Kilmarnock v Motherwell 27/08/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Played OK in the first quarter of the game, but then overrun in the midfield again making it far too easy to get at the defence. We really need to do something different in the middle of the park. Far too easy to beat in that area.

Did anyone really expect this defence to not throw away goals. Did it all last season and no different this season. Also apart from the Aberdeen game we normally only manage to score 1 goal per game. We know how that ends. And as I continually mentioned in previous posts KVV scores again and nobody else does. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Poor subs sterted it tbh.
No need to bring on Morris and Efford.
We were relatively comfortable.
Have completely lost the midfield

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TBH, I don't think that we have looked comfortable at all. Kilmarnock were getting at us very easily. It was only a matter of time before they scored and after the first one, I expected more.

1 minute ago, MFCL84 said:

But on this showing, better than us.

I didn’t think we were dreadful in the first half. Second half performance has been brutal,  subs seemed completely hap-hazard, lost all our shape and two terrible goals to lose.

We threw that game away with conceding two of the softest goals we will see all season.today shows that we need too add a couple of better players before the transfer window shuts,the options from the bench just aren't good enough,efford and morris in particular offered nothing when they came on.

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

We threw that game away with conceding two of the softest goals we will see all season

The goals were soft, but Kilmarnock had plenty of opportunities earlier and failed to take them. A team with some half decent finishers would have embarrassed Motherwell today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Same old same old.  Van Veen must be sick of it.  Does his business and gets no win bonus because of our diddy defenders.

Kilmarnock had a -8 goal difference going into this and only scored 1 goal in 4 games.

Does his business..r u serious,he scored a good goal but his touch n build up play was pretty poor,he was in great positions but was just to selfish

• Like 1

Just now, MelvinBragg said:

Not a fan of bringing on Morris for Cornelius. You're replacing energy and work rate with someone who offers neither. Morris can take the sting out of a game and slow it down, what you're after at 1-0 up. So bring him on for Shields. Stupid substitution to make...

He can also let a 6 foot+ defender run off him at the back post,that is just basic football,