League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

People moaning at £25 for a cup semi final. That is a couple of quid more than a bang average away league game at say Thistle or St Johnstone.

Aye. £3 more than a home game at Fir Park.

Not sure what folk were expecting - have some only just realised that football is over-priced?

Semi finals don'tcome around too often for us. How many concerts at the SECC or Hydro charge £25 or less?

Allright Stewart Regan.

:lol:

I do agree though. £25 is now cheaper than several SPFL grounds, perhaps we are a bit spoilt. £19 in the east stand must be about the cheapest walk up price in the top 2 leagues. What were people expecting?

If I could find a moan, the majority of our allocation is behind the goal, and even the main stand seats will be towards the corner by the time you take away all the hospitality etc. as I said earlier though it's the only way they could really divvy it up.

My gripe is I just thought they may have set the semi finals out a little cheaper with it being on TV (20, 25, 30). Then that way they could go 25, 30, 35 for the Final. They haven't given themselves a lot of leeway for pricing if it's a Hibs\Motherwell Final.

We are talking about it coming up to an expensive time of the year for some folk as well. If we make the Finals it's another £100+ just weeks before Xmas.

We have also seen clubs all through the competition agreeing to keep prices as low as possible throughout the competition to encourage folk to get along then the "Gods" decide this is the appropriate pricing.

Lets be honest the £25 section is going to be where those with family members U16 are going to go, I have a son at 17,still at school, not earning anything but I am now going to be expected to pay an adult price for him instead of a concession. Whereas he was able to get into the quarter final game at the cheaper price.

I get sick fed up of hearing every year how they are empty seats for these games at Hampden but those in charge don't necessarily help themselves in that respect and a lot of it is down to prices, stupid kick off times and just not giving a darn about the fans.

I am disappointed but I wasn't expecting to be anything else to be honest.

I just hate it when the footballing bodies get involved and get greedy. Nothing new though....

I have been to all the ones in the recent past with both my lads and the missus but hitting 3 figures for tickets, let alone the travel costs, food, drink etc is a little gutting.

The thing is if this their idea of pricing for the diddy cup, what's it going to be for the Scottish Cup...

I just have to consider if I can be justify spending that sort of money, twice in the space of a few weeks. Cos if I think it's only going to be for one game then it's not worth going at all :)

Moan over....

**Knowing me, I'll go anyway.**

• Like 1

I don't really have a problem with the pricing, though I understand others do. However, should we not sell out our allocation, which i would be disappointed if we don't. Any returned tickets could be sold to sevco fans 20× over. Don't really think the sfa are going to worry about what some 'Well fans think about the cost. Get there and get behind the team after all we get 1/4 of the pooled money from both semi finals.

• Like 1

We are talking about it coming up to an expensive time of the year for some folk as well. If we make the Finals it's another £100+ just weeks before Xmas.

Lets be honest the £25 section is going to be where those with family members U16 are going to go, I have a son at 17,still at school, not earning anything but I am now going to be expected to pay an adult price for him instead of a concession. Whereas he was able to get into the quarter final game at the cheaper price.

I just hate it when the footballing bodies get involved and get greedy. Nothing new though....

To be fair to the SPFL, I think it's the 4 clubs who agree on pricing. With the old firm being involved, there may be an element of cashing in, and certainly no need to offer a reduced price to sell out (or close to it). Although I suspect they just see that as the going rate. Given they charge each other £49 at each other's ground....

I don't think it's that expensive, although take your point about a 17 year old in full time education. Always thought that was a bit of a hit to overnight jump from £10 to £25 because you had a birthday despite your circumstances remaining exactly the same. Otherwise I don't think the pricing could be much fairer.

(Unless he has a beard, just get him a concession. I was getting in the boys gate at away games well into my 20s)

Its not so much the pricing that annoys me but Hampden itself. In my last four visits there I have had a poor view twice.

In 1999? I was at the Scotland England play off game and was seated about ten rows from the front in the east stand where we will be for this game. I was a pitch length from the near goals and had to view the centre of the pitch through the goal nets. As far as what was happening when they play was at the other end forget it.

My next visit was the 2005 league cup final and I got a worms eye view as my seat was three rows from the front in section I. A rotten day all round.

For the semi and final in 2011 I got good seats high up to the side but still behind the bye line at the west end. As least you could follow the play.

The fact that you buy a ticket and get an allocated seat that could be in the front row or back row for me means the tickets are a lottery,especially for the east stand.

If you can afford it go for the section J or I and try and get as far back as possible.

From today's Daily Mail

Rangers home premiership match against Aberdeen has been rescheduled from October 22 to Wednesday November 29 because of both club's involvement in the Betfred Cup semi-finals, The clash will be shown live on Sky Sports.

Meanwhile, the SPFL announced ticket prices for both Betfred Cup semi-final ties (Hibernian v Celtic and Rangers v Motherwell) will start at £25.

£45 for me and my two boys to see our team play at Hampden for the first time in years? Seems pretty reasonably priced to me.

Agree on the 17-year old situation right enough, there should be some sort of student concession available, but I suppose thats open to abuse. Also agree on us being hit with the shitey seats, while Rangers get the North Stand, but we've got to be practical with that as well. There will be 5,000 or 6,000 'well fans there I'd imagine, not really in much of a position to make too many demands.

I really hope we have a massive support. Going to be vastly outnumbered so lads need all the support they can get. Imagine how demoralising if they ran out to 5,000 well fans.i expect at least double and considering how rare it is for us to reach a semi final we all need to get behind the team. Prices I think are fine and remember for quarter final it was a tenner so club are trying their best.....COYW

Why dont we all try and drum up support and try and drag folk with us that wouldnt normally attend. Its a big occasion at the national stadium. If every season ticket holder can bring one other person we get 8000 fans there. We all have family, friends, lapsed fans we know who have an interest in affection for Motherwell. I realise its not cheap but lets get as many bums on seats as possible.

IIRC, we had around 4k at our league cup semis in 2005, 2006 and 2011. Don't see it being different on this occasion. If it were the Scottish Cup, we'd be looking at around 8k.

I think we might be able to attract a bit more, as Rangers are a far inferior team to any old firm side we've played at Hampden. Basically people might come out the woodwork as we have a decent chance of winning.

Prices as expected. I'm less bothered about the cost on its own it's the fact most seats in Hampden are a shit view. I'll be there with 4 others though. Mon!

If you're taking kids it's not great. I might treat myself to a seat in the main stand. Which really isn't like me, I'm a tight B....

Well I know 5 fans who wont be there. Bloody changing to the Sunday has killed my chances of going. Plus a few of my Well supporting mates.

Actually gutted beyond belief.

Was always a 50/50 chance.

I presume you have something on, rather than a dislike of football on Sunday's? (Not that you need to justify it to me, just curious)