Scottish Premiership Aberdeen V Motherwell Wed 15 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Joking aside, on top of how abject the season has been so far anyway, no manager should be able to survive a result and performance like that tonight.

Players should be ashamed of themselves as well. Not the first time some of these guys have capitulated like this, but it's just farcical. An absolute embarrassment,

Assuming Celtic do similar on Saturday, what will the attendance be v Dundee?

If McGhee doesn't do the honourable thing then then the board have to make the decision for him. Failure to do so is weak weak leadership.

Nah, not for me.

We have got decent results against the teams we would hope to get results against (vs bottom 7 - W6 D5 L2).

We have been beaten in the league by the teams we would expect to get beaten by (Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers, Celtic).

We have been knocked out of cups by teams we expected to be knocked out by (Rangers and Celtic).

Tonight is a shocker, but McGhee isn't failing in expectations. His results simply aren't sackable form.

• Like 1

To add Ross county have drawn with Rangers four times! Beaten Aberdeen and drawn with Hearts. Our results against them have been and needed to be spot on, but the fact they have 8 points - think how much better off we could be if McGhee actually figured out how to play against the "big" sides. Too much respect and overthinks everything unless they are in and around our similar area in the league.

• Like 1

This season must rank as one of the worst in my time supporting the club. Not for league position or relegation just general enjoyment.

As mentioned previously the constant breaks, the lack of consistency in performance and team selections has just made it horrible.

Also for me being drawn against both Old Firm away in the cups and losing 4 times to a bang average Rangers side has just taken a lot out of the support and enthusiasm.

There just seems to be something missing at the club as even our talisman King Louis seems to have lost a spark.

• Like 2

This season must rank as one of the worst on my time supporting the club.

As mentioned previously the constant breaks, the lack of consistency in performance and team selections has just made it horrible.

Also for me being drawn against both Old Firm away in the cups and losing 4 times to a bang average Rangers side has just taken a lot out of the support and enthusiasm.

There just seems to be something missing at the club as even our talisman King Louis seems to have lost a spark.

Couldn't agree more, can't wait for it to end

Baraclough was worse. So was the half season with Bobby Watson, though he inherited so much crap from Jock Wallace I don't really blame him as an individual.

We are not relegated yet. We have enough decent players and staff to get us out of this mess and at least survive for another season. After that? A major rebuilding job in the close season, as usual. I've said it before, I doubt there has been a time when the manager's job at a club of outsize has been so difficult.

Unhinged.

Even by McGhee standards, he's been more unbalanced than usual with the over the top post-match reaction at Ibrox, complaining about red cards weeks after the event, repeatedly claiming we have been playing well and 'having a laugh' at 4-0 down.

Sad state of affairs that he has anything to do with the national team.

• Like 2

Unhinged.

Even by McGhee standards, he's been more unbalanced than usual with the over the top post-match reaction at Ibrox, complaining about red cards weeks after the event, repeatedly claiming we have been playing well and 'having a laugh' at 4-0 down.

Sad state of affairs that he has anything to do with the national team.

I didn't have a huge problem with the reaction after the Rangers game and I don't think we have been playing as badly as results would suggest, however I've found his repetitive interviews the last few weeks slightly bizarre (even in the pre match tonight he was still banging on about the red cards) and that video looks like a guy right on the edge.

As an aside - I've never understood Aberdeen fans hatred for McGhee. Have I missed something? Aye, he was woeful up there as a manager but for fuck sake - the guy setup the winning goal against Real Madrid in the European Cup, scoring 4 along the way to the final; then scored the winner in the Super cup the following year. I'm astonished that a poor 18 months in charge is enough to go from genuine club legend to the bile he gets these days.

To be fair - it has been a miserable time in Aberdeen of late. House prices diving and unemployment rocketing.

It is cathartic to take joy in others suffering - as in McGhee

It turned when he said in his opening interview as Aberdeen boss he would rather have had the Celtic job or words to that effect. It would piss me off too. That plus his reaction to the 9-0 loss to Celtic and all his good work as a player was undone.

I didn't have a huge problem with the reaction after the Rangers game and I don't think we have been playing as badly as results would suggest, however I've found his repetitive interviews the last few weeks slightly bizarre (even in the pre match tonight he was still banging on about the red cards) and that video looks like a guy right on the edge.

As an aside - I've never understood Aberdeen fans hatred for McGhee. Have I missed something? Aye, he was woeful up there as a manager but for fuck sake - the guy setup the winning goal against Real Madrid in the European Cup, scoring 4 along the way to the final; then scored the winner in the Super cup the following year. I'm astonished that a poor 18 months in charge is enough to go from genuine club legend to the bile he gets these days.

His Celtic comments the day he was unveiled as Aberdeen manager got him off to a bad start. IIRC, that was closely followed by an embarrassment in Europe and the sacking of a genuine club legend in Jim Leighton.

His Celtic comments the day he was unveiled as Aberdeen manager got him off to a bad start. IIRC, that was closely followed by an embarrassment in Europe and the sacking of a genuine club legend in Jim Leighton.

Oh aye, I remember that at the time. Honest to the point of stupidity - something he hasn't fully grown out of yet.

Still - I'm absolutely astonished that's all enough to outweigh his contributions to that club.