Celtic v Motherwell 01/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

7 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

You'll get it on hesgoal.com but beware, Boyd is on the commentary team....

Cheers, Tho I might no bother now. I’ve Just found some pins to stick in my eyes instead.

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I thought you'd disappeared after the first Hearts goal.

Welcome back (and cheerio!)

The first Hearts goal against us the other week?

No I posted a good few times on that match thread at half time and full time that day. A match that I was at, supporting the team and despite the result I applauded their efforts at the end.

Whereas you of course were sitting on the other side of the Atlantic alternating between watching the game on a dodgy stream and making snide remarks on here as you usually do.

Pipe down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

We can’t get out, we can’t keep the ball, we can’t get up the pitch.

This Celtic team are one of their best ever, there’s no shame in struggling against them, but this is just a training game now.

Calm down.

Wait and see if they can win a game in Europe before you start licking boots. 

I wouldn’t say it’s one of Celtic’s best ever sides. Their teams under Martin O’Neill with the likes of Larsson, Sutton, Petrov were better than this current side.

However I don’t think the gap in quality between Celtic and sides like us has ever been bigger, even back in the O’Neill days.

What makes this Celtic side so strong is their workrate, athleticism and intensity. When you have all of that along with the best players in the league then you will make short shrift of most sides nine times out of ten.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

74% possession. Sorry for admitting the blatantly obvious that they’re actually no bad. 

It's not at all uncommon when one team parks the bus. 

Calling a team one of the best ever because they are one nil up and knocking it about against a team with Lamie, Shields, Maguire and Spittal is ridiculous. 

It’s been pretty much as you would have expected, except for the scoreline. We’ve not been in it and have been chasing shadows but our heads haven’t went down so far and we got a rare bit of luck in this fixture with the goal. We will still lose but at least we’ve had something to shout (and laugh) about.

If we could just repeat that at Fir Park in a couple of weeks time then you never know.