Motherwell v Celtic 09/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

The Celtic player is not on the pitch the throwing should have been taking again ………… thought VAR was supposed to check all goals !!!!!!!

Would like anyone with any insight into the rules to clarify this one, I’m genuinely unsure. 

2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Would like anyone with any insight into the rules to clarify this one, I’m genuinely unsure. 

If the guy taking the throw hits an opponent with it, play continues. Doesn't say anything about the opponent being off the field of play - probably because we're the only team stupid enough to manage that.

• Haha 2

I thought we actually did ok tonight. They're clearly a level above us when it comes to ball control and speed of movement and thought. I thought we looked like a better team with the really high press early on, only thing is, that's hard as fuck to sustain  for 90 mins cause it's knackering.  Having said that, the goals we lost were preventable, but the second in particular is the kind of things that happens when you push up chasing an equaliser.

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

I thought we actually did ok tonight. They're clearly a level above us when it comes to ball control and speed of movement and thought. I thought we looked like a better team with the really high press early on, only thing is, that's hard as fuck to sustain  for 90 mins cause it's knackering.  Having said that, the goals we lost were preventable, but the second in particular is the kind of things that happens when you push up chasing an equaliser.

Dare I say it"we looked better without KVV",though I think the shape changed slightly in 2nd half

Like Rangers a couple of weeks ago Celtic were there for the taking tonight.

The team battled away but the stupid decision making and inability to pass, keep possession or put in a good final ball was glaring.  Our lack of ability on the ball is actually embarrassing.  It's amateur level stuff.

The 2nd Celtic goal summed us up.  Not only completely avoidable but us turning what should be pressure on Celtic into guaranteed nil points with sheer sloppiness.  

That's us 1 league win at home from 7 this season and that was a dodgy pen that VAR probably wouldn't even give these days.

Can't really afford for St Johnstone to go 7 points ahead of us so we really need to get something out of that match.

1 minute ago, spudmfc said:

Dare I say it"we looked better without KVV",though I think the shape changed slightly in 2nd half

Probably......KVV is a centre forward though and we've rarely played him as such. He's spent most of his time with us as a lone central striker having to come back the way to  collect the ball, usually around halfway or that area of the opposition half. We looked better on Sat with Mould up front along with him and them playing closer together and a forward moving midfield, so the two strikers can look for the ball in the box where they should be.

Ah well closer than I expected but I am sick and tired with the cheap goals we are conceding, Slattery shocking for first and Penney just needs a simple throw back to Lamie.

KVV misses great chance and just spends full half jogging not in the least bit interested, just my opinion and you don't need to agree but as a lone striker he is just wasted as workrate is shocking.if he is injured then he shouldn't be starting,  

We keep losing my odd goal so we aren't far away but we really need a big confidence boost on Saturday and then get Louis fit during world cup break.  COYW 

44 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded.

22 minutes ago, brainier said:

Was he two yards away from the thrower? I think that is the rule. 

Yeah, that's the rule, but I think that's to do with the defender deliberately blocking the throw. The player taking the shy can legally 'deflect' it off an opponent and the game will continue, as long as it wasn't thrown violently or with intent to injure the opponent. Obviously, you'd only try that if you were trying to gain an advantage.

We tried a quick throw in and made a complete arse of it. Don't think there was anything illegal about it, but we'll see if Hammell complains about it.

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

What do you think's wrong with that - he's not 2 yards away, or his foot isn't in.play when the baw hits his dome?

He heads the ball before it enters the field of play. He's also less than 1m away from Penney's hand when he releases the ball.

Are you serious?

45 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Just back in, we gave that a right good go 2nd half and you are right we were better without KVV, More pace up front from Shields, and especially when Moult and Tierney came on.

As usual though we caused our own downfall and tbh Celtic were well worth the 3 points, but I actually thought we played well, pressed high and restricted the chances they got, Kelly never had a save to make. Against a team like Celtic who have a lot of pace any mistakes are punished as we saw with our throw in that hit the Celtic player who was not even on the park, and VAR saw no problem and 3 passes later we are 2 down ,another VAR fuck up.

1st half we offered nothing apart from KVV, missing an open goal again, we can't continue with him up front on his own, Moult needs to start on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

52 minutes ago, brainier said:

Was he two yards away from the thrower? I think that is the rule. 

18 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Yeah, that's the rule,

Its called 'Laws' of the Game not RULES...OMFG . :nono:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He heads the ball before it enters the field of play. He's also less than 1m away from Penney's hand when he releases the ball.

Are you serious?

You're surely not serious about him heading it. Penney throws it off him, there's no movement of his head.  

Distance wise, the rule states all opponents must stand 2 yards back when the throw in is about to be taken. If you take a quick free kick before the opponent is 10 yards back and he intercepts it, play continues. Same rule applies?

• Like 1