Motherwell v Celtic 09/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Only way we can get something is too get in their faces and not give them time on the ball. We can bring 5 subs on so if everyone runs themselves into the ground for an hour we can bring on fresh legs. Yes it's a long shot but you never know.....a bit like me being support act for Peter Kay on his new tour!!

:no: 

• Haha 1

I think we need to go 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 in this one, but not sure we can do that unless McGinn is fit. Pack the defence/midfield. Agree with Cornelius as the extra body in midfield. Not sure if Moult would be fit enough to give us 45/60 minutes but if he is it definitely makes more sense to have him on when we are still in the game.  We can change him out for Sheilds as and when he is done. If he cant give us that much and we have to make do with another cameo off the bench, then Id play Sheilds through the middle with KVV to chase knock ons and make Celtic sit deeper. Unfortunately I dont se Hammy doing any of that and we will probably match up 4-3-3 again. If so, it could be a long night.

15 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think we need to go 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 in this one, but not sure we can do that unless McGinn is fit. Pack the defence/midfield. Agree with Cornelius as the extra body in midfield. Not sure if Moult would be fit enough to give us 45/60 minutes but if he is it definitely makes more sense to have him on when we are still in the game.  We can change him out for Sheilds as and when he is done. If he cant give us that much and we have to make do with another cameo off the bench, then Id play Sheilds through the middle with KVV to chase knock ons and make Celtic sit deeper. Unfortunately I dont se Hammy doing any of that and we will probably match up 4-3-3 again. If so, it could be a long night.

I like your way of thinking,Louie and KVV up top, mckinstry/Tierney in behind t stop the easy out ball with the option of getting up to support front men.SOD Goss, Slattery penney across the middle and any 3 from the 4 we may have available at the back,or sacrifice mckinstry/Tierney for deano to sit in front of centre halfs I may favour McGuire if we were to play that system,I just get the feeling it'll be totally different shape from what I've suggested 

Livingston 2-0 up against Aberdeen early doors tonight. These are the sides that you would expect/hope us to be competing against in the league and if that stays the same then Livi are six points ahead of us.

We need to start picking up points and although tomorrow night is almost certainly a write off you look to the St.Johnstone game at the weekend as a game where we really need to get something if we are to avoid getting cut off in the relegation zone.

• Confused 1

Cornelius is certainly improving in the eyes of most on here by not playing . I thought hammell would obviously know him well and play him more but he obviously thinks others are better going by the minutes he's been on park.

I think tomorrow he will stick with same formation i. 4231/433 and if he does then I'd have 

Kelly

Mcginn/SOD  sol  lamie  penny

Slattery    goss

Cornelius     kvv      spittal

Moult

Not a lot of pace but we need to track their full backs as well as provide support for our fullbacks and Dean and Blair will provide that better than our other forward players I feel.

Kvv and moult were swapping times at going back to defend on Sunday as well as being our main goal threats so I hope it can work.

Spittal gets a bit of stick but he's had 2 goals and 3 assists in 13 games which isn't too bad I feel.

Hoping for the best but fearing the worst as ever with these fkrs

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Also maybe it's his voice that put folk off but you can't argue with the job Martindale is doing at Livi, pure quality big chap

If he was in charge at Fir Park, there would be massive unrest on the terraces (if there were any).  He might get results but the punters would loathe and hate his brand of football.

8 hours ago, spudmfc said:

I like your way of thinking,Louie and KVV up top, mckinstry/Tierney in behind t stop the easy out ball with the option of getting up to support front men.SOD Goss, Slattery penney across the middle and any 3 from the 4 we may have available at the back,or sacrifice mckinstry/Tierney for deano to sit in front of centre halfs I may favour McGuire if we were to play that system,I just get the feeling it'll be totally different shape from what I've suggested 

For tomorrow, I'd reinstate Dean Cornelius to give us some drive, mobility and energy in the middle.  He'd also provide  VV with better support than he's been used to. 

Tierney might be talented but, at the moment flatters to deceive and is a bit lightweight.  He's also been playing too deep (instructions?) to be of much help to VV. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

If he was in charge at Fir Park, there would be massive unrest on the terraces (if there were any).  He might get results but the punters would loathe and hate his brand of football.

It would be like watching a GA team, but without the flowing football.

5 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

Livingston 2-0 up against Aberdeen early doors tonight. These are the sides that you would expect/hope us to be competing against in the league and if that stays the same then Livi are six points ahead of us.

We need to start picking up points and although tomorrow night is almost certainly a write off you look to the St.Johnstone game at the weekend as a game where we really need to get something if we are to avoid getting cut off in the relegation zone.

Getting cut off in the relegation zone? We are 7 points clear of the relegation zone!!

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Getting cut off in the relegation zone? We are 7 points clear of the relegation zone!!

We are 4 points off the play off spot with the worst form in the league, an inexperienced manager and obvious defects as a team.

Some teams above us have games in hand.

I think it's fair to say if we don't pick up anything in the next two matches we are starting to look a little adrift in the bottom 4. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I must stress I wasn't suggesting him as a future manager, I am very much in the Hammell camp and prepared to give him time. I was just pointing out how Livi punch above their weight and also they can get the odd result against old firm

15 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I must stress I wasn't suggesting him as a future manager, I am very much in the Hammell camp and prepared to give him time. I was just pointing out how Livi punch above their weight and also they can get the odd result against old firm

Its ok Grizzly, I wasn't suggesting that you were. More of a comment on the relative perspectives of the different supports. We'll get a similar insight into that on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

A wee while ago 

We should’ve won 

That game still annoys me to this day. A classic Motherwell bottle job.

6 hours ago, GazzyB said:

As has been said we are only four clear of the playoff spot and in poor form. In a league which is as tight as this you need to pick up points and we haven’t been doing enough of that over the past month.

Ross County beating Hibs last night bringing them to within a point of us isn’t great for us either, especially given that we will get nothing tonight.