of team members wearing simple black boots. A victory for common sense. Leave the ridiculous coloured efforts to the Jungle Jims and other cretins.