The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

The Peterborough owner on Twitter was saying that they are currently negotiating with an SPFL club over the transfer of Shaq Coulthirst, I assume that will be us due to previous interest.

Kyle Lafferty signs for Hearts. Probably was well out with what we could offer, thats of course if he was on our radar.

Apparently spoke to Hibs too and was looking for £5k a week.

Which to be fair, is likely less than half what he was on elsewhere.

The Peterborough owner on Twitter was saying that they are currently negotiating with an SPFL club over the transfer of Shaq Coulthirst, I assume that will be us due to previous interest.

From the snippets I've seen, this is the type of striker I'd like us to take a chance on. He'd certainly offer the pace Robinson is looking for.

By all account though, he'll take some convincing to move north.

• Like 1

From the snippets I've seen, this is the type of striker I'd like us to take a chance on. He'd certainly offer the pace Robinson is looking for.

By all account though, he'll take some convincing to move north.

Going by P&B it's Dundee who are in for the excellently named Coulthirst rather than us. Which makes a bit more sense given he kb'd us in January for quite specific reasons (he didn't want to move away from London). Given that reason I'd have thought it quite odd if we'd gone back for him.

• Like 1

Going by P&B it's Dundee who are in for the excellently named Coulthirst rather than us. Which makes a bit more sense given he kb'd us in January for quite specific reasons (he didn't want to move away from London). Given that reason I'd have thought it quite odd if we'd gone back for him.

Dundee is after all much closer to London.

Graham Carey signs a contract extension at Plymouth.

Scott Burns on Twitter mentions we are looking at Charles Dunne and Shaun Tuton, he is usually good on the Motherwell front, but a bit slow on this front as it was no secret they were training with us.

The flip side to that is that neither had McDonald or Ojamma before they were signed after trials.

Accept that their CV up to this point plays its part, of course, but it's surely as much what they do when they are actually with us on trial than anything that's gone before.

Open minded about them.

• Like 5

None of those players we're looking at/have on trial have great cv's or remarkable past careers.

We don't want to be stuck with any more Clays, Bowman's and Blyths.

Unfortunately with our very small wages, decent players with decent CVs won't come anywhere near us.

• Andy_P locked this topic