The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Only indirectly related to our own club but Partick Thistle have sold Liam Lindsay to Barnsley for .......an undisclosed fee. As I've said before, this terminology is becoming more and more common usually at the request of the buying club. Unfair to criticise our own club for using this term when we're selling players.

Patrick Jude, 20 year Nigerian utility player seems keen on a move here. Currently in the UAE, worth a punt.

Is that true, or did you get an email from him offering to split the $17,000,000 commission?

• Like 5

See the replies in the clubs "Return to training' tweet... The lad does seem very keen.

He also wants Eric Cantona to get him a contact with Man United's under-21s. We'd better move fast...

• Like 2

I dare say even Joe Chalmers could put a clips video together but he looked big, strong, speedy and positionally aware in that video. He even took a quick shy!

You'd have to find footage of him making a tackle to do this.

No idea on the name other than it's a bald guy lol, the female physio Aileen Anderson was also there so looks like we have 2 physios for next season.

Cheers mate, just because I fondly remember Robinson saying we are bringing in a new physio but didn't know if I had missed anything with it being announced
  • Like 1

Whilst our defence is more pressing i still think we really need another forward and none have been mentioned recently expect the guy who's on trial and doesn't exactly sound like a proper replacement for McDonald.I could still see us losing Moult late on and scrambling about for a loan in the last week of the transfer window.

A quick look through our squad and you'd hope that the management realise that the job is only half done. Goalkeeper is sorted, we have plenty of midfielders, though the jury is still out on whether they will be able to do the job for us. The defence is looking sparse with only four players, two of whom are in the twilight of their careers and one of whom is reportedly attracting interest from elsewhere. In all honesty, given that we are a selling club, if we can get anything over £300,000 plus a sell on clause for Hennigan, it will be a great bit of business. It does mean that adequate cover does need to be brought in across the back four which probably means another three or four new faces. The situation up front is less obvious as there are currently players in the squad but the best of them, Moult, will surely be away when we get a decent offer for him, and two of the other options are generally believed to be not of the standard required. Before we can really see about improving the attacking side of the squad, we really need to see how we can get rid of the dead wood that is Blyth and Bowman ( Craig Clay too, if it comes to it). How e go about this, I am not sure. I can fully understand that finding other clubs to take them off our hands will not be easy, so maybe a spell out on loan, to at least cover some of their wages, or even paying them off to clear the decks. It would have a cost involved, but I feel that their presence at the club currently muddies the waters with regard to squad depth. If we are to run with a squad of 19 or 20 players,there is no room for passengers.

Whilst our defence is more pressing i still think we really need another forward and none have been mentioned recently expect the guy who's on trial and doesn't exactly sound like a proper replacement for McDonald.I could still see us losing Moult late on and scrambling about for a loan in the last week of the transfer window.

I think we need cover at the back as many as 3 defenders depending on bens situation and another 2 forwards to replace bowman and Blyth who I don't believe offer anything going forward

4 including moult/fisher id be content with up top

2 defenders plus Ben/replacement at the back

And poss another option to sit between the midfield and forwards would give the 5 more signings that burrows referred to on twitter

• Andy_P locked this topic