The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Great news and means our new captain is committed to the club!

This is the bit we all really really like though.....

“We continue to discuss extended terms with other players in the squad and hopefully we’ll have some good news there too.”

Great news and means our new captain is committed to the club!

This is the bit we all really really like though.....

We continue to discuss extended terms with other players in the squad and hopefully well have some good news there too.

Interesting isn't it? As far as I know, Moult is the only other we've actively been looking to extend. Unless we're talking to Heneghan behind the scenes maybe.

Excellent news on McHugh though, along with Moult he was undoubtedly one of our best players in the second half of last season and appears to have all the qualities to make a great captain. Delighted.

Could O'Halloran still be an option? No idea of his status at the moment. Tbh I'm not sure if he'd fit in very well with Robinson's idea of a 'unified' squad...

Don't think O'Halloran would bring disharmony to our squad. Things have went drastically wrong at Ibrox but according to Tommy Wright he's a good character.

Rangers are having bother getting rid of Forrester and Windass. O'Halloran is likely to be a more attractive option, particularly for clubs in Scotland.

Frear wasn't playing as a wing back last night, he was on the left of a midfield four. I like the player but he struggled yesterday.

I thought Dunne was impressive. Cedric outshined McMannus by a mile.

I think Frear struggled in the first half, especially in the first 40 minutes. Could the sun have had something to do with it (although in that time he still created 3 excellent crosses) as after the sun fell below the apartments he began to get involved more.

I think Frear struggled in the first half, especially in the first 40 minutes. Could the sun have had something to do with it (although in that time he still created 3 excellent crosses) as after the sun fell below the apartments he began to get involved more.

He did struggle first half, but the issue wasn't the 'sun' - it was Dunne's selective blindness. He was continually unmarked on the left touchline, only for Dunne to ignore him for literally the whole of the first half, despite being the obvious out ball - deciding to try and hit one of the front two. The one time he chose to pass to Frear - he was tightly marked :wild:

Is he a vampire?

Bowman? I'm all for giving the guy a fair crack of the whip, but for me he's still got to prove himself before he gets any new contracts.

Can't see Heneghan, Moult or Cadden extending their deals and I think this forum would spontaneously combust if we offered Hammell or McManus new deals.

As others have pointed out, doesn't leave many players other than new signings...

• Andy_P locked this topic