Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

Surely just do the mock ups without the logos then? Or use some other text where the logo would be. That way they can't later end up on some other site or in emails as being the new kit.

Get the fan artwork up there. Been a 'tradition' of that on this forum.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely just do the mock ups without the logos then? Or use some other text where the logo would be. That way they can't later end up on some other site or in emails as being the new kit.

Get the fan artwork up there. Been a 'tradition' of that on this forum.

Absolutely - go for it! I always enjoyed sitting making kits

I think because it's known SCDave is a mod here that his boss (also a member) can explain Canterbury's concerns directly.

As much as I'd love to see complete mock ups of ideas for a new strip, we've been told we can't, or at the very least, been asked not to use Canterbury's logo on non Canterbury products.

Being the nice folk that we are, we thought we'd spare SCDave some grief at his work and comply with their request before it went any further. This issue isn't up for debate, so please don't look for one.

If and when any other copyright holders contact the site and ask us not to display their logo on bogus products or mock ups then we'll do the right thing and comply with their request, until then batter in.

We know you'll dig the vibe.

fair enough. it just seemed a bit daft that a guy with a copyrighted image as his avatar was moaning about copyrighted images being used on the site.

fair enough. it just seemed a bit daft that a guy with a copyrighted image as his avatar was moaning about copyrighted images being used on the site.

Not wanting to get into an argument, but not 1 single website on the Internet is exempt from copyright laws.

With regards to my avatar, CKY have asked fans to actively promote their new album by posting banners and album art wherever they can. Regardless, even if I was breaking copyright what chance of CKY or anyone on their record label would come on this site? Or the owner of Kylies shoogly arse? That's the reason the vast majority of images are safe. The chances of anyone from Canterbury or JAXX coming on here (which they have)? Much much higher!

'Flow previously had serious issues with a former club photographer due to images used on these forums.

The avatar is an album cover - from an album that's already released and that and the artwork are already in the public domain - the record company have already done their marketing - plus it's way detached from MFC and the content of this MFC forum.

Canterbury, Motherwell FC, Provan Sports etc want to let their advertising / promotional campaign run its course, generate interest in the new Motherwell kit and maximise benefit to all involved.

What I think they're trying to stop is people thinking that designs posted on here as their work when its not - to prevent anyone thinking that designs or products are sub-standard.

The guy that removed the images is a massive Motherwell fan - works with Provan - and I'm sure has worked hard to get a great design out there for his beloved team.

I'm pretty sure most folk can understand that standpoint - if they stop and think.

Not wanting to get into an argument, but not 1 single website on the Internet is exempt from copyright laws.

With regards to my avatar, CKY have asked fans to actively promote their new album by posting banners and album art wherever they can. Regardless, even if I was breaking copyright what chance of CKY or anyone on their record label would come on this site? Or the owner of Kylies shoogly arse? That's the reason the vast majority of images are safe. The chances of anyone from Canterbury or JAXX coming on here (which they have)? Much much higher!

'Flow previously had serious issues with a former club photographer due to images used on these forums.

While I can understand the Canterbury issue, I would have thought that JAXX are on our strips to promote them (JAXX) and their logo and they would be more than happy if their name was on a mock up; increasing their exposure.

In fact if I was in their PR department I would have had half a dozen added to every website I could find.

Its basically big companies getting theirn knickers in a twist about some fan art.

As someone says - its good PR, but they don't see that. They see copyright enfringement.

Too much time spent with sheep rather than humans over in New Zealand.

All together now...

"You've got wool on yer foreskin...you've got wool on yer foreskin!"

Guest 'Flow
The avatar is an album cover - from an album that's already released and that and the artwork are already in the public domain - the record company have already done their marketing - plus it's way detached from MFC and the content of this MFC forum.

Canterbury, Motherwell FC, Provan Sports etc want to let their advertising / promotional campaign run its course, generate interest in the new Motherwell kit and maximise benefit to all involved.

What I think they're trying to stop is people thinking that designs posted on here as their work when its not - to prevent anyone thinking that designs or products are sub-standard.

I think that pretty much sums it up and is a spot on assessment of the state of play at the moment!

Obviously, a lot of time and effort has gone into not only securing this deal with Canterbury, but trying to give 'Well fans that little bit something more than bump, "Two guys on a pitch with a ball: Here's the new kit and here's when it is on sale" that we've been served up all too often in the past.

Because the nature of this deal and the size and quality of the CCC product, PSL (along with Canterbury and Motherwell FC) are trying to go that little bit further in the promotion and advertising of the new kits and hopefully fans can see that effort and get involved with it.

That obviously leads to a conflict if people are, perhaps not maliciously, designing mocks and things that don't look the best or probably even worse, passing it off as the real thing and claim to have some sort of exclusive etc. That is damaging if people then see that and judge the CCC brand or the new kit on those terms as opposed to getting involved in the "Countdown to Canterbury" campaign and waiting for the big unveiling in May.

It's a great product in terms of quality, the best we've ever had. In terms of design, I really, really, really think fans will love the kit this year. At least I hope they do!

'Flow

Tried my hardest, but failed :D

Here is the reply i got...

Thank you for your email, however we are the Kent Elite Stockists for CCC, so could I advise you to contact Canterburynz.com?

As an aside, when we design strips for local clubs, we do talk to the club itself and they have certain controls on the products, and the colours can be changed for each club. And material is dependant upon usage, normally a football club would have a different material to a rugby club and the same applies for hockey clubs.

Good luck with your project.

Jenni

cccstore.co.uk

Hertford House

122 St Mary's Road

Faversham

KENT ME13 8EG

T 01795 53 53 53

F 01795 53 69 91

E info@cccstore.co.uk

www.cccstore.co.uk

Canterbury of New Zealand - Elite SportsWear Stockists...

A ONETWENTY2 Ltd Company

Fear not fellow Dossers, the Head Office has been contacted.

Fingers crossed, i shall have a reply tomorrow :cheers:

p.s just out of interest, can you tell us a wee bit about whether or not the badge and kit man. logo's are going to be in the middle of the strip, or the traditional either side of the chest?

I know the last mock up was fake, but am I the only one who thinks that the MFC badge right in the middle looks really good on those sort of designs?

From a wee bit of deduction and looking at the other kit designs and materials etc, i expect the new strip will look similar to the last mock up anyway, so i think it's going to be a topper of a strip this year fingers crossed!