Hearts v Motherwell 06/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

No complaints about losing that. If you can’t defend, can’t even do the basics like keep possession or track runs against a side with ten men then you don’t deserve anything.

We look a very poorly coached side, which is alarming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Criminal to lose the game from the position we were in. After getting back to 2-2 I was all for us taking the risk to try for the win, but that was a cheap way to lose, once again not stopping a run.

I knew we would still lose even when we got it back to 2-2, absolutely knew it.

• Haha 1

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Respect your opinion but I totally disagree

Who would you say? I think the big guy has done fairly well this season all things considered. Quite unfortunate at the penalty incident, Hearts got away with the same thing weeks ago.

Anyway frustrating day all round, to concede three goals to ten men is shocking.

Hearts should have absolutely buried us in the first half.

We've lost a goal in first half injury time and against 10 men.

Gordon HAS to be sent off but isn't because he's the cuddly toy of Scottish football.

Come back from 0-2.

Lose it to a penalty right at the end.

What's it like being a Motherwell supporter, eh?

Just now, pretzel said:

Who would you say? I think the big guy has done fairly well this season all things considered. Quite unfortunate at the penalty incident, Hearts got away with the same thing weeks ago.

Anyway frustrating day all round, to concede three goals to ten men is shocking.

Lamie, Penney and mcginn all been better in my opinion.  Big Sol not sole reason we lost today, losing 3 goals against 10 men an embarrassment plus fact Gordon not receiving a 2nd yellow 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pretzel said:

Penny and McGinn are by a distance our best defenders. 

We need reinforcements in the middle.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

No complaints about losing that. If you can’t defend, can’t even do the basics like keep possession or track runs against a side with ten men then you don’t deserve anything.

We look a very poorly coached side, which is alarming.

It would be a shame if we let these shite imposter players colour our view of Hammy. In truth, I think the issue is that some of them are just too crap to be able to be coached into players good enough to do the basics. 

I wouldn't blame Sol for the penalty, but he's not a particularly good defender. He's had some good spells, and wins a lot in the air, but has frequent brain farts and isn't quick enough to make up for them.

It was good to see moult involved in the game. I thought he was pretty sharp considering, and him and Van Veen had some nice bits of link up play.

Slattery looked better, and started really well, but put us in danger a few times by going down expecting the foul.

1 minute ago, JSR said:

We never seem as hungry as the opposition we’re powderpuff in midfield and I don’t get the ‘ Connor Shields as a wide man’ thing

We’ve been like that for a while but it’s a growing trend this season. As I said earlier on we have not even managed to draw a game this season where we have conceded the opening goal. We have scored five equalisers this season and only went on to win once, that was against Aberdeen in August when we went 2-1 down and got it back to 2-2. There is clearly a mentality issue as well as a coaching issue in this team.

All in all it’s just not good enough.

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

It would be a shame if we let these shite imposter players colour our view of Hammy. In truth, I think the issue is that some of them are just too crap to be able to be coached into players good enough to do the basics. 

I agree and far too many of our regular starters just aren’t good enough for this level, with Shields and Spittal being the main culprits. When you add in an inexperienced manager in his first appointment then it’s a recipe for disaster.

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

You are saying the players can't get any better. Using that logic then Hammell can't get any better as a coach or a manager. 

13 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I knew we would still lose even when we got it back to 2-2, absolutely knew it.

You really are turning into a boring arsehole with the  constant "we're going to lose, game over negative pish"so how about giving us all a break and try some positivity for a change

6 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Yeah we've fucked up yet again..but radio talking bout decisions....ref and VAR,Gordon 2nd yellow..not given.....Goss fouled in box but deemed offside..no VAR on either decision bcos flag went up....keep your flag down from now on ..clowns the lot of them

Goss definitely looked inside to me. Should have been checked and if inside the penalty claim should have been checked.