2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

So to summarize we have signed 4 guys on loan.

1) a left back which we badly needed and who looks like he will be a solid signing

2) a winger from Huddersfield on loan who was here before and knows what club is about.

3) a Leeds winger who is a diehard well fan and you know will give it everything while he is here and actually showed lovely touches on Wednesday

4) a legend first time around who again knows the club and will do his damnedest while here and hopefully chip in with a few goals.

You know what, I know we all have our views but I personally am happy with the signings.  COYWWWWWW

• Like 6

Nobody knows how this will turn out,that's the beauty of the game of football but signing moult isn't anymore of a gamble than signing say some 20 year old striker from the english championship that's never played a first team game before.

34 minutes ago, dennyc said:

And if he gets (or is) crocked he can return to Burton.  If it works out we have made the deal of the window. On and off the pitch possibly At no risk. 

The risk is KVV getting injured or suspended and Moult not being fit enough to provide cover for him. 

26 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

So to summarize we have signed 4 guys on loan.

1) a left back which we badly needed and who looks like he will be a solid signing

2) a winger from Huddersfield on loan who was here before and knows what club is about.

3) a Leeds winger who is a diehard well fan and you know will give it everything while he is here and actually showed lovely touches on Wednesday

4) a legend first time around who again knows the club and will do his damnedest while here and hopefully chip in with a few goals.

You know what, I know we all have our views but I personally am happy with the signings.  COYWWWWWW

100% this.

16 minutes ago, mfc said:

Nobody knows how this will turn out,that's the beauty of the game of football but signing moult isn't anymore of a gamble than signing say some 20 year old striker from the english championship that's never played a first team game before.

There's a difference between signing players where their ability is in question to signing players who might not be able to run 30 yards like we did with Ross McCormack and Ojala. 

27 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Don’t really believe in bringing players back but I hope this works for Louis and the club.

You mean like craigan,lasley,hammell,uncle phil,mcfadden and now moult..mmmm you seem to get shot down with most of your posts/comments on here,or maybe ive just took the bait

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

There's a difference between signing players where their ability is in question to signing players who might not be able to run 30 yards like we did with Ross McCormack and Ojala.

Again we don't know how moult will hold up,he could get injured tomorrow if he's involved or stay fit enough that he does us a turn while he's here,people instantly writing it off and using words like disaster are talking bollocks when the truth is we don't know how it will turn out.

What I would say is it’s brought a real feel good factor to the club, look at the response on Twitter, the supporters love the guy. That alone actually gives the whole club a lift and as much as I have reservations you can’t beat that feeling.

Well done SH.  

He's done well during this transfer window. Late to the party, most teams settled, had to rely on loans. Brought in 4 in the positions we need , all have potential to show that bit of quality that we needed and has offloaded Ojala. 

A lot of the squad were decent but in many ways quite ordinary players, some of these signings can give us a bit of spark. 

Deserves pretty high marks IMO. 

• Like 1

Just now, GazzyB said:

The video of Moult on social media getting out his car and looking around is brilliant. He seems genuinely delighted to be back.

I really hope he can get fit and enjoy the last few years of his career.

Certainly was. Great to see a player joining with a big smile on his face.

And from that video it appears he will be wearing No.21 this season.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

You mean like craigan,lasley,hammell,uncle phil,mcfadden and now moult..mmmm you seem to get shot down with most of your posts/comments on here,or maybe ive just took the bait

You know I could actually attempt a new version of Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire" with all the past players we have signed a 2nd time!!...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The risk is KVV getting injured or suspended and Moult not being fit enough to provide cover for him. 

And then we are no worse off than we were at midnight last night. Shields etc would have to step up for a couple of weeks. But any player we sign could get injured in training. In fact we have history in that respect. Very recent history. It's up to Hammell to have a plan for that situation. You never know, he might even have a free agent in mind as another addition. But Moult had to be taken on now because of the transfer window regulations.

I think you are looking for the possible negatives rather than looking at the possible benefits. For me the potential benefits vastly outweigh the possible negatives and this was a loan signing worth trying. If you think otherwise so be it.

51 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Have a day off ffs aye the whole team could come down with covid, or millons of other scenarios and we'd have to play the boys, does anybody else think that's a risk no, so stop talking shite.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

You know I could actually attempt a new version of Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire" with all the past players we have signed a 2nd time!!...lol

Here goes. 

" Stephen Craigan..... Stephen Pearson.... Scott MacDonald... Ross McCormack.....Keith Lasley...Phil O'Donnell.....Louis Moult"

"James McFadden.....Brian McClair.....Steven Hammell...Stu McKinstry...North Korea ...South Korea ...Marilyn Monroe"

Ok I ran out of names halfway through the 2nd verse!!! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

The real risk is me spilling my bovril down the guys neck in front of me when Moult scores his first goal. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Here goes. 

" Stephen Craigan..... Stephen Pearson.... Scott MacDonald... Ross McCormack.....Keith Lasley...Phil O'Donnell.....Louis Moult"

"James McFadden.....Brian McClair.....George Burley....Gregor Stevens....North Korea ...South Korea ...Marilyn Monroe"

Ok I ran out of names halfway through the 2nd verse!!! Lol

Didnt realise i had missed so many out lol

• David locked this topic