The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Just wait until the next Killie game when all the "back to haunt us" delusions start being spouted.

God, don't! The first time he finds a man with a pass, the Messi comparisons will be pishing out certain factions of our support.

Assuming he gets on the park, that is. If he doesn't, it'll be the 'secret weapon', 'impact sub' patter that'll be wheeled out.

Hearing we are in for Polworth of Caley Thistle...

Wikipedia says he signed a 3 year contract in April 2016. I would have thought that - plus the fact he made a first team debut in 2011, would mean a decent transfer/development fee would be required.

So in 3 competitive games we've scored 11 goals with 7 scored by players who aren't strikers. Great to see such a spread across the team however I'm starting to get that wee creep of concern that's already been highlighted by a few folk that we'll struggle if / when Moult goes.

If the goals keep coming from all over the park then there's no problem, however we all know it won't be that straightforward against better opposition.

I do think we've got the potential up front - I'm a big fan of Bowman and think he's got all the attributes to be excellent for us, however players can only sit in the 'got potential' camp for so long. Fisher I thought was a great signing however I've seen very little in the three games that he's featured in to suggest he's carried on his form from the tail end of last season.

2 goals between them in 270 minutes of play against lower league opposition isn't great. If the goals dry up from elsewhere (which they inevitably will for periods), we'll need these guys to be chipping in with more than that.

• Like 1

We have been pretty good at bringing in strikers in recent times. Sutton, Higdon and Moult have all done well. I'm sure part of that has been down to our style of play, but hopefully our Plan A and Plan B targets are in a similar mould.

I think it's actually been fortunate that Moult has been injured so far, because it's forced us to get used to the idea of playing without him.

Another striker is badly needed whether Moult stays or not.

At the back you could say we need a left back or a centre half but the 3 at the back is going to be the major problem. Hearing Robinson single out Dunne for praise after the game was worrying, the guy can barely pass the ball.

I do think we've got the potential up front - I'm a big fan of Bowman and think he's got all the attributes to be excellent for us, however players can only sit in the 'got potential' camp for so long.

Would love him to prove me wrong as the effort he puts in is immense but how anyone who's watched Bowman play since he arrived and still thinks he's up to the standard required is beyond my understanding.

• Like 1

Would love him to prove me wrong as the effort he puts in is immense but how anyone who's watched Bowman play since he arrived and still thinks he's up to the standard required is beyond my understanding.

I've seen enough of him to say he's got pace, strength, fights for everything, good first touch and holds the ball up well (on the whole).

It just doesn't always come together at the right time and he tends to have minimal impact on the points that actually turn the games.

At the back you could say we need a left back or a centre half but the 3 at the back is going to be the major problem. Hearing Robinson single out Dunne for praise after the game was worrying, the guy can barely pass the ball.

Honestly don't see the big problem with Dunne I thought he was excellent on Saturday, maybe cos he's taking over Hammell at the moment some of the older ones are loyal to him n dont want to let him go but after watching Dunne on Saturday and tonight he seems very capable of doing a far better job than Hammell. He has the pace, the strength, does all the basics right and has the ability to header the ball, makes some excellent passes tonight and Saturday and also went a wee wonder on Saturday where he chipped it over 2 players heads, there may have been a few negatives but nothing major everyone has their flaws and personally think Dunne is a great piece of business.
  • Like 2

Honestly don't see the big problem with Dunne I thought he was excellent on Saturday, maybe cos he's taking over Hammell at the moment some of the older ones are loyal to him n dont want to let him go but after watching Dunne on Saturday and tonight he seems very capable of doing a far better job than Hammell. He has the pace, the strength, does all the basics right and has the ability to header the ball, makes some excellent passes tonight and Saturday and also went a wee wonder on Saturday where he chipped it over 2 players heads, there may have been a few negatives but nothing major everyone has their flaws and personally think Dunne is a great piece of business.

Agree with all of that. Don't forget he's been out of the game for months.

• Like 1

I've seen enough of him to say he's got pace, strength, fights for everything, good first touch and holds the ball up well (on the whole).

I'd agree that he fights for everything and possibly has strength , the rest we can agree to differ on , we all have our opinions,

After the three cup games so far, I still feel we are desperately short of a couple of crucial players.

We are badly missing a number 10 with the ability to carry the ball centrally, run in behind and score goals.

Secondly, we are still missing another centre half.

That's on the basis of us keeping Moult and Heneghan btw.

Will Robinson still look to move a few on?

As much as I'd like to, I can't see McManus moving on just now however does anyone have insights to Blythe's status in light of the newspaper articles?

Luke Watt?

For me, the strongest line-up is looking like:

----------------Carson---------------

Kipre---------CD-------Dunne

--------------McHugh----------

Tait------Cadden----Bigirimana----Frear (Just)

-----------------N10.-------------

-----------------Mout--------------

Subs:

Griffiths

McMillan

Hammell

Heneghan

McManus (U20's coach)

Tanner

Rose

Gordon

McLean

Campbell

Bowman

Fisher

Thoughts?

Didnt think Dunne had a great game last night. Ball got stuck under his feet quite a lot, but I put that down to the pitch rather than lack of ability. I wouldnt have singled him out for praise but wouldnt criticise either. The one time he had to stretch his legs he proved he has bags of pace. I think once he beds into the team we will get a better reflection of how good or otherwise he is.

I think once he beds into the team we will get a better reflection of how good or otherwise he is.

I think the same can (and should) be applied to all of the new signings.

I've been quite pleased with Tanner so far, I think there could be a player in there.

• Like 5

I think the same can (and should) be applied to all of the new signings.

I've been quite pleased with Tanner so far, I think there could be a player in there.

I agree. Far too early to be judging any of our new signings.

• Andy_P locked this topic