Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

Provan Sports designer is a 'well fan mind :(

I'm sure it'll be a goodun but we just have to wait and see. Pretty hilarious that there's this amount of debate and argument when there have been absolutely no design details released!! Remember having a right good look at a Deportivo shirt that was in the well shop - total belter and Portsmouth's stuff is no different

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a personal point of view there are too many Canterbury logos on their kits. One makers logo on a top should be all that is required. In this commercial world companies will do anything to get as many logos on their product as possible. This usually means incorporating their brand into their shirt templates as many times as they can.

I looked at a cross section of the present Canterbury templates and on the whole they are not too bad. Unless new templates are released for the coming season you will find that our new kit will be based on the ones below with the addition of a claret band/hoop.

I think this is their latest effort !

post-759-1237891477_thumb.jpg

This is a letter from The Times today, and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with it.

Sir, It surely cannot be a coincidence that the recent(ish) form slump by both the Scottish and English rugby teams should coincide with the introduction of their current dispiriting strips. When I was learning my rugby as a youngster in Edinburgh during the 1960s and 1970s, Scotland were a force to be reckoned with — the team wore navy blue jerseys and white shorts. The English team were also a forceful presence — they wore white jerseys and white shorts without designer logos that look as if they were designed for a figure skater. Can we please go back to the days when Scottish teams wore plain navy blue with a thistle on the left breast and prevailed regularly against all comers?

Gregor Ferguson

New South Wales, Australia .

Maybe the people who design these strips should take a wee look around them in the stands, they will see more and more people buying the more traditional strips than the crap being put out today. Why the hell are the Scotland rugby team playing in GREY!

Canterbury's strips are a dogs dinner, absolutely horrendous.

You've obviously never actually been close to the Scotland rugby shirt have you? It's a white mesh design on top of navy, which believe it or not has a purpose. On the players kit the white mesh is in a rubbery type material which helps them grip the ball. How about you read into some facts before slaughtering a company that hasn't even released 1 piece of merchandise for us yet???

You've obviously never actually been close to the Scotland rugby shirt have you? It's a white mesh design on top of navy, which believe it or not has a purpose. On the players kit the white mesh is in a rubbery type material which helps them grip the ball. How about you read into some facts before slaughtering a company that hasn't even released 1 piece of merchandise for us yet???

It may very well have a purpose, but it takes the look away from the shirt, are you saying they cant produce that mesh in navy?

I've never seen a half decent Canterbury shirt, my wife boufght me a Scotland rugby top a few years back it was by Canterbury and had a huge purple band across the chest. What's that about?

You want to see a decent Rugby shirt take a look at the one Adidas have produced for this years Lions tour to South Africa.

I'll be up in Motherwell before the season ends and I'll pick up a couple of retro shirts while I'm there, because I certainly won't be buying a Canterbury shirt.

I'll be up in Motherwell before the season ends and I'll pick up a couple of retro shirts while I'm there, because I certainly won't be buying a Canterbury shirt.

You have decided you will not buy it before you have even seen it?

Let's hope it is a Cool, Classy, Creation that helps us win the league and cup double in 2010 and goes into the history books as the most sucessful shirt ever.

Will you buy it then?

Scotland's shite, the Trust's shite, Canterbury's shite, it's raining outside.

You should be made to wear shoes with no laces...

Frazzle

Oh dear. What's wrong, you can't handle people with opinions?

I've spouted enough opinions on here you shouldn't have to make things up. I don't recollect ever saying Scotland were shite, or the Trust for that matter (I may hold that opinion on some of their office bearers, but that's different) and it's a nice calm, almost balmy, summer's evening down here.

I'm quite comfortable with people with opinions. That's what football's all about afterall.

I find it bemusing that, particularly with the Trust and now with the new strip, you passionately criticise something you are completely ignorant about. In fairness, it just seems that you don't know much about the Trust - you could, in fact, be an expert going to a conscious effort to look ignorant. However, there is absolutely no doubt that you know nothing about the new Motherwell strip, yet you're already sticking the boot in and declaring that you won't be buying it. It doesn't make sense to me.

Frazzle

He doesn't like next seasons Motherwell (football) strip (that he's never clapped eyes on!) because he doesn't like last seasons Scotland (rugby) strip. Different sport, different seasons range, different colours....

Aye, perfect logic right enough! B-)

Frazzle

No, he's already said he doesn't like various Canterbury designs from Deportivo (football) and Scotland (rugby) for example. I am aware that these are "different seasons range, different colours" and this show's how much he doesn't like Canterbury if he dislikes a whole range of their designs.