The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

That's the best we're going to get, if he performs to the level we expect he prob won't even be here next season. However, depending on the situation we have an opportunity to offer him another deal next summer while he still has a year to go.

I've seen enough of him to say he's got pace, strength, fights for everything, good first touch and holds the ball up well (on the whole).

It just doesn't always come together at the right time and he tends to have minimal impact on the points that actually turn the games.

Really you think Bowman's got pace ?? I just don't see that. Don't have any dislike for him, wish him well but pace just aint something I associate with him.

Getting McHugh extended is great business. He has all the attributes to step up a level. A good injury free season will see him attract suitors. This strengthens our hand.

Really you think Bowman's got pace ?? I just don't see that. Don't have any dislike for him, wish him well but pace just aint something I associate with him.

He's not rapid in a foot race, but over 5 yards aye he's quick to the ball.

I see Celtic might need a striker urgently as Dembele and Griffiths injured 750K is peanuts to them wonder if we will get a call .

Unlikely if only because if you have two injured strikers, surely the last player you want to buy is one slowly making his way back from injury...

Unlikely if only because if you have two injured strikers, surely the last player you want to buy is one slowly making his way back from injury...

Aye but we could offer them Blyth for free! Big man is buzzing to go!

• Like 1

Lee Erwin has agreed his release from Leeds, apparently looking at offers from both Scotland & England. I know a lot of folk have voiced before that they thought he was a bit overated at the time. Personally I would try and get him back, don't think he was as ordinary as some have made out. Would give us another option up front which is desperately needed at the moment. I would presume he is a far more mature player since his move down south too.

Great news and means our new captain is committed to the club!

This is the bit we all really really like though.....

We continue to discuss extended terms with other players in the squad and hopefully well have some good news there too.

Jacob Blyth extension IMO.

Lee Erwin has agreed his release from Leeds, apparently looking at offers from both Scotland & England. I know a lot of folk have voiced before that they thought he was a bit overated at the time. Personally I would try and get him back, don't think he was as ordinary as some have made out. Would give us another option up front which is desperately needed at the moment. I would presume he is a far more mature player since his move down south too.

He was at the Bellshill v Rossvale match last night, maybe hes signing for the mighty Athletic...

...in fairness, I'd take him back in a heartbeat, a far better player than he was given credit for on here in my opinion. Although, I'd prefer he was a replacement for Blyth rather than Moult.

• Like 1

Still can't believe the amount of folk that actually rate him. Would be a laugh to have him for the Rangers game though.

The last 6 months or so of his final season here, he was a stand out. He's clearly a bam, but you're going too far the other way on the perception of his ability, I think.

Would take him back over our current 2nd strikers in a heartbeat.

Thought he was bang average scored 5 goals in the whole season he was here, which frankly is very poor, was shite for months during the season for us, only found form when McDonald came back and coached him through games, the fact we got 500k in a development fee was daylight robbery in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think Erwin had lots of raw talent. He was inconsistent during his time here, much as you would expect of someone his age. Whether he has developed any or improved his attitude and application is anyones guess. However, he's not the striker we are looking for.

Great news but only a year extension as was already signed till end of 2017 season so now it's end of 2018

Yeah which means now we at least get a fee for him if he goes at the end of this season, and given his abilities thats what will happen. While 3 years would have been great this is pretty fair all round

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Andy_P locked this topic